Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    First look at Diana in the Death Metal/Metal 2 sequel book by Snyder.

Looks like she really is the main character! Yay!
    Very...hardcore .

Fantastic Member

She looks like a nut!!! Not a good look!!

BANNED

Looks great.

So I'm going to ask...as someone who hasn't really been following much of DC outside Wonder Woman...should I be excited Scott Snyder is writing/wants to write her? The impression I'm getting from his Justice League run is lukewarm at best and isn't he the guy who had Batman kick Diana's ass with an "anti-magic lasso" whatever the hell that means?

Thoughts? Is Snyder's take something to look forward to or dread?

Astonishing Member

Don't care how Diana looks as long as Batman Who Laughs is put down as quickly as possible. BWL and the Dark Multiverse are dumb concepts that should've NEVER been introduced.

Incredible Member

I don't think it's something to dread. Snyder's written some good stuff and he's long expressed an interest in writing WW in some meaningful capacity. I can't get super excited, though, as I thought Metal was "meh," I find the Batman Who Laughs annoyingly precious, and I quit reading his JLA because it felt unnecessarily convoluted. Still, he really likes the character, so it'll be interesting to see his take.

BANNED

Batman who Lmaos is great. Dark Multiverse is too.

Fantastic Member

I'm sick of everybody licking Batman boots!! Every story has something to do with the bat-god!! I'm so sick of Batman!! WW is just as interesting as batman and is a better person! She doesn't need him to be part of her universe or play a major role in a story that should focus on WW!!

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Don't care how Diana looks as long as Batman Who Laughs is put down as quickly as possible. BWL and the Dark Multiverse are dumb concepts that should've NEVER been introduced.
    BWL is likely going nowhere. Even if this image is a sign that he's defeated, he'll still be around. Hell with Johns bringing back SB Prime in Shazam, don't think they're not chomping at the bit to have these two characters interact. Like Prime, he'll be an annoyance of an antagonist that will always be around.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I'm sick of everybody licking Batman boots!! Every story has something to do with the bat-god!! I'm so sick of Batman!! WW is just as interesting as batman and is a better person! She doesn't need him to be part of her universe or play a major role in a story that should focus on WW!!
    This story only exists because of Batmen related characters—it’s a sequel. So, even if Diana is the main character here, Batman appearing makes sense. No?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

First a noose, then a set of guns, now a chainsaw. DC just won't stop trying to make Diana appear vicious. Oh, and she needs a hairbrush.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    ...he's long expressed an interest in writing WW in some meaningful capacity... Still, he really likes the character, so it'll be interesting to see his take.
    That's kind of what I'm asking. Okay, he's said he's interested in writing Diana and allegedly likes her, but is this going to turn out to be one of those, "Actually, Scott, I'd rather you didn't" situations?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    So I'm going to ask...as someone who hasn't really been following much of DC outside Wonder Woman...should I be excited Scott Snyder is writing/wants to write her? The impression I'm getting from his Justice League run is lukewarm at best and isn't he the guy who had Batman kick Diana's ass with an "anti-magic lasso" whatever the hell that means?

Thoughts? Is Snyder's take something to look forward to or dread?
    Depends.

Metal was a big dumb loud heavy metal concert set in the DCU. If you could get down with it, it was a fun ride. Nothing to take seriously, but a fun ride; like listening to Anthrax while doing 90 down the highway.

Snyder seems like he has a fair handle on Diana. Honestly he hasn't written her a whole ton, and other characters have usually had the spotlight in Justice League, but I don't really recall reading anything from him and thinking he was way off base.

So whether that all sounds like something you're into? That's for you to decide.

For myself.....chainsaw sword lasso. I'm kinda sold just on that. That's so ridiculous I have to give it an issue.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mehhh... I'm not sure I'm interested in this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    You seem mad.