Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    60s and 70s capes,domino mask and outside trunks
    80s and 90s spandex and leather, excessive pouches
    90s and 2000s Kevlar/ Carbon Polymer like material, Jacket and Hoodies

You mean like your superheroes to like previous era superheroes. Jacket,Hoodies,Trench coats and Neck Gaiters are this generations version of capes and domino masks. The design philosophy of what superheroes look like has actually change over the years. It is fine you like previous era looks, I am just pointing out this what superheroes design look like in this era. Instead of a cape you will get a jacket and hoodie or trench coat.
    I'd also bring up that this team isn't really a traditional superhero group anyway. They're investigators. Sure they'll get into scuffles but they're not the X-men.

Just realised the designs remind me of the Marvelous X-Men's costume. Which further reminds me Jean should use that updated Marvel girl costume.

Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    I'd also bring up that this team isn't really a traditional superhero group anyway. They're investigators. Sure they'll get into scuffles but they're not the X-men.
    That's actually a pretty good point and this is actually pretty good middle ground between traditional superhero gear and boring leather suits .

Extraordinary Member

I am still a fan of Age of X-Man...and AXIS and I adored all of the costumes from that event.

I'm actually sort of mad that Eyeboy isn't keeping his suit and tie because that looked great on him!

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    They can investigate a new wardrobe

I do agree with your point though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That's actually a pretty good point and this is actually pretty good middle ground between traditional superhero gear and boring leather suits .
    its very fashionable, really nice "mutant fashion"

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    A question: why is Rachel taller than Lorna when they're supposed to be the same height?
    But they are essentially the same height when they are in the lineup pose. If you're speaking to the larger group image, do you think that JP is 7ft tall as he's the tallest in that image? That Eyeboy is 6'7"? Of course not. Everyone is at different heights to highlight the character on the cover. Their arrangement is strictly how the artist wanted to convey them. No conspiracy to make Rachel taller than her pal Lorna.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 02-13-2020 at 10:16 AM.

I didn’t think these outfits would be so controversial! I think they all look great. I wish Rachel had an accent color and I think Daken’s look is a little regressive and/or cliche, but these are generally fantastic.

Wave 1 of DoX would’ve gotten even MORE love from me if this much thought and innovation went into each book’s wardrobe. Fallen Angels, X-Force, and Excalibur are all a little too predictable, thoughtless, and at times garish.

Daken is too hot. I'm not a fan of samurai hairdo, but it is really working

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Wave 1 of DoX would’ve gotten even MORE love from me if this much thought and innovation went into each book’s wardrobe.

BANNED

yeah betsy/apocalypse/kate were the only ones to really get any major visual upgrades, everyone either got small updates or a color pallete change or just an old costume, i wanted these massivly difrent and unique costumes for everyone, I hope this positive response allows some massive costume changes

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    yeah betsy/apocalypse/kate were the only ones to really get any major visual upgrades, everyone either got small updates or a color pallete change or just an old costume, i wanted these massivly difrent and unique costumes for everyone, I hope this positive response allows some massive costume changes
    As much grief as we give the Captain Betsy look, I thought the idea of having a supersuit that transforms into heavy plate when they cross into Otherworld was a fun little idea —despite me being used to a Starlight Citadel where Cap Brits wear whatever they want, including green sweatpants... only. It kind of lent itself to the notion of Apocalypse as weird elusive wizard, and his Horsemen transformations being less cybernetic reformatting, and more magical spells. Here comes his new team, with magical armor upgrades. The transformation of Shogo into a dragon could have been a similar Apocalypse "spell" in order to better protect a child in combat, but they decided to make it a whismical fae freak of physics. Her narrative and plot was not tightened up.

But honestly, I wasn't impressed with any of the rest of their looks. Rogue went back 20 years to a classic that might not suit her anymore, and arrived in otherworld with a new face and no new look. Gambit and Jubilee, who went back and forth often, had only minor Otherworld changes, trench coats into tunics. Latecomer Rictor started with spandex that referenced a Capullo design but was given druid gear in underground England, and hasn't since changed. It was a concept without commitment, and it was only one disappointment with the design that went into the book.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 02-13-2020 at 11:15 AM.

BANNED

Ugh I'm so hyped to read this. is Lorna the team leader? is she the only character in this lineup that has been in X-Factor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    As much grief as we give the Captain Betsy look, I thought the idea of having a supersuit that transforms into heavy plate when they cross into Otherworld was a fun little idea —despite me being used to a Starlight Citadel where Cap Brits wear whatever they want, including green sweatpants... only. It kind of lent itself to the notion of Apocalypse as weird elusive wizard, and his Horsemen transformations being less cybernetic reformatting, and more magical spells. Here comes his new team, with magical armor upgrades. The transformation of Shogo into a dragon could have been a similar Apocalypse "spell" in order to better protect a child in combat, but they decided to make it a whismical fae freak of physics. Her narrative and plot was not tightened up.

But honestly, I wasn't impressed with any of the rest of their looks. Rogue went back 20 years to a classic that might not suit her anymore, and arrived in otherworld with a new face and no new look. Gambit and Jubilee, who went back and forth often, had only minor Otherworld changes, trench coats into tunics. Latecomer Rictor started with spandex that referenced a Capullo design but was given druid gear in underground England, and hasn't since changed. It was a concept without commitment, and it was only one disappointment with the design that went into the book.
    I personally love the costume and its like her outback armor and cloak, and apocs wizard thothie look is awesome to me , also rictors, but this isnt really about story but about visual importance.

the x-factor costumes are pretty unique in terms of superheroes and in the characthers costume history, wich is a very positive addition, makes it more fresh and modern

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Ugh I'm so hyped to read this. is Lorna the team leader? is she the only character in this lineup that has been in X-Factor
    from interviews and art it seems shes a leading characther, but the formal teamleader is northstar