Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Can I just say that I love that image of of Wonder Woman with Wings holding that chainsaw, I want that as poster.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

So, Wonder Woman is the lead character of the series?

Snyder: Yes, a hundred percent.

Capullo: You are expected Batman, right? That's what everybody out there expects. As soon as Scott and I were done with Batman: Last Knight on Earth [Snyder and Capullo's miniseries set in the far future, starring Batman] and said we were done with Batman, everybody thinks, 'yeah, right, they're lying.' No, really, seriously. We intended that to be the last of our Batman. That was sincere. That's not to say we would never, ever do anything with the character — he's a prominent character in the DCU! But Batman is a supporting character in this. This is very much a Wonder Woman driven story, and as Scott said, we've wanted it do it for a long time.

She was the character I was most intimidated by, but I gained my legs when we did the first Metal. I thought I was excited to do a Wonder Woman series. This is very Wonder Woman-centric.

Snyder: Remember when you first drew her, when we did [2015 storyline from the Batman series] "Endgame"? When you drew her there, yours became my favorite [version of the character] really quick. She's like, fierce and brave and independent and, you know, strong and all those things, but she still has good kind of beauty and sexuality without being sexualized. All the stuff that you're going for is there. I just love your Wonder Woman.

Capullo: I was very intimidated. She is a tightrope walk because you have to do all those things and balance it. It's a tough act. Especially female fans, they're very particular about how you portray those characters. I showed my wife at home, "what do you think of this? What do you think of that one?" just to get a woman's point of view on things like that. Just like I go to my kid for cool monster stuff. I was nervous about her, but I'm so excited to draw this story.

Did Death Metal grow out of your desire to do a Wonder Woman story, or is it that it made sense for her to be the central character for this particular story you were already planning?

Snyder: It makes perfect sense because it's about the truth. It's about the true nature of, what happens to all of these different stories. It's about sort of like the true nature of what a crisis has been for the DCU, and why the heroes haven't been able to connect and stop some of the stuff that's been going on around the DCU as one big team. Wonder Woman has to look through all of the veils and the lies, and the things that have been put in front of their eyes, to see how to win when nobody else can.

So for me, she's the perfect hero for the story. The Batman Who Laughs brings all of our worst fears to life — he says essentially, you're never going to be able to accomplish that, every other version of yourself is better than the version that you are. And those kinds of those kinds of voices that get in your head, stop you from doing the things that make you the hero that you want to be. And so for us, in this kind of a story, Wonder Woman is the perfect adversary for that. Her whole thing, to me, is that no matter how ugly it is, no matter how scary it is, she always pursues and lionizes the truth.

Full interview with Snyder & Capullo about the project: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-story-1278849

Yeah...this looks and sounds really unappealing. Hard pass.

Spectacular Member

I like chocolate, but when i eat too much of it, i have stomachache. It's the same thing with that kind of stories. It's just too much...

Well I'm here for it!

The art that BleedingCool got looks awesome! The chainsaw of truth looks much cooler than I thought in panels! Diana's design looks amazing—the headpiece and everything. I'm still convinced she has Nth metal in her hair.

Everything about this is amazing! I’m so happy we have an event that’s all about Wonder Woman and not Batman or Superman. This will open doors for Diana and hopefully get some bigger talent on her other book and hopefully sensation comics again.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Man, even Artgerm can't make "Chainsaw Wonder Woman" not look dumb.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Poor Diana. She deserves better than this.
    Reimagined public domain superheroes in a 1945 that never was!
    Read the superhero webcomic THE POWER OF STARDUST!

Incredible Member

It's cool that Wonder Woman is the focus of the story ... but, it's not a story that I'm interested in reading.

Extraordinary Member

Dark Nights: Death Metal #1 Unknown Comics Retailer Exclusive Variant by Kael Ngu

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    It's cool that Wonder Woman is the focus of the story ... but, it's not a story that I'm interested in reading.
    In a similar boat. I like Snyder and that WW will seemingly be the focus of it is nice but would prefer if the threat was more based around something from her corner of the universe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    In a similar boat. I like Snyder and that WW will seemingly be the focus of it is nice but would prefer if the threat was more based around something from her corner of the universe.
    I'm happy you said this. While I think it's great that Wonder Woman is getting this type of exposure, I would care more if her villains and world was treated with similar respect. Simply placing Wonder Woman as the leader, while nice, isn't exactly going to help her characters get more exposure and popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I'm happy you said this. While I think it's great that Wonder Woman is getting this type of exposure, I would care more if her villains and world was treated with similar respect. Simply placing Wonder Woman as the leader, while nice, isn't exactly going to help her characters get more exposure and popularity.
    Yeah, I know Snyder has said before he’s been wanting to a WW story for a while so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt but can’t help but feel she’s only getting a focus here because of the movie.