Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Praise Jumbo Carnation! I love these costumes so much. They set a tone for the book that has me even more eager to read it. Prodigy's entire look is giving me 2nd year fashion student on his way to walk face at the nightly Krakoan ball.

Hmm Aurora too? Kinda like Northstar away from her. Aurora AND Polaris on the same team too.

Designs are ok, but not big on the artist. Prodigy is embracing his queer side.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    Prodigy's entire look is giving me 2nd year fashion student
    ^ this

No offense to his potential, but i just don't see David taking fashion risks like this when everyone else looks so much more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    What on earth...?
    Do you really think Marvel gave Stroman a note saying "make sure Havok & Polaris are right next to each on this cover, we have a hidden reason"?
    Or even more ludicrous, do you really think if Stroman was planning an homage cover to himself, he wouldn't put them next to each other?? That whole era was a big deal for them as a couple, why would there be ANY reason for them to be separate.

Your posts come across as complete paranoia, sitting with your tin hat on, making up nonsense conspiracy theories.
    I think Marvel (or rather, certain people at Marvel) selected an image that comes pre-loaded with what they want to push out there, and asked Stroman to draw it, knowing they wouldn’t need to tell him what to do with Lorna cause it’s already there.

Marvel has a recent pattern of embedding their Havok x Lorna stuff in “we’re doing homages or just showing the past as it was,” which MIGHT have been a valid excuse if they didn’t simultaneously pretend far more important things like Genosha never happened to Lorna. The company “just happens” to do all these things that reinforce the pairing, and “just happens” to not do the same for her time on Genosha? Please.

But for argument’s sake, let’s say I was being paranoid. Here’s one thing missed in that claim: why? If I was paranoid, then what has happened with Marvel to make me so? It wouldn’t come from nowhere.
    Last edited by salarta; 02-12-2020 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Fixing formatting issues
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

polaris new power signature looks absolutly lovely, love the various shades of green into black, i adore the costume

For a team book style outfit its one of the better ones Lorna has had. Her iteration and its distinctiveness with the gold bottom is a good touch harkening back to her original outfit and House of M. I feel like it fits the character more then the X-Men Blue outfit and much more then her previous X-Factor outfits though I have never been a fan of team outfits in general. Not having a second color really damaged her space outfit compared to her classic or Genosha outfits.

I'm happy that Aurora is also on the team! I like Northstar, Polaris and Rachel's costumes the most, and ... I do appreciate the Japanese style on Daken and that the artist keeps the tradition to have him half naked, but I'm not sure about the beard and that he's drawn too bulky. it's like they wanted to make him look like Logan. He isn't supposed to look like him at all... :/ I'm curious if there's a reason for his change though
    Be kind, it's FREE

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    polaris new power signature looks absolutly lovely, love the various shades of green into black, i adore the costume
    Same. Typically I'd want to see the tiara/headpiece, but I think the energy signature around her head is a nice homage to that.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Rachel is LIT! (no hound marks...yay!!!)
    Daken is HAWTT!
    Northstar is FIYAH!
    Aurora is COOLZ!
    Polaris is PLUSH!
    Prodigy is SERVIN'!
    Eye Boy is FLASH!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    ^ this

No offense to his potential, but i just don't see David taking fashion risks like this when everyone else looks so much more comfortable.
    Let him feel his oats!

I'm willing to give beardy Daken a shot. And if these sketches are in scale, David had quite the growth spurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm willing to give beardy Daken a shot. And if these sketches are in scale, David had quite the growth spurt.
    He's just wearing 4 inch chelsea boots to complete the look.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    Let him feel his oats!

No.

I like the beard, it's the pants that I don't think really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    David should actually be the tallest one, he’s 6’1”.