Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Steering the conversation back to LoSH #3 and away from the usual Evil Superman v Batman conversation of which I'm as guilty of indulging as any, can we take a moment to appreciate just how damn good these books look?

Sook and Cheung on covers with Sook and Moore on interiors? Bendis continues to amass the top of DC's artistic talent. Johns better hold on to Frank.
    I agree. That panel where Imra is making Damian think he's dreaming ? As controversial as it is, it's so damn gorgeous ! And all the characters looks great and unique. And expressive to boot, like Chameleon Boy on the last page who makes incredible faces. I hope Sook will stay here for long, because he's crafted so much of this LoSH that I can't see it working as well with another artist entirely, at least not yet.

Bendis just better let Will Conrad on JLO duty !

BANNED

One of the reasons I truly dislike the Legion as they're a bit manipulative and secretive just to keep their unique future intact. Also they have a unique dislike for the Batman and his family.

Saturn Girl has always been pragmatic to the point of being quasi-evil. When Superman mind-wiped Lois in Superman II, I was so mad. When Doctor Who mind-wiped someone recently I was so mad. Saturn Girl... has always done this kind of manipulative ****. I think Bendis has been screwing up Ultra Boy's characterization a lot (and also his costume). He strikes me as kind of small and nervous, not at all like the "Yee-Haw" gung-ho boy I know Jo to be. This Imra moment was unnerving, but very true to her character.

Especially if Damian grows up to be Hitler. We'll see about that.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Finally got to the LCS and caught up with Legion. Good stuff, plenty of things to chew on, I'm enjoying it so far.

The Damian thing.....whatever, he's the d-bag Robin who makes some headway towards leaving the al Ghul way of thinking behind him, and then slides back to it a little bit with secret prisons and whatever else. I'm not too up in arms about a potential future where he went bad that the Legion is trying to prevent.

Ultra Boy is a lot less of a cowboy than I expected him to be.

And looking at Mon-El, I dunno, he looks a little like a Zod if you ask me. Jon mentioned that Lar looked like someone from a show....is that supposed to be a legit show he's talking about? If so what one?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And looking at Mon-El, I dunno, he looks a little like a Zod if you ask me.
    That's possible. But if he were a Zod then wouldn't he be from New Krypton? I honestly don't know what to think given the fact that apparently Jon also has some sort of relation to either Doctor Fate, Monster Boy, or Gold Lantern.

Mon may be the obvious choice for a decedent of Jon's, so maybe it's actually one of them?

Crazy thought: the new Doctor Fate is a new version of Laurel Kent (Bendis seemed to confirm Fate was a woman) who still just has the invulnerability as her natural birthright, but she's now found the helmet. What if her and Mon are cousins?

Jon mentioned that Lar looked like someone from a show....is that supposed to be a legit show he's talking about? If so what one?
    I took it as a joke personally. But maybe there was someone Sook modeled Mon after?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Interestingly when they make the Damien-Hitler comment, Brainy does point out its a bit more complex then that. So Damien may very well be a historical figure whom does horrific things for what seemed a good reason ? Ala the Great Leap firward maybe?

I'm hoping that the Man of Valor is still Lar Gand from Daxam. Mon-El has had just about everything happen to his backstory except being made Kryptonian, and I'm holding out hope that he still hasn't had that.

Mon-El punching out the warlord Nah or whatever his name was and then learning he was the new ruler of Rimbor was hilarious, and easily my favorite part of that issue.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

It's weird. When I first heard about Daxam, I expected that to be a post-Crisis retcon. But, no, he was ALWAYS from there and not Krypton.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I'm hoping that the Man of Valor is still Lar Gand from Daxam.
    Well, I read his name tag in issue 2 and it seems to confirm that not only is his real name Lar Gand but that he's also from Daxam, and he's vulnerable to led.

Granted, that may not mean much since Bendis has confirmed that the name tags can be hacked and changed, and that he'll be playing with that idea in his run. So, that may actually be a cover identity to hide the fact that he's part Kryptonian? I mentioned it earlier, but oddly enough there don't seem to be any New Krypton representatives on the Legion, and the leader of those crab lookin guys in issue 2 seemed awfully surprised that someone was wearing the Superman shield.

If I remember right, didn't Laurel Gand (a sort of post zero hour amalgamation of pre-crisis Kara and Laurel Kent) maintained a cover identity for a while, right? She was assigned to join the Legion as show of good faith by the very xenophobic Daxamites who were coming out of isolation to join the United Planets for the first time.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Well, I read his name tag in issue 2 and it seems to confirm that not only is his real name Lar Gand but that he's also from Daxam, and he's vulnerable to led.

