Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Death in the original movies shows no ability to automatically kill people. He has to set up Rube Goldbergian bad luck to do so. And that limitation is what makes the movies entertaining. Dropping that limitation because "it's Death" is mood-destroying no matter how you justify it.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 01-16-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Doing stuff like possessing a truck doesnt auto win.

It could inconveniently be low on gas or pop a tire on a nail for example. :P

If a tornado started forming, she would probably stumble into a crazy guys fallout bunker by accident. Or Storm would just happen to be in the area lol
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

It's called a heart attack or aneurysm, Death. No need to get fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Doing stuff like possessing a truck doesnt auto win.

It could inconveniently be low on gas or pop a tire on a nail for example. :P

If a tornado started forming, she would probably stumble into a crazy guys fallout bunker by accident. Or Storm would just happen to be in the area lol
    She does have limits though. I don't see her lasting long if Death is after her. She may luck out on a few occasions but sooner or later her powers are going to get overwhelmed.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    She does have limits though. I don't see her lasting long if Death is after her. She may luck out on a few occasions but sooner or later her powers are going to get overwhelmed.
    Based on feats? When do we see her powers run out?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;"
    - Nik Hasta

"Get off my lawn!

...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."

- Sharpandpointies

"...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics."
    -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Based on feats? When do we see her powers run out?
    Presumably based on the fact that she saw Juggernaut and was like "Yeah, nope imma head out". Supposedly this suggests that she didnt see any situation where her powers could overcome a danger on that scale.

Like, even if a gas main happened to explode underneath him, then freak weather caused 6 lightning bolts to strike him and then to top it all off he tripped on his own shoes a dozen times while sun got in his eyes, there was realistically no way to beat him. So she took off. He would have been inconvenienced but inevitable.

Maybe her powers could like... I dunno, drop a HUGE meteor on him. But then it would kill her to.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure