Results 1 to 15 of 85

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,636

    Default What's you 2020 hope?

    I hope things get a little better for certain characters. That Nightwing is treated better. I'm hoping 5G isn't too bad

  2. #2
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,117

    Default

    That everyone can enjoy their favorite characters.

  3. #3
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    I hope for a landmark story for Luke Fox from his Batman run first and foremost, i don't want this to be a disposable thing especially if it ends up being temporary. I hope we see Duke establishing himself as a hero and stops getting dunked on by villains; i would also love for him to get a full costume redesign, if not just take the bat off his face. I would like for Tim's post-Robin career to cement itself this time, i'm tired of the people complaining about Tim being or not being Robin. I have no hopes for Bruce, we've seen just about everything with Bruce, so whatever he does next i'm sure will be fine. While I don't mind the Ric Grayson storyline, i pray they just make him Nightwing again if only so disgruntled Nightwing fans can move on from that plot because i'm tired of seeing complaints about it on everything. I would love to see more Cassandra Cain kicking ass and maturing as a character pass the emotionally stunted heavy of the bat-clan. overall, I would lik all heroes of the Gotham to be allowed to establish themselves beyond the shadow of Batman and not just be "Batman's X" or "Batman but with x distinguishing trait"
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-13-2020 at 06:23 PM.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham(respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Guardian.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Far Sector, Red Hood: Outlaws
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-Men (2019), Venom, X-Force
    Anticipated titles: John Ridley IV's Batman w/Luke Fox, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  4. #4
    The Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Remembering that Harper exists, even if she's just a non-costumed ally of the Batman Family.

  5. #5
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,955

    Default

    Priority 1: Dick Grayson back to his old self.
    Priority 2: The three Batgirls all have their full histories acknowledged. Maybe Babs can share the mantle, as Cassandra's Orphan codename no longer makes sense.
    Priority 3: Consistency for Tim Drake. He shouldn't be Red Robin in one book, and Robin/Drake in another.
    Priority 4: Get the Robins' tenures proportionally right when 5G happens - that means Robin's (originally 1940-1984) should be twice as long as Tim's (1989-2009) which in turn is twice as long as Damian's (2009-present). Jason's run as Robin (1984-1988) was shorter than the others, with only Stephanie Brown's tenure (which only lasted a single arc) being shorter. The current rumour is that Tim has the longest tenure, which wouldn't match Nightwing's history (Jason and Tim both started older than he did).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,366

    Default

    My problem goes all the way to the top of DC management so I don't think it can be solved within a year

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I would like the all the Gotham heroes of the Gotham to be allowed to establish themselves beyond the shadow of Batman and not just be "Batman's X" or "Batman but with x distinguishing trait"
    Like that. That's the kinda problem I'm talking about.

    So, for now, the problem that's not about management...

    I guess I hope that the Super Sons graphic novel flop hard enough they'll put Tomasi or other writers that get Super Sons or Super Sons fans, but not too hard they completely cancel it because I think aiming at casual readers not bound by preorder or continuity is a good idea

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Priority 4: Get the Robins' tenures proportionally right when 5G happens - that means Robin's (originally 1940-1984) should be twice as long as Tim's (1989-2009) which in turn is twice as long as Damian's (2009-present). Jason's run as Robin (1984-1988) was shorter than the others, with only Stephanie Brown's tenure (which only lasted a single arc) being shorter. The current rumour is that Tim has the longest tenure, which wouldn't match Nightwing's history (Jason and Tim both started older than he did).
    Jason was 12 when he started, which is also the typical starting age for Dick.

    I would like to see them sort out the mess they created with the ages of the Robins, it makes no sense that Tim is 16 if Damian is 13, and Jason can't really be more then 1 year older then Tim (2 is already hard to justify without retconing the starting ages or stretching the timeline).

    I would also like to see pre flashpoint Birds of Prey and Huntress restored (at least up untill One Year later).
    Last edited by Aahz; 01-15-2020 at 01:20 AM.

  8. #8
    Also goes by Westbats Westbats's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Remembering that Harper exists, even if she's just a non-costumed ally of the Batman Family.
    Something I'd love to happen this year is reset my counter on my phone; I've kept track of how long it's been since Harper last appeared in any book. As of January 15, 2020, it's been 854 days since Harper Row last appeared in any panel (last being Detective Comics 964 ).

