Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I’m not sure I follow your reasoning for any of that.
    I actually did see some of that logic. The book is supposed to be about the resurrection protocols and making sure they don't make a duplicate of someone who is still living. That brings up ideas about the afterlife and a more poetic/spiritual take. A lot of those characters have resurrection stories of their own, too.

That said, I think exploring Kyle and Jean-Paul's relationship is interesting in the Krakoan context. I don't care about Hope or her generations, so I'd skip them(Prodigy is the best of them and his powerset is good for this). I don't really like Polaris or Rachel, so I would skip them too, but in terms of the premise, Rachel's hound background suits this, and Polaris is largely associated with X-Factor, so that tracks.

I do want something for Monet and James(Warpath), but maybe they'll end up with Storm under Vita. It also makes sense to have doctors hanging about to make sure all the bodies are turning out correctly, so the Cece and Nemesis(even if I never liked him) seems legit. Eyeboy is my only real objection to this official cast, though his powers could be interpreted well in an investigative narrative.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    For a couple of panels in a flashback story. But you're right, by publication chronology, that is more recent.

ETA: LOL! Jinx, RamaBird! XD
    Ah, I didn't remember it was a flashback.

Fantastic Member

Outside Polaris this line up is pretty meh. Never cared much for Daken especially on an X-team.

Probably giving this a pass. Hopefully what Madrox and M are doing elsewhere is good but this book just looks ....whatever.

Seems rather thrown together...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I do want something for Monet and James(Warpath), but maybe they'll end up with Storm under Vita. It also makes sense to have doctors hanging about to make sure all the bodies are turning out correctly, so the Cece and Nemesis(even if I never liked him) seems legit. Eyeboy is my only real objection to this official cast, though his powers could be interpreted well in an investigative narrative.
    Someone said earlier that Leah Williams was asked about Monet and said that she was "taken" by another writer. Someone else said it was Vita but now I'm not sure if that's speculation...

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Someone said earlier that Leah Williams was asked about Monet and said that she was "taken" by another writer. Someone else said it was Vita but now I'm not sure if that's speculation...
    If Storm and Monet are together, I would love it! I feel like their interactions before have never evolved beyond Monet being bitchy for no reason. I think under a thoughtful pen some really cool stories could come from them.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

From Philly but currently living iin San Francisco.

Where are all the mutants with death related powers? This would've been a great opportunity to include some in a book about resurrections. It's not like there's a mutant running around who can speak to the dead

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Neither of them are mutants.
    Neither was Moira or Sinister but that didnt matter. They've done more dealing with mutants than most and for that matter when you really think about it Prodigy was depowerd so wasnt technically a mutant
    Last edited by GodfatherIV; 01-13-2020 at 06:17 PM.

Fantastic Member

I actually did see some of that logic. The book is supposed to be about the resurrection protocols and making sure they don't make a duplicate of someone who is still living. That brings up ideas about the afterlife and a more poetic/spiritual take. A lot of those characters have resurrection stories of their own, too.

That said, I think exploring Kyle and Jean-Paul's relationship is interesting in the Krakoan context. I don't care about Hope or her generations, so I'd skip them(Prodigy is the best of them and his powerset is good for this). I don't really like Polaris or Rachel, so I would skip them too, but in terms of the premise, Rachel's hound background suits this, and Polaris is largely associated with X-Factor, so that tracks.

Exactly those are mostly my points. Although I just cant get with any exploration of Jean-Paul and Kyle. Just doesnt interest me at all. The only mutant and human type relationship o want to see explored in the Krakoan context would be more with Magneto and Briar Raleigh or put Storm and Black Panther back together. I even would say that the thing that bears more exploration when it comes to the mutant protocols and everything is Kitty. Maybe Marauders gets to it and maybe not but that feels like something that should be covered in this type of book especially if the angle of that story is to play toward that old rumored story of Kitty being kidnapped as a baby and replaced

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Exactly those are mostly my points. Although I just cant get with any exploration of Jean-Paul and Kyle. Just doesnt interest me at all. The only mutant and human type relationship o want to see explored in the Krakoan context would be more with Magneto and Briar Raleigh or put Storm and Black Panther back together. I even would say that the thing that bears more exploration when it comes to the mutant protocols and everything is Kitty. Maybe Marauders gets to it and maybe not but that feels like something that should be covered in this type of book especially if the angle of that story is to play toward that old rumored story of Kitty being kidnapped as a baby and replaced
    I think it needs to be explored, it has been said in twitter that the non-mutants can be krakoans and only can stay on krakoa if a mutant let them in. I think it was necesary a series that explore the status of the mutants on Krakoa. Have the humans any right ? If the mutant they are related ( Jubilee in the case of Shogo, Northstar in the case of Kyle) decides that they dont want to see them they would be expulsed of Krakoa?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I was kinda hoping for the five to get their own book, not sharing it with a whole other team. Feel like the 5 aren't going to get much solo development.

Mighty Member

If Storm and Monet are together, I would love it! I feel like their interactions before have never evolved beyond Monet being bitchy for no reason. I think under a thoughtful pen some really cool stories could come from them.
    I kinda get it in a way. Storm is perfect naturally, Monet is perfect with powers. With that said, I still think Monet really respects her underneath. Monet is just too cool for school. But can you imagine, Storm, Monet, Synch all together? Too many assumptions though. :/

Where are all the mutants with death related powers? This would've been a great opportunity to include some in a book about resurrections. It's not like there's a mutant running around who can speak to the dead
    I'd love Selene to be a LONG TERM villain in this book!!!

Also, what about Sapna? She didn't die but got sucked into another dimension? What about alt dimension mutants? This series can be really good and important if done right. So many diff fascinating scenarios!

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Daken? Not complaining, just confused. Prodigy, Eye-Boy, Rachel, Polaris, and Northstar make sense. Daken is going to be the X-Factor in this thing. Couldn't resist! I'm not thrilled with the creative team but I like the premise of the book. The cast is good, especially knowing that we will get plenty of other characters on the side. Interesting and unpredictable! I can't wait to see what is done with this.

I love it! Are Eyeboy and Polaris the only straight members

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I was kinda hoping for the five to get their own book, not sharing it with a whole other team. Feel like the 5 aren't going to get much solo development.
    The five isn't interesting enough to hold a solo book, maybe a mini would be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I love it! Are Eyeboy and Polaris the only straight members
    depends if they are going to out Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by saahir View Post
    Missed opportunity to spotlight Wicked.