Thread: Lois Lane #7

Default Lois Lane #7

What did y'all think of the seventh issue of LOIS LANE?

standard cover

My review:

I sincerely wish this maxi-series was completely self- contained. I hate the whole public identity angle intruding on this story (which is clearly behind the main Superman titles).

Also, I keep forgetting what the main thrust of this series is supposed to be with these distractions like Jon adjusting up for one issue.

And this has gone from Lois is finally getting her own solo series to a Lois and Renee Montoya team-up series ... and I can't stand this Question, or the original Question, or Rorschach for that matter. She takes away from more page time for Lois in her own series.

Kiss of Death looks pretty cool, tho. Is "she" any relation to that other earlier Leviathan event-related skull person from the government?

6/10

Yeah, it feels more and more like a Renee Montoya book at this point....

He needs to work on their chemistry.

I like Renee so I'm glad she's getting page time but Rucka's attempts at banter don't do it for me. "Pounding it out with Superman" is the cringiest example.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Amazing Member

Disappoint mostly. I don't even know what Lois is trying to expose here, or why the Russian reporter got killed. This is more a Lois POV book, starring the Question and it's about stuff that happens on other books than anything else. Jon leaving to the future, Leviathan fallout, Superman's secret identity, the Question stuff that nobody cares. If we're lucky and there's still pages left to fill, we might get some investigative journalism on government conspiracy action

I think Rucka continues to tell the tale well, and the art continues to be top-notch and atmospheric, but at the same time I agree with the others that the story seems to have lost track of who Lois is: a journalist and teller of truth. Right now the superhero parts of the story seems to take over.

Though I do like how Renee both disapproves of Lois behaviour with Superman and protects her out of female solidarity at the same time.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])