Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Please note that discussions of specific issues should involve the creation of a new thread marked for spoilers
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Is it okay that I say here that I actually kind of like Diana with the long hair with the blue highlights near the end of her hair? I'm not sure if her hair is actually blue or if its just a color/light thing but I dig it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Is it okay that I say here that I actually kind of like Diana with the long hair with the blue highlights near the end of her hair? I'm not sure if her hair is actually blue or if its just a color/light thing but I dig it.
    I assumed it was a lighting thing but it's different from how Capullo's usually drawn her.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I assumed it was a lighting thing but it's different from how Capullo's usually drawn her.
    Previews of the second issue show it still blue at the ends and in a different locale, so it's safe to say that's how her hair is in Death Metal.

I will say that what I like about this series with Wonder Woman is that she appears to be the inspiration for everyone else. That it is pretty clear that everyone else has pretty much given up, like Batman, are defeated, or are just unsure how to proceed in saving the day but she is the one who is coming in and telling people that there is hope that things can be fixed and Perpetua and the Batman who laughs can be stopped and that settling for anything less then what once was should not be seen as acceptable.

I kind of like how Snyder writers her as the voice of hope and especially in the most recent issue when she talks to Batman. Not sure how everyone feels about it but I'm okay with how he is writing her.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Guess this goes here but Golden Age-esque Wonder Woman with the JSA in a Gary Frank variant for Death Metal tie-in.

I hate to say it but January 2021 will probably see the third new origin for Diana in ten years. I mean, we knew it was a possibility when Generations was first announced, but after 5G and Didio got canned who knew what they'd do. But this to me suggests this idea is staying, and since I don't think they'll stick with some brief flashback story to establish it, I'd bet on a new creative team to tell it in the main WW title.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I hate to say it but January 2021 will probably see the third new origin for Diana in ten years. I mean, we knew it was a possibility when Generations was first announced, but after 5G and Didio got canned who knew what they'd do. But this to me suggests this idea is staying, and since I don't think they'll stick with some brief flashback story to establish it, I'd bet on a new creative team to tell it in the main WW title.
    More than three when you take into account out of continuity stuff like Earth One and Legend of Wonder Woman. Or go to other media like the movie.

So this is what it felt like to be a Superman fan in the mid-to-late 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I dunno, this is just a variant. Feels like they’re just repurposing planned covers for Generations now that that’s cancelled.

That's certainly a possibility, didn't really look at it that way at first. Guess we can only wait and see in that regard.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

More than three when you take into account out of continuity stuff like Earth One and Legend of Wonder Woman. Or go to other media like the movie.

So this is what it felt like to be a Superman fan in the mid-to-late 2000s.
    Do stories from other series like Michael Cray count with revised origins? Wondy's was pretty sad in that one

Guess this goes here but Golden Age-esque Wonder Woman with the JSA in a Gary Frank variant for Death Metal tie-in.
    Whats PG doing there?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Whats PG doing there?
    Posing like everyone else.

Think she's just there for a general JSA group shot despite being associated with the modern incarnation. Given how 5G is kaput following Didio and the bloodbath who knows if this is supposed to be representative of anything.

Didn't really know where else to say this but, Comet made an appearance in the recent issue of the Justice League following the METAL event. He was a robot horse forged on Themyscira, fast horse in the world, and given to Nightwing as a gift. Probably just for the event but I love the concept. Amazons should have advance tech yet have a Greek/Roman theme so robot horses/Pegasus is a nice fit into that. He looked really cool too.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Didn't really know where else to say this but, Comet made an appearance in the recent issue of the Justice League following the METAL event. He was a robot horse forged on Themyscira, fast horse in the world, and given to Nightwing as a gift. Probably just for the event but I love the concept. Amazons should have advance tech yet have a Greek/Roman theme so robot horses/Pegasus is a nice fit into that. He looked really cool too.
    Was tempted to get cause of the Liam Sharp cover made me think he was doing the art for the issue.