Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 125
  1. #76
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Salem Center, NY
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Kurt should have bothered thinking for two seconds before he initiated contact with someone whose mutation made casual touch a potentially painful subject. He also berated himself as an idiot for forgetting that point, recall.
    Well yes, that happened after the joking - when Rogue stops him from whacking into a tree when she pushes him off and then calls her his hero, after, he jokingly asks to kiss her as a reward and she drops him into the water because of it. But he took it very seriously when he realized what he had done. I'm thinking about those that came after Rogue on the subject of the asking.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-30-2020 at 09:53 PM.

  2. #77
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,331

    Default

    All court process fees regarding Rogue's tendency towards sexual assault are taken care off by the Avengers, same as Tony.

  3. #78
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    seattle washington
    Posts
    3,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    prefer the trench coat look.
    me too
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

  4. #79
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,991

    Default

    That Lienil Yu illustration of Kurt and Cerise is so beauty-full.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  5. #80
    Incredible Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    OH! I wonder who will be on Kurts team? I'm assuming there will be a team since it says he'll be leading a mission. Who would you like to see on it?
    Good question. And, as a Council member, shouldn’t he have security with him? I thought after the unfortunate incident with Charles, having a Quiet Councillor just ‘pop out’ on a job was against the rules?

  6. #81
    Astonishing Member King_Thor13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Seems like these Giant-Size issues are reserved for the Quiet Council. I wonder if the last one will be for •—[A]—•. Given Nightcrawler’s role in whatever X-Men #7 entails plus his talk with Wolverine about souls, I wonder if this will also be an issue centered around life and death. Thunderbird’s silhouette certainly evokes that feeling.
    An Apocalypse issue certainly seems plausible. It'd be even better if Sinister and/or Exodus featured. Those character dynamics...
    I wonder who will be on artist duties for the last Giant-Size too

    Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

    OH! I wonder who will be on Kurts team? I'm assuming there will be a team since it says he'll be leading a mission. Who would you like to see on it?
    Assuming there is a team of course, I'd select Abyss, Banshee, Kylun, Trance & Trinary to follow Kurt's lead.

  7. #82
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    212

    Default

    I hope that Alan Davis and Hickman will come up with a new team of X-Men which includes Nightcrawler.

  8. #83
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    I look forward to this book. I love Nightcrawler and I am still sad that he isn't on a team as a regular member (I feel the same for Archangel). Nightcrawler is the best as the suave swashbuckler but I also like it when they focus some on his faith. It makes him more relatable. Nightcrawler and Beast have these fantastical appearances but both are extremely relatable due to their personalities and interests.

    I thought Hickman did well with Nightcrawler in House of X. He felt youthful and fun.

  9. #84
    Incredible Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Q
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I look forward to this book. I love Nightcrawler and I am still sad that he isn't on a team as a regular member (I feel the same for Archangel). Nightcrawler is the best as the suave swashbuckler but I also like it when they focus some on his faith. It makes him more relatable. Nightcrawler and Beast have these fantastical appearances but both are extremely relatable due to their personalities and interests.

    I thought Hickman did well with Nightcrawler in House of X. He felt youthful and fun.
    I’m pretty sure he’s going to turn up on a team.
    It says he’s leading the investigation in this book; that’s possibly a clue to his future role?

    I don’t really think I’ve seen enough of Mr Hickman writing him yet to decide if I like how he handles Kurt.
    But he did write him in a scene which was a Crowning Moment of Awesome and will be referenced for years.
    ‘Radiant, and with arms open’
    So I have high hopes.

  10. #85
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Salem Center, NY
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    An Apocalypse issue certainly seems plausible. It'd be even better if Sinister and/or Exodus featured. Those character dynamics...
    I wonder who will be on artist duties for the last Giant-Size too



    Assuming there is a team of course, I'd select Abyss, Banshee, Kylun, Trance & Trinary to follow Kurt's lead.
    I like the idea of Banshee and he's barely interacted with him since the old ANAD days but thats it for the senior members (for me) the rest I'd like to see newer characters that are not being used or characters he hasn't interacted with much with or not at all so I like your choice of Trance.

    I'd like to add my own pick: How about Synch?

  11. #86
    Incredible Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I like the idea of Banshee and he's barely interacted with him since the old ANAD days but thats it for the senior members (for me) the rest I'd like to see newer characters that are not being used or characters he hasn't interacted with much with or not at all so I like your choice of Trance.

    I'd like to add my own pick: How about Synch?
    I’d like more of Trinary, interesting power-set, nice character.
    And always happy to see Sean.

  12. #87
    Mighty Member sungila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dawnland
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    I love Alan Davis!

    I wish he wasn't drawing this book.

    I wish Pepe Larraz was drawing this book.

    Hickman is perfect.

    This is such a wonderful surprise.

    My problem with Davis drawing this book is the Reload era Kurt he drew which felt inflated and stiff and the last Claremont penned solo which was sad and ghostly but in moments of action, depressed and clumsy.

    I feel like creators who establish such iconic and important looks and voices for their favorite characters come into that 'favoriteness' and that is like, the important moments in lifetimes. There's a certain somebody we all imagine we see or hear when we think of ourselves but we change and grow and it's amazing how new you can look to yourself or sound when you have a new moment...

    I feel like I was just getting to know and fall deeply and madly in love with Hickman/Larraz Nightcrawler.

    For me, for Kurt, for you - I would like you to feel an awe in your body...like you just broke from a Golden shell into a present prime wonderment of lithe and sexy possibility, these are your hands, your arms...and yet, how amazing...how incredible!
    Last edited by sungila; 01-20-2020 at 06:22 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

  13. #88
    Incredible Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    I love Alan Davis!

    I wish he wasn't drawing this book.

    I wish Pepe Larraz was drawing this book.

    Hickman is perfect.

    This is such a wonderful surprise.

    My problem with Davis drawing this book is the Reload era Kurt he drew which felt inflated and stiff and the last Claremont penned solo which was sad and ghostly but in moments of action, depressed and clumsy.

    I feel like creators who establish such iconic and important looks and voices for their favorite characters come into that 'favoriteness' and that is like, the important moments in lifetimes. There's a certain somebody we all imagine we see or hear when we think of ourselves but we change and grow and it's amazing how new you can look to yourself or sound when you have a new moment...

    I feel like I was just getting to know and fall deeply and madly in love with Hickman/Larraz Nightcrawler.

    For me, for Kurt, for you - I would like you to feel an awe in your body...like you just broke from a Golden shell into a present prime wonderment of lithe and sexy possibility, these are your hands, your arms...and yet, how amazing...how incredible!
    I understand your qualms, Alan is my favourite artist, always will be, but I’m not familiar with his current work. And it will look different to newer, younger artists. But I know one thing; it will be drawn with love.

  14. #89
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    An Apocalypse issue certainly seems plausible. It'd be even better if Sinister and/or Exodus featured. Those character dynamics...
    I wonder who will be on artist duties for the last Giant-Size too
    I feel like an •—[A]—• issue drawn by Jerome Opeña is only fitting.

  15. #90
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    An argument can be made whether Rachel is introverted enough to wear a trench-coat in combat. On paper, she absolutely is, given her tormented history. But after years in spiked skin-tight leather, I have a hard time thinking she'd cover up. But then I look at the Starjammer Blues' halter and midriff and think: that is too much skin.
    Well, even out of costume in Excalibur, she had a few instances where Kitty reacted like she was wearing Something Really Shocking (I think it was a leather minidress and a Very 80s Jacket, but I'd have to check)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •