Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Pietro's absence from the "throwback" cover in and of itself demonstrates that these covers are (and always have been) actual statements of intent and opinion at Marvel.

If Marvel was simply paying homage to the past, Pietro would be there. But he isn't. Ergo, there is a reason for his absence - and the likely safe bet is that Marvel doesn't want to put forth imagery of Pietro as a part of the X-Men franchise.

By extension, this means the decision to depict Lorna with Havok in it wasn't simply about paying homage to nostalgia. It's about trying to visually present and reinforce Lorna as his girlfriend. Even in the hypothetical view that the cover would have to have both of them, it could have very easily placed Lorna and Havok in separate spots. It didn't need to place them side by side as a couple.

All in all, yet another of many, many signs of how badly Marvel wants to force a relationship they know full well needs to be sidelined to focus on actually doing things with and for Lorna.
    What on earth...?
    Do you really think Marvel gave Stroman a note saying "make sure Havok & Polaris are right next to each on this cover, we have a hidden reason"?
    Or even more ludicrous, do you really think if Stroman was planning an homage cover to himself, he wouldn't put them next to each other?? That whole era was a big deal for them as a couple, why would there be ANY reason for them to be separate.

Your posts come across as complete paranoia, sitting with your tin hat on, making up nonsense conspiracy theories.

First Look at the New 'X-Factor' Costumes

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...actor-costumes
    Be kind, it's FREE

Not sure I like these new designs

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Sorry to contradict you there T-Shot but you are 1056% wrong.
    Goddess-Queen Polaris: The Divine Saint of All Womanhood Here and in all Realities, Now and Forever May She Reign! ...is being crushed and trodden under Marvel's fetid hooves to be subjugated and used for the sole purpose of assuaging Havok's wanton lusts.

Why can't you see that?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-12-2020 at 01:17 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Wowwwww Aurora is gonna be on the team!

why beetle why you know prodigy looks fresh

I'm more concerned by the fact that this looks like things are pretty grim for Aurora. "Dead-eyed doll" us generally not a look that bodes happy fun times.

Daddy Daken? Other than towering over the others, I'm OK with it.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I really like the new looks, but the best are definitely Northstar and Aurora.

I'm happy that Polaris has finally gotten to move on, and received another color outside of green. Really like the yellow logo, and I'm guessing, the energy halo.

BANNED

lorna and rachel look brillliant
    these costumes have all distinct sillouetes that fit each characthers and are unique in their costume history, REALY good, especialy the new insignia

I may have a new favorite Rachel Summers look.

I'm a HUGE fan of the fashion that inspires these looks. I'm not sure how many of these match the hero they're on. Like, Polaris and Aurora should swap, Daken is suddenly sumo, and Prodigy looks sloppy. I wish Northstar's look was baseline, and everyone bent them toward their personality. Rachel's spikes, Prodigy's short sleeves, poncho cloak for Polaris.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Hmmm...
    I wish Rachel and Polaris were switched...but kept the colour-schemes, but with Polaris having fitted pants instead.
    Who is the woman 'grey design' in the middle?

edit: Ahh! it's Aurora!!!!

Now I really wish Baldeon wasn't the artist for this book.

The more I look at these designs..the more I'm loving them...so NOT super-hero spandex-y and I'm very happy with that.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-12-2020 at 01:28 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Who is the woman 'grey design' in the middle?
    Aurora

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Hmmm...
    I wish Rachel and Polaris were switched...but kept the colour-schemes, but with Polaris having fitted pants instead.
    I'm wavering on the pants. I LOVE an artist that feels confident with looser fabrics than spandex and color blocks, but I'm just lost on whether these looks suit their character. Lorna has ALWAYS struck me as a woman forcing herself into revealing looks, but her most striking has been when she steps away from that "competition". For that reason alone, I want to see her in a tailored coat, palazzo pant and poncho. Miniskirts and midriffs are far too young and challenging.

Rachel's new pants are queer coded, and I love that, but her brand has always been tight leather full-body bondage suit. Maybe that's underneath her new jacket.

Prodigy needs another pass entirely. I get they're going for something new with the pack, but the cut of the sleeves and pants feel inappropriate.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 02-12-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I really like the new looks, but the best are definitely Northstar and Aurora.

I'm happy that Polaris has finally gotten to move on, and received another color outside of green. Really like the yellow logo, and I'm guessing, the energy halo.
    Hard agree. I'm really digging Northstar's look too. I like the classic spandex look a lot, but if you're going to change a look, actually change it. Don't just add a belt and call it a day.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I may have a new favorite Rachel Summers look.

I'm a HUGE fan of the fashion that inspires these looks. I'm not sure how many of these match the hero they're on. Like, Polaris and Aurora should swap, Daken is suddenly sumo, and Prodigy looks sloppy. I wish Northstar's look was baseline, and everyone bent them toward their personality. Rachel's spikes, Prodigy's short sleeves, poncho cloak for Polaris.
    Daken has often been drawn to be pretty bulky on top and the pants aren't helping. I suppose he's just really trying to look different?

I love that Aurora is joining the team! And I feel like Leah was born to write her and her complexities.