Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Domino vs. Final Destination

Death is coming for live action Domino (deadpool).

She doesn't know it's trying to get her.

She wins if she makes it to 70 years old living a regular life.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Given how ridiculous her powers worked in that film, she's probably going to be fine.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I'd like to see this movie just to watch how Rube Goldbergian the efforts of Death and Domino's power would get as they counter each other. Like a homerun baseball scares a dog which runs in front of a car which swerves to miss it which hits a fire-hydrant which sprays water in front of a cop chasing a suspect which causes him to fall and his gun to fire in a random direction and that random direction directly lines up with Domino, but at the same time a mouse scares a woman who screams causing a hotdog vendor to not notice that he's putting too much pepper into a hotdog and a plumber buys the hotdog, bites into it, and coughs violently causing him to throw his plumbing wrench the arc of which intersects exactly with the bullet deflecting it and saving Domino.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I'd like to see this movie just to watch how Rube Goldbergian the efforts of Death and Domino's power would get as they counter each other. Like a homerun baseball scares a dog which runs in front of a car which swerves to miss it which hits a fire-hydrant which sprays water in front of a cop chasing a suspect which causes him to fall and his gun to fire in a random direction and that random direction directly lines up with Domino, but at the same time a mouse scares a woman who screams causing a hotdog vendor to not notice that he's putting too much pepper into a hotdog and a plumber buys the hotdog, bites into it, and coughs violently causing him to throw his plumbing wrench the arc of which intersects exactly with the bullet deflecting it and saving Domino.
    This might be the greatest sentence I've ever read on Rumbles.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Death gets her eventually. It'll have to cause her to be caught in a nuclear explosion or something, but it'll get her. Remember, even her power has limits, hence why she noped out of fighting the Juggernaut.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Death gets her eventually. It'll have to cause her to be caught in a nuclear explosion or something, but it'll get her. Remember, even her power has limits, hence why she noped out of fighting the Juggernaut.
    Doesn't death have limits as well, at least final destination Death? Once it fails to kill someone doesn't it skip them and move on the the next person who would have died orignally, which is why people survive any of the final destination movies?

Also awesome write up MichealC!

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Doesn't death have limits as well, at least final destination Death? Once it fails to kill someone doesn't it skip them and move on the the next person who would have died orignally, which is why people survive any of the final destination movies?

Seems there's no one to skip to in this thread so it's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Death is coming for live action Domino (deadpool).

She doesn't know it's trying to get her.

She wins if she makes it to 70 years old living a regular life.
    Domino loses. Not because Final Destination Death manages to kill her before 70. But between its efforts, her luck powers and being a friend of Deadpool, there is no chance that she'll ever have a regular life.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Domino loses. Not because Final Destination Death manages to kill her before 70. But between its efforts, her luck powers and being a friend of Deadpool, there is no chance that she'll ever have a regular life.
    Lawyered....
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post

Survived the Final Destination movies? Noone survives the Final Destination movies.

The "survivors" of 1 were killed by the end of 2 (guy brained with brick offscreen and girl blown up during 2), "survivors" of 2 killed offscreen before 3, and 3, 4, and 5 had no survivors live past the end of the movie.

Haven't read the comics or novels, but I doubt they had people living in them.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Survived the Final Destination movies? Noone survives the Final Destination movies.

The "survivors" of 1 were killed by the end of 2 (guy brained with brick offscreen and girl blown up during 2), "survivors" of 2 killed offscreen before 3, and 3, 4, and 5 had no survivors live past the end of the movie.

Haven't read the comics or novels, but I doubt they had people living in them.
    Hell, the novels and comics have Death straight-up cheating if it gets sick of the survivors surviving its "natural" attempts at killing them. It possessed a truck to run a survivor over and turned itself into a tornado.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Hell, the novels and comics have Death straight-up cheating if it gets sick of the survivors surviving its "natural" attempts at killing them. It possessed a truck to run a survivor over and turned itself into a tornado.
    So this lasts until Death gets annoyed, goes "**** it" and causes a volcanic eruption beneath her feet. While sending an actual sharknado at her. And dropping a couple of planes at her.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Ulch. That sounds like the same kind of mood-destroying power-inflation that made me lose interest in Star Wars novels.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Ulch. That sounds like the same kind of mood-destroying power-inflation that made me lose interest in Star Wars novels.
    It's Death. The only reason it doesn't just cause instant death is because it likes fucking around with people (and because their wouldn't be a movie if it just immediately killed all the people who survived the initial incident).
    - C.S. Lewis

It's Death. The only reason it doesn't just cause instant death is because it likes fucking around with people (and because their wouldn't be a movie if it just immediately killed all the people who survived the initial incident).
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.