Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The Marvel Comics office is singing to a different tune with Kevin Feige. We’re not sure just how high up the issue with LGBTQ+ representation went so I’m assuming it went all the way up to the parent company cause I strongly feel that inclusivity relating to different gender and sexual identities across the spectrum wasn’t at the forefront of Perlmutter‘s mind (This Message was Approved by Disneytm). I doubt Feige is as strong of an ally as I was when I was still in the closet but I would hope he’d approve things like that. Also, possible trans storyline:

https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/...449108994?s=21

Thanks for this! Incredibly interesting times.

I also found this pretty cool (though damn, people love to ask the writers EVERYTHING knowing dang well they can't answer a whole lot):

"I can not wait. At all. So excited for this book. Will you touch on suicide? Do the protocols address bringing back someone who doesn’t want to come back? And if someone wants to be “refreshed” but hasn’t died? Could they “die” and be brought back fixed?"

Leah: X-factor is the book that will answer all of these questions (and far, far more), yes.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Marvel's article seems to have more info regarding why she picked this cast:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=80569389
    Thanks for posting this!

I tend to think of a team’s overall dynamic first. I did make a beeline for Northstar because I got deeply, wretchedly attached to both he and Blob during X-TREMISTS. Blob will feature prominently in X-FACTOR as well, but his new role (thanks to Ben Percy and Josh Cassara!) is perfect, and gives Freddy a bigger path threading through all our books...

"Eye-Boy was a given, both in having x-ray vision and fulfilling the requisite team role as “baby.” I knew we’d need a team telepath, and Rachel Grey was my top pick. She’s fascinatingly under-utilized yet over-powered as a character and carries so, so much incredible lore and untapped potential. She’s our team’s James Dean. Then I snapped up Prodigy because there’s so much more to explore with his character in Krakoa, as well—and his powers make him an investigative Swiss Army Knife. Then I was like “ok this team still needs a f*cky thot enforcer” and scared the crap out of Jordan by asking for Maggott, so we went with Daken instead because there’s a lot of interesting story-mining to do with the Snikt family.

I'm suddenly curious about Blob.

"Blob will feature prominently in X-FACTOR as well, but his new role (thanks to Ben Percy and Josh Cassara!) is perfect, and gives Freddy a bigger path threading through all our books..."

Well, well, well!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    "Blob will feature prominently in X-FACTOR as well, but his new role (thanks to Ben Percy and Josh Cassara!) is perfect, and gives Freddy a bigger path threading through all our books..."

Well, well, well!
    I wonder what the hell they'll come up with for Blob hahaha if every villain gets the Black Tom treatment, then I'll be more than happy.

If only Eyeboy wasn't in the lineup, what a shame...

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah I definitely doubt it too. I’m wondering how far up the corporate chain that decisions like this get to.
    Honestly Rachel is what... A C-list character? Maybe B. I don't think someone like Feige would care. I don't imagine she would show up in the MCU, for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Thanks for posting this!

I tend to think of a team’s overall dynamic first. I did make a beeline for Northstar because I got deeply, wretchedly attached to both he and Blob during X-TREMISTS. Blob will feature prominently in X-FACTOR as well, but his new role (thanks to Ben Percy and Josh Cassara!) is perfect, and gives Freddy a bigger path threading through all our books...

"Eye-Boy was a given, both in having x-ray vision and fulfilling the requisite team role as “baby.” I knew we’d need a team telepath, and Rachel Grey was my top pick. She’s fascinatingly under-utilized yet over-powered as a character and carries so, so much incredible lore and untapped potential. She’s our team’s James Dean. Then I snapped up Prodigy because there’s so much more to explore with his character in Krakoa, as well—and his powers make him an investigative Swiss Army Knife. Then I was like “ok this team still needs a f*cky thot enforcer” and scared the crap out of Jordan by asking for Maggott, so we went with Daken instead because there’s a lot of interesting story-mining to do with the Snikt family.

I'm suddenly curious about Blob.
    We must have been reading at the same time! I LOVE when they mix younger mutants with experienced mutants as someone mentioned earlier. It makes for such a cool dynamic. Polaris and Eyeboy interacting alone is interesting enough for me nevermind everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Then I was like “ok this team still needs a f*cky thot enforcer” and scared the crap out of Jordan by asking for Maggott
    We were denied

What I'm about to say isn't meant to sound as harsh as it is because I love EVERY x-men character to varying degree for assorted reasons, but: I'm SO excited to fall in love with these characters. I'm excited to get some MEAT on the complexity that is Rachel, on the complexity that is Prodigy, on the complexity that is Polaris, etc etc. I'm very excited about this premise. I'm SO hopeful for Jean Paul. I'm very, okay I'll say it, aroused, to get Daken included and I'm really optimistic for Eyeboy too. And THE FIVE! I've got high hopes y'all.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Hmm interesting Polaris with Daken again (after XMen BLUE). Magnetic fastball specials?

Rachel on squad wow. Alright then

Northstar... :shrug:

Eyeboy ehhhhh I admit Christina Strain in Generation X developed him so we'll see if Leah read that. Hope she did.

Prodigy on a book that's good too.

As for the theme of this book well... hmm. Could be ok although idk how much I consider Northstar or Rachel "detectives" but we'll see. ( I guess Rachel is mostly here just b/c she needs a place and her telepathy is obviously useful for this theme )

PLEASE KEEP LORNA AS A HARDASS and continue to develop her as wanting to basically fulfill her dad's legacy (with tweaks). And explore her PTSD post Genosha particularly in the light of the new Krakoa stuff.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Uuuuh. Eyeboy. Just make him a inhuman and dispose of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    Rachel and Daken should hook up.
    Welcome to Twenty-Twincest.

I cant wait for this to either be a major success and eclipse PAD from readers collective memory or be a disaster and end the XFactor brand for good. Its a winwin anyway.

BANNED

Is chaotic bi-energy listed as one of Daken’s powers on the wikis?

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Welcome to Twenty-Twincest.

I cant wait for this to either be a major success and eclipse PAD from readers collective memory or be a disaster and end the XFactor brand for good. Its a winwin anyway.
    Rachel and Daken aren't related

I would love to see some more of Aurora (since she's no longer tied to Captain Marvel). I don't see why Northstar and Aurora don't appear together more often. The last time I remember them together was when they were villains (after his death/resurrection and her most reason breakdown).

I'm not the biggest fan of the cast (I only really care for Polaris and Northstar) but I really like the concept of the series. I also liked that lead mentioned the option for mutants to regain their powers by "choosing resurrection". I don't want a death on her tally, but for the love of God, can we have Wind Dancer back?