View Poll Results: Did Flashpoint ruined the Flash and the Flash Family ?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 61.29%
  • No

19 30.65%
  • Maybe

5 8.06%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mighty Member

It stood out to me in Doomsday Clock #12, because I don't remember it ever being referred back to since Flashpoint.

Do you know which issues or stories have referenced it since?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It stood out to me in Doomsday Clock #12, because I don't remember it ever being referred back to since Flashpoint.

I know there's at least one recordatory in Willianson's run going "It created the speed Force". (talking about Barry's origin). It was early Rebirth, possibly issue #1 (I don't have it with me to check if it's the case right now). Can't recall the what was the take on Venditti/Van Jensen. There's of course Dclock.

I'm sure I'm forgeting some.

Which is meaningless to the point I was making anyway. One time is enough for me to say "too many".
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; Today at 06:09 PM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Which is meaningless to the point I was making anyway. One time is enough for me to say "too many".
    If it's been referenced so infrequently that even hardcore fans can't keep track of it, and hasn't been used as a plot element, then that tells me it's not very important. This sounds like something that would be better described as a pet peeve, rather than something that has had any meaningful impact on the past ten years of Flash stories, something that would register with the casual readership.

Fantastic Member

It was one of the first things they changed after Flashpoint. I still don’t understand all of the butthurt over Barry becoming the Speed Force after being hit with the Anti Monitor’s death ray in CoIE myself but I’ve always felt that the Speed Force is an incredibly stupid concept since it was first introduced to make Wally the best speedster EVAR (which Wally didn’t need anyway since Messner-Loebs ALREADY made Wally a great Flash in his own right without it)

If it's been referenced so infrequently that even hardcore fans can't keep track of it, and hasn't been used as a plot element, then that tells me it's not very important. This sounds like something that would be better described as a pet peeve, rather than something that has had any meaningful impact on the past ten years of Flash stories, something that would register with the casual readership.
    I don't know what "casual readership" has to do with anything. And now that I think about it, I don't know how "relevant" the concept being in the last ten years has to do with the discussion either.

The question posited by this thread was if Flashpoint ruined the Flash Family. I said right on on my first post that "Flashpoint just discarded it" and what ruined it was Flash Rebirth. I stand by that. I gave as one -but far from being the only - reason for that the speed force retcon. I explained why, and further clarified that for the Flash Family to be in a healthy state, that needed to be repudiated.

The Flash Family is not in a healthy state (that's a fact), the retcon has not been repudiated (it's still available for use/allowed), and that's also a fact - as much as it being last seen last month in a high profile book - and I honestly believe that if tomorrow we have a cool get together that reestablishes the bonds among all those characters, old and new, BUT they're limited by this particular mechanic, the Flash Family is still in the crapper. I stand by all that as well.

I can't see what point you're trying to make here outside of "well, it didn't bother me, so it shouldn't bother anyone".
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; Today at 07:21 PM.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    It was one of the first things they changed after Flashpoint. I still don’t understand all of the butthurt over Barry becoming the Speed Force after being hit with the Anti Monitor’s death ray in CoIE
    That's not what the Flash Rebirth retcon was at all.