Granted, that may not mean much since Bendis has confirmed that the name tags can be hacked and changed, and that he'll be playing with that idea in his run. So, that may actually be a cover identity to hide the fact that he's part Kryptonian? I mentioned it earlier, but oddly enough there don't seem to be any New Krypton representatives on the Legion, and the leader of those crab lookin guys in issue 2 seemed awfully surprised that someone was wearing the Superman shield.

If I remember right, didn't Laurel Gand (a sort of post zero hour amalgamation of pre-crisis Kara and Laurel Kent) maintained a cover identity for a while, right? She was assigned to join the Legion as show of good faith by the very xenophobic Daxamites who were coming out of isolation to join the United Planets for the first time.
    Wouldn't it be possible that Damian somehow destroyed New Krypton ? With the reverence toward Kandor, Zod seeking Ra's al Ghul in the present, probably to try and bring back to life the Kandorians... I don't know, I'm probably totally wrong, but it could explain why Damian has become so infamous in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Wouldn't it be possible that Damian somehow destroyed New Krypton ? With the reverence toward Kandor, Zod seeking Ra's al Ghul in the present, probably to try and bring back to life the Kandorians... I don't know, I'm probably totally wrong, but it could explain why Damian has become so infamous in the future.
    Last I heard, Bendis said we'd be visiting it in the 31st century, so I'm gonna assume that's not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That's possible. But if he were a Zod then wouldn't he be from New Krypton?
    Perhaps? But a thousand years is a long time. For all we know, Zod builds New Krypton and at some point between now and the Legion's time, that Krypton went out and conquered a planet or two and expanded their reach. Daxam could have been one of those planets (is it still a old Krypton colony in this continuity?) and one of Zod's descendants stayed there to rule it, and eventually Lar came along.

I'm just spitballing, I have no real firm theories at all.

I honestly don't know what to think given the fact that apparently Jon also has some sort of relation to either Doctor Fate, Monster Boy, or Gold Lantern.
    What? Where was this?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Perhaps? But a thousand years is a long time. For all we know, Zod builds New Krypton and at some point between now and the Legion's time, that Krypton went out and conquered a planet or two and expanded their reach. Daxam could have been one of those planets (is it still a old Krypton colony in this continuity?) and one of Zod's descendants stayed there to rule it, and eventually Lar came along.
    My only thing with that is the fact that it doesn't make sense with what Triplicate Girl was going to say. "He's your--" He's your distant "cousin" sort of works I guess. Wildfire did call Ursa Jon's aunt. But, in all fairness, it came off more like a joke since he was also asking if Jon could introduce him in what felt a lot like a "I wanna hit on her" sort of comment, so I dunno. "He's your descendant" fits cleaner imo.

What? Where was this?

LEGION OF SUPERHEROES #6
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by RYAN SOOK
    card stock variant cover by ALEX GARNER
    Meet the latest crop of Legionnaires: Gold Lantern! Monster Boy! Doctor Fate! Each a new face in the DC Universe, each with dark secrets, and each with a reason to be part of the Legion’s goal to bring the values of the Age of Heroes to the 31st century. And one of them has a surprising connection to Jon Kent, a.k.a. Superboy. All of this and the tensions between the United Planets and the Legion of Super-Heroes have gone public! The future of the DC Universe continues to unfold!
    ON SALE 04.01.20

Oddly enough this come directly after issue 5 where the solicitation says "Plus, Mon-El comes clean about his connection to Jon."

So it's hard to tell. But I will say though, Jon's upcoming suit in the Legion does look almost identical to Mon-El's suit as you'll see here

We usually see that from two Kryptonians (or Kryptonian stand-ins) on the Legion when they are directly related. Examples being Valor and his descendant Laurel Gand (in two versions of her suit), and obviously Clark and Kara

So maybe Mon will be Jon's descendant, and it's possible that either Monster Boy, Doctor Fate, or Gold Lantern are Mon's cousin? I just have a feeling that they'll be linked given we're getting the reveals back-to-back in 5 and then in 6.

This is such an interesting mini mystery haha I hope we get another clue or two in issue 4 before we find out in 5.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-22-2020 at 06:01 PM.

The Laurel Kent is Dr Fate thing has some metal to it when you note on the cover the easiest vusual way to tell gender (chest and face) are hidden. The arms/hands are slim but that could be an artistic thing.

Bendis has already revealed that Dr Fate is a woman. She also has six arms and someone else on another thread said she's from the Legion's future.