Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't think that Alex has anything to do with how Lorna is portrayed in those images, and I'm guessing that in the book that he's in that since Alex is not leading that book that he won't have a great role and be the fall guy when it all hits the fan...
    I was being ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Oh, I thought they were joking and trolling. Are you telling me they were serious?
    I was joking/trolling. The one JasmineW is referring to is the user I was referencing with that comment lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Which character do you think they will allow to resurrect as a different gender? I’m thinking Polaris, adding a whole level to some daddy issues...

Haven’t we seen a green Magneto before named North?

And wasn’t it just stated that Polaris is the true North Star?
    It's not that I'm against the different gender thing, it's that I am worried it wouldn't be handled well. Plus, if something like that did happen, couldn't they just kill them and then bring them back in the right body?

Am I the only one obsessed with Lorna’s new costume? I just love a good long jacket, mini skirt and thigh high boot combo. The midriff section is a bonus.

Lorna and Rachel are best friends and are going to work greatly together.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Am I the only one obsessed with Lorna’s new costume? I just love a good long jacket, mini skirt and thigh high boot combo. The midriff section is a bonus.

Lorna and Rachel are best friends and are going to work greatly together.
    im the same, its so good, i LOVE long sleeves

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Wolverine is short though
    Ahhhh! I just howled!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ever since the Leonard Samson therapy issue, I’ve wanted an artist to put Lorna in a costume that’s a bit more forgiving and modest. If a bitch wants to eat the whole ass candy dish, let her. She shouldn’t be held back by a midriff.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Which character do you think they will allow to resurrect as a different gender? I’m thinking Polaris, adding a whole level to some daddy issues...

Haven’t we seen a green Magneto before named North?

And wasn’t it just stated that Polaris is the true North Star?
    Is this some revelation I missed our just a question you have? Personally I think Leah would have her work cut out for her (in addition to Hickman) to explain why an existing character would come back as a different gender. Unless your talking about Cloud, I don't see it happening. I don't believe that any of the existing mutants (I could be wrong) have insinuated that they are misgendered on panel. To do so I feel would be a huge mistake and really open some awful backlash in terms of trans representation and comments like "so anyone can just change their gender for funsies now on Krakoa?" It's a big risk, one that I don't think they want to wander into after Rosenberg's handling of the transphobic mirrored death of Rahne.

A new one, sure you could have a really compelling story that as the team investigates and Rachel delves into the the deceased psyche and energies that she discovers this mutant was trans and wished to be in the correct body. She conveys this with her niece Hope and they make it happen. It would be a truly touching moment, but there would need to be commentary that this is not the normal in society or how people transition.

North was a chimera that was part Lorna and part Frost.

And yes, LW has said Lorna is the true "north star" of the series, but I don't see how that would make anyone think Lorna is becoming male. See above for the problems that creates.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Ever since the Leonard Samson therapy issue, I’ve wanted an artist to put Lorna in a costume that’s a bit more forgiving and modest. If a bitch wants to eat the whole ass candy dish, let her. She shouldn’t be held back by a midriff.
    do you think she worries with magneto's genes??? lorna KNOWS she will be looking 20 when shes 80, she has no worries mama

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Is this some revelation I missed our just a question you have? Personally I think Leah would have her work cut out for her (in addition to Hickman) to explain why an existing character would come back as a different gender. Unless your talking about Cloud, I don't see it happening. I don't believe that any of the existing mutants (I could be wrong) have insinuated that they are misgendered on panel. To do so I feel would be a huge mistake and really open some awful backlash in terms of trans representation and comments like "so anyone can just change their gender for funsies now on Krakoa?" It's a big risk, one that I don't think they want to wander into after Rosenberg's handling of the transphobic mirrored death of Rahne.

A new one, sure you could have a really compelling story that as the team investigates and Rachel delves into the the deceased psyche and energies that she discovers this mutant was trans and wished to be in the correct body. She conveys this with her niece Hope and they make it happen. It would be a truly touching moment, but there would need to be commentary that this is not the normal in society or how people transition.

North was a chimera that was part Lorna and part Frost.

And yes, LW has said Lorna is the true "north star" of the series, but I don't see how that would make anyone think Lorna is becoming male. See above for the problems that creates.
    If Lorna was to become male, can Rachel get her new outfit with some spikes and a bomber jacket lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    do you think she worries with magneto's genes??? lorna KNOWS she will be looking 20 when shes 80, she has no worries mama
    Ha, that's funny, but so true.

Meanwhile, David Haller has got to wince every time he finds a hair on the pillow, because he knows that towering hair's not long for this world...

I'll give a gimme I guess.

If they were to make Lorna male, I would find it very interesting to see how differently Marvel treats her as a man compared to how they've treated her as a woman. Would they continue to have the same problems? Would changing her to male make how they've treated her to date suddenly feel "wrong" to them, thus leading to their treating Lorna differently?

Because until they treat Lorna better as she already is, you can't go either direction without raising some real questions. Either Lorna continues to be treated poorly, meaning Marvel's issue is with grasping and respecting the character in any sense, or she's treated better, raising questions of if the whole reason she's been treated poorly for so long has to do with having been a female character instead of a male character.

All said and done, though, I don't see Marvel changing Lorna to male. For many reasons I'll not be saying publicly. Doesn't mean it can't happen, just means I don't see it happening.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Oooo is that Lorna and Jean or Lorna and Rachel? Either way, escándalo!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I dunno... Daken seems miscast in this book. Wouldn't he be a better fit in Hellions? Art is good.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I dunno... Daken seems miscast in this book. Wouldn't he be a better fit in Hellions? Art is good.
    Is he a good tracker? I'm assuming he would be and Leah said the team needed a “fucky thot enforcer". She cracks me up.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    It depends. He's more reliable than Mystique.
    "Cable was right!"