View Poll Results: Did Flashpoint ruined the Flash and the Flash Family ?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

49 61.25%
  • No

24 30.00%
  • Maybe

7 8.75%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    My philosophy comes from a different movie: "Your focus determines your reality."

Regardless of the overall perceived quality of THE PHANTOM MENACE as a movie, Qui-Gon Jinn was a great character.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Great character who should have paid more attention focusing on his reality or he maybe wouldn't have unintentionally dissed poor Padawan Kenobi or ended up with a hole in his torso. I mean he was clearly outclassed by Maul on Tatooine so why in the Seven Hels did he go after Maul alone on Naboo? -sigh-

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It doesn't help that it started the "dead mom, imprisoned father" origin.
    Flash Rebirth should be shelved behind Mopee in a deep vault buried under five miles of rock and a lava moat. On a rogue moon. Heading directly for Sol. With HIC as its only other companion. Wait! Countdown to 52 along for the ride.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Great character who should have paid more attention focusing on his reality or he maybe wouldn't have unintentionally dissed poor Padawan Kenobi or ended up with a hole in his torso. I mean he was clearly outclassed by Maul on Tatooine so why in the Seven Hels did he go after Maul alone on Naboo? -sigh-
    Not much choice. Those force fields took the matter out of his hands. He was trapped with a raging Sith Lord who wasn't going to wait for Qui-Gon's padawan to catch up.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

My philosophy comes from a different movie: "Your focus determines your reality."

Regardless of the overall perceived quality of THE PHANTOM MENACE as a movie, Qui-Gon Jinn was a great character.

I don't know much about star wars. I know it’s about space samurai's and all. But, if this thing is connected to Daoism(Qui-Gon really?). I don't think it teaches you to ignore things and see only what you want to see.I mean, i am no expert. Lao tzu philosophy was said to be sweet. But, i don't think he means that. Your focus can determine only your own subjective way of viewing things. Not the reality that is objective. For that to change you need more and there are limits, rules.. Etc. Not that i mind a good change in perspective myself. It's about harmony.sometimes it's achieved through acceptance. Othertimes it isn't. The way(dao).i could be wrong. You can correct me.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-24-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    When most people say that nowadays, they mean the 2016 one i.e. the start of the current run, not the original.
    Not really. Sometimes you'll get both mentioned but 2009 Rebirth is still the most common rec. Then it goes 2016, then New 52, then Waid.

Astonishing Member

Not much choice. Those force fields took the matter out of his hands. He was trapped with a raging Sith Lord who wasn't going to wait for Qui-Gon's padawan to catch up.

He could've stepped backwards to meet back up with Kenobi. Maul was waiting for them.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It doesn't help that it started the "dead mom, imprisoned father" origin.
    It didn't only ruin the Flash Family, it also ruined The Flash's Family.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

And does it matter to Barry fans? Doesn't seem like it. Certainly doesn't matter to me.

And its established emotion drives some of it, too...Wally was running out of his mind in Flash War from grief. It's not like he left Barry miles behind. People exaggerate like crazy.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Don't know about ruin, but it didn't do Flash any good.

EVERYTHING can be undone.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

It tainted the entire DCU. I find what was done to WW unforgivable

I'd say that we're only now fully recovering from it with the current arc in Flash, but it's hard to tell for sure without knowing what's coming for DC after Death Metal is over.

Regardless, it took 10 years to get to this point.

Yeah, the entire Flash Family is now back on the board. It's just up to future Flash writers to use them!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman