Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Tony Masters: Taskmaster Appreciation 2020

An appreciation for Taskmaster, the copycat mercenary of Marvel.

Also, he'll be the main antagonist for the upcoming Black Widow movie. I hope he survives, and joins the Thunderbolts (a rumor I've heard). Looks like he'll have his signature photographic reflexes in the movie.

Discuss.

Taskmaster copying Widow's flip was the best scene in the whole teaser for me .

Taskmaster from his creator, George Perez:

that "Taskmaster" in the trailer is almost certainly a female. they telegraphed it with the "who is that guy" comment. the way the suit is padded also points to it. i'm not saying that the person doing the stunts (when it isn't CGI) isn't a guy. i am saying to not get your hopes up for Tony to appear. :shrugs:

p.s. just realized that i'm tired of the 3 point landing. wish the winter soldier fight choreographers were doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that "Taskmaster" in the trailer is almost certainly a female. they telegraphed it with the "who is that guy" comment. the way the suit is padded also points to it. i'm not saying that the person doing the stunts (when it isn't CGI) isn't a guy. i am saying to not get your hopes up for Tony to appear. :shrugs:

p.s. just realized that i'm tired of the 3 point landing. wish the winter soldier fight choreographers were doing this.
    Taskmaster is too tall to be Rachel Weisz, who only has two inches on the 5'4" Scarlett Johansson.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Taskmaster is too tall to be Rachel Weisz, who only has two inches on the 5'4" Scarlett Johansson.
    i didn't say it was Rachel Weisz.

Well this was an apt time to make a thread.... because Tony's got a book!
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-in-april-2020

TASKMASTER #1 WRITTEN BY JED MACKAY WITH ART BY ALESSANDRO VITTI AND COVER BY VALERIO GIANGIORDANO

TASKMASTER HAS MURDERED MARIA HILL!

Or at least that’s what the whole world thinks. Now the greatest spies in the business are hunting him down and won’t stop until Taskmaster is dead or clears his own name! Follow JED MACKAY (BLACK CAT) and ALESSANDRO VITTI (SECRET WARRIORS) on a globe–spanning adventure that will send ripples through every corner of the Marvel Universe’s espionage community!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

i didn't say it was Rachel Weisz.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    TASKMASTER HAS MURDERED MARIA HILL!
    please say psyche

Always loved Taskmaster. He's one of my all time favs. I just hope they don't make him not speak. He's trash talk is glorious lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    please say psyche
    it's like the 3rd time that she's been fake killed. maybe she should have given him his golden toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Always loved Taskmaster. He's one of my all time favs.
    Me too. One of the best, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I just hope they don't make him not speak. He's trash talk is glorious lol.
    I know, right? The way he looks compared to the way he acts. That stark contrast is disconcerting, but mesmerizing.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-15-2020 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Added clarification.

Looking forward to Tasky in a new series. I think Jed McKay will be a good fit .
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    please say psyche
    Yeah, we can't be that lucky .

Ultimate Member

I hope they get read of his memory issues. I prefer him as a regular scumbag