    I think every character should get an opportunity for one more story. The fact that Harper never showed up in Last Knight on Earth was kinda disappointing, I still have hopes that James Tynion IV will have her cameo in a panel considering that Tynion's first arc on Batman shares a similar topic to Snyder's, and that he is Harper Row's co-creator.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, Nightwing, Batgirl, Batman: Curse of the White Knight, Justice League, Magnificent Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Red Hood and The Outlaws, Batman and The Outsiders, Young Justice, and Dial H for Hero.

  9. #9
    The Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    Something I'd love to happen this year is reset my counter on my phone; I've kept track of how long it's been since Harper last appeared in any book. As of January 15, 2020, it's been 854 days since Harper Row last appeared in any panel (last being Detective Comics 964 ).

    I think every character should get an opportunity for one more story. The fact that Harper never showed up in Last Knight on Earth was kinda disappointing, I still have hopes that James Tynion IV will have her cameo in a panel considering that Tynion's first arc on Batman shares a similar topic to Snyder's, and that he is Harper Row's co-creator.
    I understand that she wasn't exactly everyone's favorite character, but the degree that she's been largely ignored since retiring from being Bluebird is just kinda silly. Maybe a recurring role on the Young Justice cartoon and (possibly? hopefully?) showing up on the CW Batwoman show may help raise her profile.

  10. #10
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I hope for a landmark story for Luke Fox from his Batman run first and foremost, i don't want this to be a disposable thing especially if it ends up being temporary. I hope we see Duke establishing himself as a hero and stops getting dunked on by villains; i would also love for him to get a full costume redesign, if not just take the bat off his face. I would like for Tim's post-Robin career to cement itself this time, i'm tired of the people complaining about Tim being or not being Robin. I have no hopes for Bruce, we've seen just about everything with Bruce, so whatever he does next i'm sure will be fine. While I don't mind the Ric Grayson storyline, i pray they just make him Nightwing again if only so disgruntled Nightwing fans can move on from that plot because i'm tired of seeing complaints about it on everything. I would love to see more Cassandra Cain kicking ass and maturing as a character pass the emotionally stunted heavy of the bat-clan. overall, I would like the all the Gotham heroes of the Gotham to be allowed to establish themselves beyond the shadow of Batman and not just be "Batman's X" or "Batman but with x distinguishing trait"
    I like Duke's bat-mask, makes sense with the whole bat signal Signal identity.

    My hope for 2020 is good stories.

  11. #11
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    283

    Default

    I hope that Batman's retirement is due to wanting to raise his daughter Helena with Selina

  12. #12
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I like Duke's bat-mask, makes sense with the whole bat signal Signal identity.

    My hope for 2020 is good stories.
    but he's not named for the bat-signal, bats aren't even his visual motif, it's sunlight. he's named for a "signal" knight, the first knight on the battlefield, the outrider. slapping a bat logo on his face is insulting to the character because the costume doesn't match the hero persona, it only marks him as another notch on Batman's belt. plus, it's not exactly good optics to have his hero identity be associated with the literally Bat-signal. The last three black members of the Batfamily their have their names be tools isn't a great look, doesn't help the looming "tokenism" feel they tend to have due to the Bat-office constantly swapping out black bat-characters with one another, one after the other. Orpheus to Onyx, Onyx to David Zavimbe, Zavimbe to Luke, Luke to Duke, it's not even like they keep them around long enough to interact with one another. I love everything about Duke except his costume, and considering the few stories he gets, the least they could do is let him look like his own character.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham(respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Guardian.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Far Sector, Red Hood: Outlaws
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-Men (2019), Venom, X-Force
    Anticipated titles: John Ridley IV's Batman w/Luke Fox, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,823

    Default

    My hopes?
    Bendis leaves Jason, Damian, and the Super line alone.
    Return of Tomasi-style Super Sons (including Jon de-aged).
    Jason and Cass team-up.
    Dick is back to being Dick and Nightwing.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    That everyone can enjoy their favorite characters.
    Thank you.

    I hope so too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •