Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Not loving this lineup. Definitely not interested in exploring anything with Northstar and his dude. Never found Northstar and Aurora interesting in the 1st place. Daken is not someone I'd want to have here either. Maybe substitute Warpath in his place. I like Prodigy alright. I think Hellion and Pixie would have been good fits here. Or even Oya since she was one of Hope's lights. Monet is a good fit here and so is Dazzler since she seems to resurrect anyway. Cannonball could actually do something here as well since he seems to come back similar to Dazzler. I alos think Nightcrawler's deep dive into religion and Colossus' ideals would be a good fit for this book. This would also be a good place for Dr. Nemesis or Cece Reyes. Madrox fits too.

Like the idea but Leah Williams disappointed me with X-tremists.
    Vita Ayala would be a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I would love to see some more of Aurora (since she's no longer tied to Captain Marvel). I don't see why Northstar and Aurora don't appear together more often. The last time I remember them together was when they were villains (after his death/resurrection and her most reason breakdown).
    Aurora was at Northstar's wedding, but yeah, it's been a long time since they were both on the page together.

Can someone ask Leah on twitter if she's gonna touch on how the Lights (Transonic, Velocidad, Idie and Teon) deal with Hope and the Five?

I miss Brittonic so much.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Not loving this lineup. Definitely not interested in exploring anything with Northstar and his dude. Never found Northstar and Aurora interesting in the 1st place. Daken is not someone I'd want to have here either. Maybe substitute Warpath in his place. I like Prodigy alright. I think Hellion and Pixie would have been good fits here. Or even Oya since she was one of Hope's lights. Monet is a good fit here and so is Dazzler since she seems to resurrect anyway. Cannonball could actually do something here as well since he seems to come back similar to Dazzler. I alos think Nightcrawler's deep dive into religion and Colossus' ideals would be a good fit for this book. This would also be a good place for Dr. Nemesis or Cece Reyes. Madrox fits too.
    I’m not sure I follow your reasoning for any of that.

Astonishing Member

I'm really surprised at the hate Eye boy is getting. He's largely inoffensive and his powerset is actually pretty cool and fits with this team working as investigators not to mention his AoXm version was a complete badass. Can't wait to see how his character is developed further.

Fantastic Member

Daken has always been kinda meh but if we wanted to do someone slightly villainous then maybe Spiral who would seem to be soneone interested in this or even Miss Sinister.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm really surprised at the hate Eye boy is getting. He's largely inoffensive and his powerset is actually pretty cool and fits with this team working as investigators not to mention his AoXm version was a complete badass. Can't wait to see how his character is developed further.
    You shouldn't be surprised. Posters here could be be given their own book, creative control, unlimited capital, their fave characters, their own talent team and they would still complain about the book!

Anyway, very excited about this book. And then Leah confirmed Monet is take by Vita Ayala who will most likely also be writing Laura and Synch? I really hope that last part is true!

Love Northstar and Polaris. Ok with the rest and actually looking forward to EyeBoy. This era is doing wonders for characters with hidden potential to come forward.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 01-13-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Daken has always been kinda meh but if we wanted to do someone slightly villainous then maybe Spiral who would seem to be soneone interested in this or even Miss Sinister.
    Neither of them are mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Aurora was at Northstar's wedding, but yeah, it's been a long time since they were both on the page together.
    Weren't they together in the Alpha Flight special a few months ago?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I think so, but that was a story set in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    For a couple of panels in a flashback story. But you're right, by publication chronology, that is more recent.

ETA: LOL! Jinx, RamaBird! XD

BANNED

Eye-Boy fans, we in the building!

Astonishing Member

I'm kind of loving the potential for this. Rachel really hasn't had much to do during this dawn of x era and I like how Leah recognizes that Rachel is a powerhouse so hopefully we get some nice power feats from her. Hickman has made me interested in Polaris so I love that it sounds like she'll be getting a big focus on this team. I'm eh about Daken and I don't know enough about Northstar to get excited but I am happy we're having an openly gay character as team leader.

Oops and Prodigy...cool. Lol I've only ever known him as that super smart guy that got depowered during M Day so hearing that is getting repowered is actually a important the plot point has me interested.
    Last edited by loke13; 01-13-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Ultimate Member

Wow. I'm intrigued by damn near everything I've heard about this book, *and* about Madrox and Monet being 'already spoken for' for some other book!

Really, the only one that doesn't float my boat is Eyeboy, and I don't *dislike* him like Glob or Quentin, so it's no big deal.