Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I know Snyder has said before he’s been wanting to a WW story for a while so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt but can’t help but feel she’s only getting a focus here because of the movie.
    I’ll take it, God knows WW fans are owed an apology event after Amazons Attack. Still I wish her villains showed up and played a role, Circe was a big part of JLD so there’s no reason to not have her play a role here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ll take it, God knows WW fans are owed an apology event after Amazons Attack. Still I wish her villains showed up and played a role, Circe was a big part of JLD so there’s no reason to not have her play a role here.
    I would love a line-wide event where Circe and Ares team up to take over the multiverse, but I guess this will have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I would love a line-wide event where Circe and Ares team up to take over the multiverse, but I guess this will have to do.
    Yes, I'd hope at least some WW's characters get a spotting or even going along with the whole Dark Multiverse thing having an evil Wonder Woman, or league of them, from there as the villain would be nice.

Thing is though it just feels like WW thrown into a Bat event because mostly all the imagery to me still appears to be primarily Batman in nature. What we still lack is an event built around her that's actually based largely on her own mythos and spans outward to largely affect the line.

Her look is just absolute fire though, no complaints there at all. I'm just burnt out on the Dark Batverse (which is really all the Dark Multiverse is outside of very few forays into other ideas).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Thing is though it just feels like WW thrown into a Bat event because mostly all the imagery to me still appears to be primarily Batman in nature. What we still lack is an event built around her that's actually based largely on her own mythos and spans outward to largely affect the line.

Her look is just absolute fire though, no complaints there at all. I'm just burnt out on the Dark Batverse (which is really all the Dark Multiverse is outside of very few forays into other ideas).
    I’m petty so after the countless Superman and WW go evil and Batman saves the day, a bunch of evil Batmen screwing everyone over with WW leading the charge to save the day is totally up my alley. That said you’re not wrong, this event is just steeped in Batman iconography, however I don’t know if it will stay that way. The BWL may be biting it early on given his skull is hanging from her belt in the promo and WW fighting the evil mother goddess Perpetua could be cool. Like I said I’m going to hope for Circe to show up since she was a big part of Tynion’s JLD.

Oddly enough her costume is just her normal costume except she has a crown whereas Bruce and Clark are rocking totally different outfits.

Extraordinary Member

Apparently she's the queen of hell?

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...etal-in-august

Ahead of September’s skip month for Dark Nights: Death Metal, DC turns up the volume and calls in reinforcements to give fans more than they ever bargained for! A week after Dark Nights: Death Metal #3 publishes on August 11, the world of Dark Nights: Metal expands with Dark Nights: Death Metal Guidebook to include stories by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Joshua Williamson, Becky Cloonan, Vita Ayala, Chip Zdarsky, Christopher Priest, Doug Mahnke, Dan Panosian, Eduardo Risso, and Khary Randolph! Collected in Dark Nights: Death Metal Guidebook #1 on August 18 with a cover by Yasmine Putri, the stories in this one-shot showcase the new factions of Earth and explore the mystery of what happened to the Justice League after their battle with Perpetua.

As Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, and other heroes fight to survive in the strange new landscape of an Earth turned upside down and shrouded in a realm of darkness, one cloaked figure has been observing from the sidelines, creating a guidebook to this new world and its evil leaders. Find out how Wonder Woman became the queen of Hell! Discover how Batman finds the Black Lantern ring! And see what happens when Harley Quinn takes charge of the Wasteland, finding love in the process! All this and more in this jam-packed issue exploring the new world order.

Blegh. Color me even less interested.

Why can't we get a big DC crossover featuring the main universe Wonder Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Blegh. Color me even less interested.

Why can't we get a big DC crossover featuring the main universe Wonder Woman?
    It’s main Universe WW, she’s just been put in charge of keeping the villains locked up by the BWL, hence the “Queen of Hell” title.

It’s main Universe WW, she’s just been put in charge of keeping the villains locked up by the BWL, hence the “Queen of Hell” title.
    Wait, really? I guess I haven't been paying attention... the main Wonder Woman is using a chainsaw? Ew.

I just want to see how she’s treated during this “event” I just want them to for once show her doing something and don’t narrate like she did in the darkseid war. I just want to see some new feats happen and at the end of this we get something WONDERFUL out of this.

Extraordinary Member

First issue out next week, preview is out: https://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/452404

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I just want to see how she’s treated during this “event” I just want them to for once show her doing something and don’t narrate like she did in the darkseid war. I just want to see some new feats happen and at the end of this we get something WONDERFUL out of this.
    Sameeeeee!
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Read the first issue, I think Wonder Woman was written pretty well and I liked optimism in contrast to Batman in the issue. It's nice seeing her lead a event like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post

Well, she does something pretty major in the first issue and looking at future solicits, I think it'll last.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Wait, really? I guess I haven't been paying attention... the main Wonder Woman is using a chainsaw? Ew.
    The enduring lesson from New 52 is that I am no longer willing to accept just any depiction of a favorite character. Does not sound like this will make the cut.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Extraordinary Member

I thought her depiction here was fine, it wasn't outstanding or anything but it certainly wasn't bad.

In terms of the story itself it kind of feels like a bit of a retread. Between the original Metal and his Black Label Batman book we've already seen Snyder explore these story beats.