Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    Not liking Rachel's hair. I hope it has a ponytail or rattail at the back.
    A rattail? Seriously? WTF?

Rachel and Lorna look fantastic!! Love that they are finally getting a more casual costume update.

Although why are they in a team pose and Aurora is just randomly doing ballet in the background??? Wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    A question: why is Rachel taller than Lorna when they're supposed to be the same height?
    Rachel is probably levitating or something.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Rachel and Lorna look fantastic!! Love that they are finally getting a more casual costume update.

Although why are they in a team pose and Aurora is just randomly doing ballet in the background??? Wtf.

Rachel is probably levitating or something.
    I'm assuming their first case will deal with Aurora having a Black Swan moment.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Love love love the X-Factor costumes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    First Look at the New 'X-Factor' Costumes

My thoughts on the new uniforms

Prestige: Muahaha the nickname isn't going away. It is solid design nothing amazing. It is not worse design she has in recent years.

Daken: This is one better designs because it is simple and highlights the best thing about the original design of the character in the first place. I like that he looks a little bit bigger and physical intimidating. Daken is perfect character to be male sexuallly objectifying character for the readers and in character it would make sense that he wouldn't shirts given his powers pheromones and he likes to weaponize his sexuality. And nobody with a big ridiculous tattoo like that is going to cover it up

Northstar: Once again simple and perfect. I remember someone started a topic that ask why Northstar has never caught on awhile. Well the number reason for me was he didn't look cool. For character to catch on you need the main demo to like the character. This is a design to where my inner 12 to 18 year old is going this looks cool.

Lorna: The design is okay. They should have either going full coat and full pants or a lot of skin not this weird in between thing.The design is a little too busy to stick long term but it is interesting difference from the past designs

Prodigy: He looks black nerdy hipster which is perfect I guess. The artist drawing him just needs gives him a fresh lineup and fade. They need to play around with his glasses design a little.

Eyeboy: You are watching the process of joke character become a real character. Designwise when he was just supposed to be a freaky character all those eyes on him where cool. Now that that they are using him for real all those extra eyes on his hand and on his neck are slowly disappearing. This costume isn't real costume but more of regular wear style clothes.The issue is with character itself not design of the costume once they have set design for him it will be cool.

All around pretty good designs. Lorna needs some work but it is pretty close to something cool, Eyeboy is average but as person with a gazillion eyes on his body he wouldn't want them cover like that but he doesn't have a popular set design yet that is untouchable. When that happens designing a costume for him will make more sense. Everyone else costumes are pretty good with Northstar looking like a lead in popular anime and I mean that in the positive sense(see Souleater death the kid).

Extraordinary Member

You know, had you told anyone a couple of years ago that Eyeboy would become a lead X-Men character, no one would have believed you. Sure, he's had some good parts in books, but the idea that he might transition into a more steady character just didn't seem plausible.

And yet here he is.

Sure, his power is insanely useful and actually pretty rare, but still, he's Eyeboy! But good for you, Trevor, good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I am so stoked by this! Everyone looks so good and Northstar is looking boss. Yay Aurora!

Lorna looks modern and sexy as she should and Rachel is total dom.

In Jumbo I trust.
    Jumbo don’t miss!!!!!!

BANNED

Looks good. favorite characters + good Artists and writer so it is a sure buy. If they manage to move Rachel away from her usual stick during the last years for example I will be happy^^

Fantastic Member

Exactly, being back the long ponytail with the braids, face tattoos and spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    A question: why is Rachel taller than Lorna when they're supposed to be the same height?
    It's a conspiracy. Marvel deliberately told the artist to make Rachel seem taller to insinuate that she is more powerful then Polaris and therefore a better character.

I don't love all the looks, but I gotta say these new designs have definitely made me more excited about this series.
    It shows a greater care and attention to the book's characters than just having them use looks designed 60 years ago.

I really like the new costume designs. Got a bit of a cult/hippy vibe to them I can get behind.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Looks like I am in the minority as I dislike these re-designs. I am grumpy & stubborn and like my superheros to looks like superheroes...not test subjects from Project Runway.

However, I still like the concept behind this title and would love to read more Lorna, Daken, & Jean Paul. So I am still in!

x-factor-costumes.jpg

My take:

Prestige: It's a pretty good look, but I think a tight, body-suit with impossibly high heels -- along with the jacket -- would have been more fitting.

Daken: I actually love the shirtless look at shows off his unique tattoos. I would have preferred his pants be more hakama inspired without the knee-high boots.

Northstar: near perfect

Aurora: decent, but don't love the boots.

Polaris: I agree with the person that said that Lorna and Aurora should switched looks. But it's cute.

Prodigy: Don't mind it. Kinda hate the bell sleeves and the overall look would work better if the pants were black. Love the belt bag. Totally on trend.

Eye-boy: Giving me 90's bubble jacket realness straight out of Vibe magazine. All he needs are a pair of Timberlands. But I don't care about him or his look, frankly.

I agree that Monet would have been perfect for this team and with so many psychic mutants running around, every team should have one, especially if they're doing murder investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Looks like I am in the minority as I dislike these re-designs. I am grumpy & stubborn and like my superheros to looks like superheroes...not test subjects from Project Runway.

However, I still like the concept behind this title and would love to read more Lorna, Daken, & Jean Paul. So I am still in!
    60s and 70s capes,domino mask and outside trunks
    80s and 90s spandex and leather, excessive pouches
    90s and 2000s Kevlar/ Carbon Polymer like material, Jacket and Hoodies

You mean like your superheroes to like previous era superheroes. Jacket,Hoodies,Trench coats and Neck Gaiters are this generations version of capes and domino masks. The design philosophy of what superheroes look like has actually change over the years. It is fine you like previous era looks, I am just pointing out this what superheroes design look like in this era. Instead of a cape you will get a jacket and hoodie or trench coat.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-13-2020 at 06:51 AM.