Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 162
  1. #136
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,261

    Default

    Interesting that Diana and Circe are in their 80s looks but Hectate is how she looked in JLD.

    After Injustice and Dceased, let’s hope Bruce and Clark are the first to die.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-28-2020 at 11:45 AM.

  2. #137
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,296

    Default

    This makes me miss Circe's old design.

  3. #138
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Interesting that Diana and Circe are in their 80s looks but Hectate is how she looked in JLD.
    Did Perez really give Hecate much design? I thought he just made her an old woman in a purple robe, but...well, I haven't read the Circe Perez issues or WOOG in a long time.

  4. #139
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,401

    Default

    Hecate sure is getting a lot of use nowadays huh?

  5. #140
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Hecate sure is getting a lot of use nowadays huh?
    If it’s like her JLD usage I can’t complain, I loved her there.

  6. #141
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes me miss Circe's old design.
    I like her Rebirth one, but she did sport her old one briefly in a JLD flashback.

    Thigh it’s established Circe is the type to change appearances as the wind blows.

  7. #142
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I like her Rebirth one, but she did sport her old one briefly in a JLD flashback.

    Thigh it’s established Circe is the type to change appearances as the wind blows.
    Her Rebirth one is just kind of boring for me. I'm always waiting for her to put her game face on .

  8. #143
    Incredible Member Dipter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    615

    Default

    I've really enjoyed Snyder's portrayal of Diana in Death Metal. Seeing her as the pillar of hope that inspires everyone to band together in the darkest hour is so refreshing. Now the fate of the multiverse is in her hands.

  9. #144
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,192

    Default

    spoilers:
    Was cool to see WW go full One Million
    end of spoilers

  10. #145
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,261

    Default

    spoilers:
    Alright, I’ll give Synder credit for at least hyping up the lasso
    end of spoilers

    Still let’s hope another “WW event” can actually do better than scraps from the Bat table next time.

  11. #146
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I've really enjoyed Snyder's portrayal of Diana in Death Metal. Seeing her as the pillar of hope that inspires everyone to band together in the darkest hour is so refreshing. Now the fate of the multiverse is in her hands.
    That's how Wonder Woman should have been protrayed in the Injustice Universe.

  12. #147
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    That's how Wonder Woman should have been protrayed in the Injustice Universe.
    Yeah, but then who are NRS and Tom Taylor gonna have be Superman and Batman’s arm candy/punching bag?

  13. #148
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    4,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I've really enjoyed Snyder's portrayal of Diana in Death Metal. Seeing her as the pillar of hope that inspires everyone to band together in the darkest hour is so refreshing. Now the fate of the multiverse is in her hands.
    Isn't being the pillar of Hope^TM Superman's thing?

    Honestly, Snyder is not really someone I enjoy working on Diana. He seems to really enjoy speaking in platitudes about Truth, Story and how she's a warrior but it all feels really surface level and like he doesn't get the character so much as he understands what her core thematic is supposed to be, or something to that effect.

    I like that she stepped up and is taking the reigns. spoilers:
    I was excited to see the lasso come back into the fold... and then we're back to the goddamn chainsaw.

    I mean, yeah, she's gold and supercharged but who even cares anymore. It all feels hollow at this point because he's been shilling every big threat in DC to hype up this fight and it's been five issues of "and this guy lost, and this guy lost, and this guy really lost" just for a big fight with The Batman Who Sucks where Diana will find a way to hold everyone's hand and hope hard because that's always how Snyder ends his big stories.
    end of spoilers

    If this actually had to do with Diana's villains, her actual core thematics and imagery, I'd give it to Snyder. Instead it's an over-the-top edgy 90s rerun with Batman visuals that Diana gets shoehorned into, and she doesn't even get to win the day as Wonder Woman. She's flippin' chainsaw Xena who really likes Truth^tm because lassos are for losers I guess.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-15-2020 at 11:58 PM.

  14. #149
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Isn't being the pillar of Hope^TM Superman's thing?

    Honestly, Snyder is not really someone I enjoy working on Diana. He seems to really enjoy speaking in platitudes about Truth, Story and how she's a warrior but it all feels really surface level and like he doesn't get the character so much as he understands what her core thematic is supposed to be, or something to that effect.

    I like that she stepped up and is taking the reigns. spoilers:
    I was excited to see the lasso come back into the fold... and then we're back to the goddamn chainsaw.

    I mean, yeah, she's gold and supercharged but who even cares anymore. It all feels hollow at this point because he's been shilling every big threat in DC to hype up this fight and it's been five issues of "and this guy lost, and this guy lost, and this guy really lost" just for a big fight with The Batman Who Sucks where Diana will find a way to hold everyone's hand and hope hard because that's always how Snyder ends his big stories.
    end of spoilers

    If this actually had to do with Diana's villains, her actual core thematics and imagery, I'd give it to Snyder. Instead it's an over-the-top edgy 90s rerun with Batman visuals that Diana gets shoehorned into, and she doesn't even get to win the day as Wonder Woman. She's flippin' chainsaw Xena who really likes Truth^tm because lassos are for losers I guess. (
    spoilers:
    The gold Wonder Woman kind of reminded me more that I only really think she’s the “lead” here because of the movie (which is advertising the gold armor a lot
    end of spoilers

    Otherwise, I mostly echo what you say on Snyder’s take on Diana. Also what I would say about other big writers like Johns or Taylor when it comes to her.

  15. #150
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    spoilers:
    The gold Wonder Woman kind of reminded me more that I only really think she’s the “lead” here because of the movie (which is advertising the gold armor a lot
    end of spoilers

    Otherwise, I mostly echo what you say on Snyder’s take on Diana. Also what I would say about other big writers like Johns or Taylor when it comes to her.
    spoilers:
    I'm not sure if it was intentional synergy, I don't think Snyder's that up on that, but it does seem like a fairly significant coincidence timing-wise.
    end of spoilers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •