Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Is he a good tracker? I'm assuming he would be and Leah said the team needed a “fucky thot enforcer". She cracks me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It depends. He's more reliable than Mystique.
    I forgot Mystique was on X-Factor with Tooth and Wild Child in the mid/late 90s. I actually remember little about that run. Wasn't too bad but it wasn't as good as previous runs.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I think Hellions doesn't really need him, does it? He'd just be one more broken mutant and, honestly, despite his relatively young age as a character, he has a lot more of a personality than many of the older characters on Hellions. He'd quickly overtake the book.

In X-Factor, Daken is with other characters who better fit his popularity level and who have some great personalities. Even Eyeboy could play off him well just on his own.

As for his powers, he is an excellent tracker, his pheromones come in real handy for interrogations, and he is a trained assassin. If X-Factor needs to do something unsavory-which I suspect they will-he can get it done and the others don't have to worry about it.
    Yes... I just forgot the theme of X-Factor has changed.

BANNED

also I cant wait to look at what the boneyard looks like, the visual worldbuilding spread around dawn of X is absolutly brilliant so far

I think Hellions doesn't really need him, does it? He'd just be one more broken mutant and, honestly, despite his relatively young age as a character, he has a lot more of a personality than many of the older characters on Hellions. He'd quickly overtake the book.

In X-Factor, Daken is with other characters who better fit his popularity level and who have some great personalities. Even Eyeboy could play off him well just on his own.

As for his powers, he is an excellent tracker, his pheromones come in real handy for interrogations, and he is a trained assassin. If X-Factor needs to do something unsavory-which I suspect they will-he can get it done and the others don't have to worry about it.
    Daken has been on x-teams before.

As for the assassin question could you honestly see NorthStar ordering a hit? He certainly might think about it in regards to someone who murdered mutants, but actually doing it is a different matter. I don't think X-Factor as in the team is going to have that policy.

That doesn't necessarily mean it might not happen though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Daken has been on x-teams before.

As for the assassin question could you honestly see NorthStar ordering a hit? He certainly might think about it in regards to someone who murdered mutants, but actually doing it is a different matter. I don't think X-Factor as in the team is going to have that policy.

That doesn't necessarily mean it might not happen though.
    That was a fun run.

I question if Northstar is actually in charge of this team and if they don't ultimately answer to someone else on the Quiet Council. Again, this is about the good of Krakoa and they can't afford to have copies running around.

That was a fun run.

I question if Northstar is actually in charge of this team and if they don't ultimately answer to someone else on the Quiet Council. Again, this is about the good of Krakoa and they can't afford to have copies running around.
    Nominally in charge doesn't mean there might not be side agendas and part of the team functioning as an at times autonomous unit. They can't have copies running around, but they also picked a cast where a number of the members also wouldn't exactly be tolerant of mutant mass murderers running around.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-17-2020 at 12:51 PM.

I don't think Northstar would be squeamish about offing someone he knew for sure was murdering mutants. He's tried to beat assassins to death with his bare hands (and only failed because the dude was in power armor and his teammates dragged him clear), tortured collaborators for information, and generally doesn't have any compunction about fucking up people who go after him and his. The complication here is that whole "Kill no man" law. Williams has already explicitly said that revenge isn't part of this team's remit - retaliation may be desired, but it's not allowed. If Daken's willing to do on the sly what the council won't allow the team to do openly, I can 100% see Northstar going along with it.

Extraordinary Member

Nominally in charge doesn't mean there might not be side agendas and part of the team functioning as an at times autonomous unit. They can't have copies running around, but they also picked a cast where a number of the members also wouldn't exactly be tolerant of mutant mass murderers running around.
    Rachel and even Prodigy have been shown to be pretty ruthless at times. The only one without any body count is Trevor. Now, I truly don't think this team is going to be any X-Force because we already have one of those, plus Hellions. However, the mere fact that Daken is on this team at all suggests they're going to need someone to do the less...savory stuff

Rachel and even Prodigy have been shown to be pretty ruthless at times. The only one without any body count is Trevor. Now, I truly don't think this team is going to be any X-Force because we already have one of those, plus Hellions. However, the mere fact that Daken is on this team at all suggests they're going to need someone to do the less...savory stuff
    I am not disagreeing with you. Daken’s last x-team was not X-Force either and yet he still was used as an assassin. There is narrative space to be had for all sorts of plots and that is one of the more obvious potential ones.

What I am saying is I think it comes down to who the ‘they’re’ is. Are we talking about the council directly reporting to a member or members of the team or the team acting as a collective? My point was I think if the storyline occurs it will be option one or two.

Extraordinary Member

I am not disagreeing with you. Daken’s last x-team was not X-Force either and yet he still was used as an assassin. There is narrative space to be had for all sorts of plots and that is one of the more obvious potential ones.

What I am saying is I think it comes down to who the ‘they’re’ is. Are we talking about the council directly reporting to a member or members of the team or the team acting as a collective? My point was I think if the storyline occurs it will be option one or two.
    The hard part about this team is that all of these members have shown to operate on their own. Yes, we have some strong team histories here, but it's so easy to see how all of these characters could have their own agendas and who on the Quiet Council they could be loyal to.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I don't think Northstar would be squeamish about offing someone he knew for sure was murdering mutants. He's tried to beat assassins to death with his bare hands (and only failed because the dude was in power armor and his teammates dragged him clear), tortured collaborators for information, and generally doesn't have any compunction about fucking up people who go after him and his. The complication here is that whole "Kill no man" law. Williams has already explicitly said that revenge isn't part of this team's remit - retaliation may be desired, but it's not allowed. If Daken's willing to do on the sly what the council won't allow the team to do openly, I can 100% see Northstar going along with it.
    Agreed, both Northstar and Aurora have really hard edges to them, compared to more idealistic 'boy scout' characters. (With most superheroes falling into the 'boy scout' or 'gung-ho killer' extremes of Cyclops / Captain America or Wolverine / Deadpool / the Punisher.) I remember Aurora complaining once that repeat criminals wouldn't be a problem if Canada had 'a nice civilized death penalty'... Yikes!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Agreed, both Northstar and Aurora have really hard edges to them, compared to more idealistic 'boy scout' characters. (With most superheroes falling into the 'boy scout' or 'gung-ho killer' extremes of Cyclops / Captain America or Wolverine / Deadpool / the Punisher.) I remember Aurora complaining once that repeat criminals wouldn't be a problem if Canada had 'a nice civilized death penalty'... Yikes!
    How crime riddled is Canada in the MU? Between this and Weapon X, it's sounds like the most hellish place on Earth

BANNED

That trend of if a character use lethal methods they should de facto be in a killer team that was started with Kyost XForce is tired tbh, Daken seems like a great fit in this cast as he offers contrast with the rest of them.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

How crime riddled is Canada in the MU? Between this and Weapon X, it's sounds like the most hellish place on Earth
    I still remember (with horror) the Mutant X Canada which was the most violent place on Earth. Weird times indeed