Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Speaking of Bat characters to act more in character and show up, I want them to spread out more in the way that makes sense. The Outsiders and Gotham Knight is a good start, but I want them to spread out to the other Bat titles as well.
    Yeah, for a while now it's basically been they show-up in Batman's book just to get rescued/beat-up (though I haven't kept-up with the latest).

Bring in Julia Pennyworth as well. It's absurd to forget about her after her father dies.
    It is very strange indeed.

Now about Bette Kane. Honestly, I don't know. She wants to be with Kate, but Kate doesn't want her, and I know both Batman comics will be busy featuring Luke, so I want her to go to Barbara. Batgirls unite.
    Has Bette actually met anyone in the Bat-Fam aside from Kate and Bruce? I don't recall her ever meeting Babs, so that could be interesting.

Does anyone else ever sort of want Detective Comics to be an anthology again? Maybe sort of like the old Batman Family (but more modern)? Or the older 'Tec where we'd have Robin stories and Batgirl stories. And we could have stories for Steph and Cass and Commissioner Jim Gordon and those others that don't have their own titles and aren't being heavily featured elsewhere. Could even spread out from that and have non-Bats, as it once did. I'd love to see a good version of Ralph and Sue grace its pages again. It'd just be nice to get to see some characters that don't get featured in other solo or team titles.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Does anyone else ever sort of want Detective Comics to be an anthology again? Maybe sort of like the old Batman Family (but more modern)? Or the older 'Tec where we'd have Robin stories and Batgirl stories. And we could have stories for Steph and Cass and Commissioner Jim Gordon and those others that don't have their own titles and aren't being heavily featured elsewhere. Could even spread out from that and have non-Bats, as it once did. I'd love to see a good version of Ralph and Sue grace its pages again. It'd just be nice to get to see some characters that don't get featured in other solo or team titles.
    I wouldn’t be against Detective Comics being a Bat Family-focused anthology where Batman himself isn’t the focus.

I'm digging the mini and maxi-series approach for dusting off old properties and trying new things. I realize they've not been perfect, but I'm enjoying the heck out of Gotham City Monsters. I might even pick up the Harley / Poison Ivy run by the end here (not a Harley fan but Ivy is groovy). I'm hoping there is more of this - I like the commitment to finishing arcs rather than letting stories fizzle out on open ended runs that can't sustain sales.
    Last edited by Chuffed; 01-22-2020 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I wouldn’t be against Detective Comics being a Bat Family-focused anthology where Batman himself isn’t the focus.
    It was a bit like that during the Rise of the Batmen run, except they were all in the one team, instead of being featured separately.

An anthology that features different Bat-Family members week by week with whatever they are up to would be cool though. They could also feature some family get togethers, if the story makes sense to do so, so we could actually see that they all interact from time to time even when not all on the same team.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

I really would love if Detective Comics would be an anthology title again, but not focused on the Bat-family (for that I would prefer a new Gotham Knights), because I think it would be more interesting if Detective Comics would be focused on actual detective stories, showing how the Gotham City Police Department interacts with the Bat-family to fight the ordinary Gotham criminality, like the mob families or the street gangs. My idea is the title should hold stories like the ones of Law & Order, NCIS, CSI, NYPD and Elite Squad, in accordance with the characters who are the protagonists of the various adventures, leaving to the others "Gotham titles" (Batman, Nightwing…) the duty to deal with the usual Bat-villains (Joker, Poison Ivy, Blockbuster…).

Amazing Member

I don't have many hopes for the near future, since I'm pretty satisfied with the wrapped-up runs of King and Snyder. One small hope would be for Clayface to return as a good guy. Another would be for Damian to get a bigger push, since King didn't really use him that much. His father's getting serious with Catwoman and will probably (if King's twitter is any indication) have another child - he should have some reaction to all that. I haven't been reading Red Hood for a while but I hope Lobdell has a lovey-dovey reunion between Jason and Bruce to cap everything off. Tim "The Drake" Drake seems like he's stuck in Bendis-land for the foreseeable future. I'm really only looking forward to Batman/Catwoman and Three Jokers for moving the overarching plot forward. Also hope that Batman and the Outsiders picks up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge95 View Post
    I don't have many hopes for the near future, since I'm pretty satisfied with the wrapped-up runs of King and Snyder. One small hope would be for Clayface to return as a good guy. Another would be for Damian to get a bigger push, since King didn't really use him that much. His father's getting serious with Catwoman and will probably (if King's twitter is any indication) have another child - he should have some reaction to all that. I haven't been reading Red Hood for a while but I hope Lobdell has a lovey-dovey reunion between Jason and Bruce to cap everything off. Tim "The Drake" Drake seems like he's stuck in Bendis-land for the foreseeable future. I'm really only looking forward to Batman/Catwoman and Three Jokers for moving the overarching plot forward. Also hope that Batman and the Outsiders picks up.
    King confirmed that any significant changes moving forward will come from Tynion's Batman
    Batman and Catwoman is supposed to span from their first meeting to their death, which means it's not going to be canon to the main universe.

As far as I know Three Jokers isn't confirmed to take place in the main universe. Last thing I heard is that it's ambiguous, a bit like The Killing Joke.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    King confirmed that any significant changes moving forward will come from Tynion's Batman
    Batman and Catwoman is supposed to span from their first meeting to their death, which means it's not going to be canon to the main universe.

As far as I know Three Jokers isn't confirmed to take place in the main universe. Last thing I heard is that it's ambiguous, a bit like The Killing Joke.
    Is this confirmed?

Sounds like they could be part of the Black Label books to run along side the 5g replacements.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-01-2020 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Is this confirmed?
    New interview with Wordbaloon, you can find it on Youtube.

Extraordinary Member

For the Bat-family from before Flashpoint to be restored to its former glory.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    For the Bat-family from before Flashpoint to be restored to its former glory.
    In 2020? Maybe in Joker's War since Tynion's writing it and he likes gathering the Batfam, but Damian's discarding the mantle in Teen Titans and after that, it's 5G where they need a reason for Bruce, Jason and Dick to be out of the way for Luke to be Batman

All-New Member

Me too Lol .

That if the Bat-Fam are going to be phased out, the way they appear to be in 5G, We get one hell of an Encore from Tynion and Friends in the Solos, and Snyder and Capullo on Death Metal.
    163C36C0-7BD3-4403-8B9A-3022622239E6.jpg
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe