Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES issue #3 Preview/(spoiler) discussion

https://www.newsarama.com/48583-robi...roes-3.html#s1

Thank you to MeGrimlock420 for originally posting this. I just figured we'd make it a thread on its own.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ever since Ultimate Spider-Man I usually find myself really appreciating in some form or another how Bendis tackles kids/teen characters.

I genuinely love it that he's totally into them just flat-out screwing up or doing something dumb that they attempted very little forethought for.

Jon sneaks off to bring his best friend to the future to see how cool it is, and he flat-out makes up some fresh kid/teenage BS about how he went to get Damian because he's a detective. Lol that's pretty great. And kind of runs down a haphazard version of the speech Saturn Girl gave to him in issue one, but since he didn't listen to the orientation like he was supposed to, Damian passes out.

Also, didn't at all expect that 'the air is different' line to come back and be explored. It was really clever to gloss past that because Jon's part Kryptonian and can survive in the vacuum of space with no issue what so ever, so we wouldn't notice as the reader.

Geez, Dawnstar. If you love Jon so much why don’t you marry him?!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Geez, Dawnstar. If you love Jon so much why don’t you marry him?!
    Not again, why is it that discussion with jon has turned into shippingverse battleroyale?
    Finally, jon is starting to get his personality, quirkiness.. Etc back.The power rangers thing was cool,More of that. Bendis doesn't get damian's voice, at all. Their dynamic feels like wet towel compared to tomasi's.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

spoilers:
    Good issue. We did find out about a relationship, but it did not have to do with jon or saturn girl. Maybe I just missed something,but I didnt read anything that would make themnot be able to be a couple. Also I am curious what Mon-El's connection to Jon is..
    end of spoilers