And lots of new art in the trailer:

Any panels with Aurora yet?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I'm excited for this series. I enjoy the writer (I liked her series in Age of X-man, her twitter is generally funny/entertaining, and she is very passionate and knowledgeable about X-men). She also has a team full of great characters that I enjoy like Rachel, Northstar, and Polaris. I also like Prodigy though I don't know him or Eye boy as well as I should.

The premise of this book is interesting and I like that they are going to explore the complicated issues around resurrection. I love that they have updated team outfits (how do we get the same for X-force)!? Rachel looks best in red.

Of course who knows when we will get to read it but at least we should have something to look forward to when it is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Any panels with Aurora yet?
    I’m thinking THIS is Aurora and SHE is the team’s first case...
    EDA04EFC-4FD2-4403-BFB3-F62BD1033BA3.jpg

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

That art is a bit too exaggerated and cartoony for my liking but... it's ok.

It is interesting we have three characters who all live "in the shadow of" more prominent characters (Rachel to Jean Grey, Polaris to Magneto, Daken to Wolverine). Not sure if they were picked for that reason or it's a sheer coincidence but especially given the series theme about resurrections and potential "copies" of souls/minds etc... well, things can be done with this concept. We'll find out if Leah Williams has thought about it.

Other than that I thought about whether or not Rachel's (past?) ties to the Phoenix Force may come into play given PF is the cosmic entity all about a life/rebirth cycle. But perhaps Rachel isn't allowed to have ties to PF anymore and I have no idea even the current cosmic status of PF in the wider MU. It seems it's been pretty badly diluted and taken away from the Xlore by now, like I think Wolverine and Thor hybrids used it in the ancient past and other absurdity of that nature

Hmm yeah I'm guessing this series is going to be a bit "noir" which to me means kinda subdued which is good and bad, it worked well in PAD's 2nd run on XFactor but whether it works here we'll find out. Not sure Leah will be given anywhere near that many issues for a good solid slow unraveling mystery to get explored
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I’m thinking THIS is Aurora and SHE is the team’s first case...
    EDA04EFC-4FD2-4403-BFB3-F62BD1033BA3.jpg
    I had a feeling that would be the case. Luckily her redesign made Leah decide to add her to the cast.

I wish we had an image by Larraz or Silva of Aurora, so I could make an avatar from them.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Ultimate Member

Again still think that this and the other books have a hard expiration date that will just be used to set up Hickman's next stage of his stories...yeah the art is a bit cartoony to me as well...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Again still think that this and the other books have a hard expiration date that will just be used to set up Hickman's next stage of his stories...yeah the art is a bit cartoony to me as well...
    Just because a thing is finite doesn't make it any less beautiful or worthy.

<closes book of Krakoa>

I CANNOT HANDLE THE LACK OF THIS CONTENT MARVEL!!!!

<pants>

I'm fine. hahaha

Ultimate Member

By finite I only meant that imho fans shouldn't get their hopes up for a long run, at least one any longer than in the other books or that this will be the new norm for the characters for years to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Just because a thing is finite doesn't make it any less beautiful or worthy.

<closes book of Krakoa>

I CANNOT HANDLE THE LACK OF THIS CONTENT MARVEL!!!!

<pants>

I'm fine. hahaha
    You know it's not so much the lack of content more so the lack of information their giving us nothing, it's rude honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    By finite I only meant that imho fans shouldn't get their hopes up for a long run, at least one any longer than in the other books or that this will be the new norm for the characters for years to come...
    Roger that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    You know it's not so much the lack of content more so the lack of information their giving us nothing, it's rude honestly.
    Its only been a few (two?) weeks so my tolerance/benefit-of-the-doubt meter is still in the teetering between green and yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I'm excited for this series. I enjoy the writer (I liked her series in Age of X-man, her twitter is generally funny/entertaining, and she is very passionate and knowledgeable about X-men). She also has a team full of great characters that I enjoy like Rachel, Northstar, and Polaris. I also like Prodigy though I don't know him or Eye boy as well as I should.

The premise of this book is interesting and I like that they are going to explore the complicated issues around resurrection. I love that they have updated team outfits (how do we get the same for X-force)!? Rachel looks best in red.

Of course who knows when we will get to read it but at least we should have something to look forward to when it is available.
    Yes to all of this AND some focus on The Five? This book is a gift.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The scene with Lorna lifting the cars has got a great cinematic vibe. I can't wait for this

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yes to all of this AND some focus on The Five? This book is a gift.
    The connection to the five is vital and hopefully any connections to the council are played up as well.

From the post ‘08 economic crisis comics it was titles that were poorly tied to what the core titles were doing (or not tied at all to them) were hit hardest by the downturn. Fans with less elective money to go around pick comics they either love or are highly relevant to the status quo. No one knows how much the current downturn will impact the market, but it stands to reason many of the same trends will take place.

Hopefully the book manages to play up its connections to the politics and the central themes of Krakoa before it shifts to wacky hijinks in places like Mojoverse as the less the book feels like its in a separate world from the others the better in a market downturn.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-22-2020 at 08:47 AM.

welp I think mojoverse is the first arc loll..but considering the five are in all these early promo images I feel like they'll have a concurrent story maybe? either way frankly I think this book is gonna be fine early days, the hype'll float it over any troubled economic waters

Fantastic Member

That art looks terrible