Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Omg those are some cool redesigns! Northstar, Aurora and Polaris are serving.

Rachel has gone full butch. Well I guess that's fine... I preferred her previous look though(not the Prestige ones, the one from the cover).

Daken's outfit is interesting... Like a ninja/samurai vibe?

Lorna and Rachel are slaying.

Prodigy and Eye-Boy meh

Daken is too classy to wear that. Plus since when has he been zaddy-fied?

Northstar and Aurora (uh I was not expecting her to be a main cast member) look nice.

I feel like Monet should be in this. She knows Polaris and Rachel and she's another X-Factor connection.

Extraordinary Member

Actually, Daken's weight gain makes sense if we consider that this might be the first time in, like, fifty years he hasn't been drinking his breakfasts and taking advantage of his healing factor to do tons of drugs between jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I feel like Monet should be in this. She knows Polaris and Rachel and she's another X-Factor connection.
    I think Leah said Monet is spoken for.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I think Leah said Monet is spoken for.
    Oh really? Then ok, I wouldn't have liked her being sidelined during all of DoX. But imagine the banter with her, Rachel, Lorna and Jean-Paul together.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Actually, Daken's weight gain makes sense if we consider that this might be the first time in, like, fifty years he hasn't been drinking his breakfasts and taking advantage of his healing factor to do tons of drugs between jobs.
    Oh well yeah. He decided to go the bara way then. I'm still not a fan of those trousers.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Imma echo what other people already said, why is Eyeboy looking like a homeless bum lol

Prodigy is... something else

And they make Daken = Wolverine here suddenly he's super buff and hairy like what...

All that said, Northstar looks just very much like himself, likewise with Aurora

Rachel good although she said she wanted her spikes for a reason in XMen didn't she so :shrug:

As for Lorna hmm. I love she is centered of the team in the image at the bottom and I kinda like the "halo effect" of her electromagnetism around her head going. The costume to me is a little too casual though, a jacket ? With sleeves that fall over her hands? Showing off her upper thighs? Idk... I mean this is a HUGE improvement over the neoclassical all-green "princess" garb for sure but yeah. I think it COULD be improved I still prefer what she wore in BLUE but I can get behind this given time/exposure to it.

Also - who is the big red woman in the background?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Ultimate Member

Not that I *want* to see more of Eye Boy's skin, but if my mutant power was 'eyes all over my body' and I actually planned on using that power and not seeing the inside of my stank clothes all day, I'd wear a little less. Or at least, mesh shirts and translucent jackets, or whatever.

I wonder if David's baggy clothes are to hold / conceal all sorts of useful stuff, like restraints, tear gas capsules, a bulletproof vest, a taser, a cellphone, etc. Sort of the 'we're not in the 90's anymore' answer to having a hundred tiny pouches for no ***damned reason.

Probably my favorite comment from him was when he showed up as the team was headed out for a mission in baggy body armor, and when one of his bulletproof allies asked why, he said, "Ever heard of Doug Ramsey? No? That's why."

Huh, for the first time, Daken almost looks like someone related to short-and-stout Wolveroonie. I think I liked him taller and leaner than 'dad' better.

Northstar and Aurora! are my favorites here, although Rachel's look is nice, too.

Extraordinary Member

Daken has been drawn to look ridiculously like Logan in the past, especially in that Wolverines series when he didn't shave for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Imma echo what other people already said, why is Eyeboy looking like a homeless bum lol
    What homeless bum have you seen wearing a durag and bubble jacket?

BANNED

Eyeboy looks like David Foster Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Daken has been drawn to look ridiculously like Logan in the past, especially in that Wolverines series when he didn't shave for a few weeks.
    and that was the biggest crime they did to him regarding his looks. It's one of the biggest character traits for him that even though he's half Japanese, he looks more like his mother and nothing like Logan; and he's also taller and slimmer than him.
    I hope they didn't just want to draw him like Logan, maybe they want to make him look more mature and get rid of the rebellious teenage self he often had. hopefully...
    Be kind, it's FREE

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    and that was the biggest crime they did to him regarding his looks. It's one of the biggest character traits for him that even though he's half Japanese, he looks more like his mother and nothing like Logan; and he's also taller and slimmer than him.
    I hope they didn't just want to draw him like Logan, maybe they want to make him look more mature and get rid of the rebellious teenage self he often had. hopefully...
    He's pretty tall in that line up, but his official height is only 5'9. He only looks tall because Logan and his sisters are tiny.

Cool that Aurora is joining the team. Has it been confirmed that she is one of the missing/dead mutants that they are investigating in the first arc? That cover seems to indicate that she's rather dead and the black and white preview art seems to show a woman drowning before cutting to Jean Paul so I just assumed that was her dying and him sensing it some how.

Who is the ballet dancer in the cover?

Also, everybody looks great and this in exactly what I imagine when they talked about mutant fashion