Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546

Oh that's better I guess. I hope the book does well.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    How many issues will this book get before the event?
    I'm excited about X of Swords, but I also wanted the book to have at least 5 issues to establish itself before being involved in a big crossover.
    3 issues. The 4th issue is a giant-sized XoS tie-in, and the 5th issue will conclude the first arc in November after XoS, so there's gonna be a break in the first arc by the event. but Leah said she contributed to the decision of the pacing and what would be the best for the book with the crossover, so it was intentional and hopefully it's not going to ruin the first story.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Leah Williams in Women of Marvel Comics:

I just wrote a haunted house issue of X-Factor and it’s in arc 2 which is where we’re really diving into the mystery of how Prodigy died and why he’s repowered now because it’s been kept a secret up till now. So there’s a haunted house issue of X-Factor now that I’m obsessed with. It’s so fun and ridiculous.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dahx View Post
    leah williams in women of marvel comics:

i just wrote a haunted house issue of x-factor and it’s in arc 2 which is where we’re really diving into the mystery of how prodigy died and why he’s repowered now because it’s been kept a secret up till now. So there’s a haunted house issue of x-factor now that i’m obsessed with. It’s so fun and ridiculous.
    take my money leah!!!

Extraordinary Member

Is the Siryn issue the one with the haunted house?

How’s everyone feel about Terry potentially joining X-Factor?

She’s another second generation mutant like Lorna, Rachel and Daken.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Can't wait for the Siryn issue, she's been absent from the books for too long

And I'm glad that this book seems to be addressing whatever is going on with her Morrigan status, even if its just to get rid of it once and for all.

Adding that I definitely don't see Lorna as in the same "generation" as Rachel or Daken. She came just after the O5, and just before Wolverine, Storm, etc. She's also Magneto's child, as the O5 are philosophically Xavier's "children," whereas Rachel is Jean's, Daken is Wolverine's, Siryn is Banshee's, etc.

Quick timeline of those characters.

O5 - 1963
    Polaris - 1968
    Wolverine - 1974
    Storm - 1975
    Rachel - 1981
    Siryn - 1981
    Daken - 2006

If Rachel/Siryn/Daken are second generation, then I would say Lorna is either first generation or generation 1.5.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Adding that I definitely don't see Lorna as in the same "generation" as Rachel or Daken. She came just after the O5, and just before Wolverine, Storm, etc. She's also Magneto's child, as the O5 are philosophically Xavier's "children," whereas Rachel is Jean's, Daken is Wolverine's, Siryn is Banshee's, etc.

Quick timeline of those characters.

O5 - 1963
    Polaris - 1968
    Wolverine - 1974
    Storm - 1975
    Rachel - 1981
    Siryn - 1981
    Daken - 2006

If Rachel/Siryn/Daken are second generation, then I would say Lorna is either first generation or generation 1.5.
    I’m speaking of 2nd generations mutants or offspring of mutants. Not the waves of when people became X-men.

For example, Pixie, Regan and Martinique are all 2nd Generation mutants because Jason Wyndegard’s parents weren’t mutants.

Jubilee is a first generation mutant because both her parents were flatscans.

And so on.

Chamber and Blink on the other hand, are distant descendants of Apocalypse. Magma is a descendant of Selene. So they’re “Plus Generation”
    Last edited by Will Evans; 10-23-2020 at 12:17 PM.

I’m speaking of 2nd generations mutants or offspring of mutants. Not the waves of when people became X-men.

For example, Pixie, Regan and Martinique are all 2nd Generation mutants because Jason Wyndegard’s parents weren’t mutants.

Jubilee is a first generation mutant because both her parents were flatscans.

And so on.

Chamber and Blink on the other hand, are distant descendants of Apocalypse. Magma is a descendant of Selene. So they’re “Plus Generation”
    Okay, thanks for clarifying what you meant with second generation. Within X-Men comics discussion, I'm more used to seeing the term "second generation" as meaning either when they were introduced chronologically, or in relation to certain eras or in relation to Magneto/Xavier. I had a bit of a strong reaction from thinking that was the intended meaning because of how Marvel almost never acknowledges Lorna's history with her peers, preferring to treat her like she didn't exist until the 90s.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Does anyone know what the sales have been like on this book? I honestly love it and hope it continues for the foreseeable future.

A sudden thought I had: while Lorna is second generation within scope of the definition here (second generation of her family to be a mutant), most of her conscious, lived experience is as if she was a first generation mutant. Her memories were altered after her powers awakened, the people who raised her either didn't know about her powers or didn't tell her, she didn't "know" she was a mutant until her teens, and after that she spent a long time thinking Magneto wasn't her father (a little over 30 years our time) before finally finding out otherwise.

I'm not saying there isn't common ground with her and other characters who are second generation within this definition. Now that she knows who her father is, she does have that mutant legacy expectation that others with mutant parents have. But she also knows what it's like for a first generation mutant, having been led to believe for so long that she was one.