Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I too prefer our swashbuckling Elf, or a story with Mommy Dearest, but, currently, any port in a storm, I’ll not be churlish, I’d have accepted 42 pages of him working on drainage reports for The Council just to watch Alan draw him again.

There’s not much to go on.
    Bug legs, possibly Sidri?
    Bats?
    Rachel?
    John Proudstar/Thunderbird?
    Not seeing an immediate connection between these elements.

It’s looking like a horror story, that’s all I’ve got.
    No idea what Hickman is planning, but I don’t think Alan can do anything without injecting some humour into it.
    I like him in supernatural tales, like The Gift or the XMen annual with Dracula.

I’m wondering if he’s looking at a run in with Mephisto or Dyspare?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The Shi'ar empire is very important to the future of mutants. Lilandra and Xavier had a mutant-Shi'ar child, Kurt and Cerise can follow in those footsteps.
    YoFlame knows things.
    Aliens, like humans (Kyle), are allowed on Krakoa...with permission.
    Nightcrawler+Cerise=LOVE goals.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Beast and Wonderman have been together since the 70s how dare you
    Interspecies relationship. Basically bestiality. Very appropriate.

That's fantastic.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

This is one of the best pages in the medium.
    It’s just delightful, on so many levels. So. Many. Jokes.
    Bu also, so much good art, just look at the body language of all the characters.
    If you’ve never read DR and Quinch, by Alan and Alan (Davis and Moore), you really should. Comedy from the pages of 2000AD.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Unfff the arms on her.
    Healthy, strapping, young lass. Just the ticket.

The Shi'ar empire is very important to the future of mutants. Lilandra and Xavier had a mutant-Shi'ar child, Kurt and Cerise can follow in those footsteps.
    I had quite forgotten that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    I like him in supernatural tales, like The Gift or the XMen annual with Dracula.

I’m wondering if he’s looking at a run in with Mephisto or Dyspare?
    We’ve not had much metaphysical/magical stuff in Dawn of X yet.
    And Kurt hasn’t been given a clearly defined role.
    Plus his father is a demon* and on Krakoa so it’s possible Mr Hickman may be playing with that part of the mutant sandbox here.

*which I hate, hate, hate as an origin as it goes against all Kurt’s years of mutant-who-looks-like-a-demon-but-really-isn’t.
    I’m firmly on team Darkholme/Adler as his parents, have been ever since the rumour first came out.

I'm really excited to see how Hickman writes Kurt when he's important to the story. I'm undecided on how much I like him, but for the most part I've enjoyed what he does with the X-men so far, although I don't know how long I'd want this particular style to last. Throwing Alan Davis in is extra win.

The cover itself is such a throwback style-wise. While I appreciate that, I also think that Crawler gets paired with throwback stuff a lot. Like "Hey! It's Kurt! Time for the good old days!" That's nice and all, but the good old days never REALLY come back... I'd like to see a Nightcrawler led story being current and interesting rather than a nod to the past.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Davis drawing Kurt is straightaway 75% of the comic-book OK for me, so I don't really mind if the writing is not so good (although I obviously prefer it's so)

Also, I would like it as a horror story. I enjoyed a lot those minis by Aguirre-Sacasa & Robertson, in a Hellblazer way, and I wouldn't mind something in that mood.

RE: Cover. Definitly they're Sidri.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinnaminion View Post
    I'm really excited to see how Hickman writes Kurt when he's important to the story. I'm undecided on how much I like him, but for the most part I've enjoyed what he does with the X-men so far, although I don't know how long I'd want this particular style to last. Throwing Alan Davis in is extra win.

The cover itself is such a throwback style-wise. While I appreciate that, I also think that Crawler gets paired with throwback stuff a lot. Like "Hey! It's Kurt! Time for the good old days!" That's nice and all, but the good old days never REALLY come back... I'd like to see a Nightcrawler led story being current and interesting rather than a nod to the past.
    Yes, it’s a bit of a balancing act. It’s interesting in that it’s Hickman writing it.
    Kurt is a character who really needs a soft reboot; for all their snark, Truck Frump was correct in last year’s thread when complaining about the lack of consistent development over the years.
    With his family connections (both parents on Krakoa, one on the ruling Council), past work connections (long serving member of the premier team) and his own position on The Quiet Council there should be lots to work with.
    And, as an artist, let me tell you, he’s a delight to draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Davis drawing Kurt is straightaway 75% of the comic-book OK for me, so I don't really mind if the writing is not so good (although I obviously prefer it's so)

Also, I would like it as a horror story. I enjoyed a lot those minis by Aguirre-Sacasa & Robertson, in a Hellblazer way, and I wouldn't mind something in that mood.

RE: Cover. Definitly they're Sidri.
    They are, aren’t they. And they have a connection to the mansion, if not to Kurt, and to the Shi’ar which may be relevant.
    Of course, as frequently said, covers can be misleading.

Purchased !
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

The shadowed legs remind me of the Sidri from Uncanny 154 and 168.

Actually, later that night after I posted the Cerise pic I thought of the Sidri. That fits better I think. It'd be too much to hope for Cerise to make a return. sigh

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post

What do people think of Nightcrawler and Rachel dating again?
    They are going to be dating again? Is this something that Marvel said or is this just what you think will happen? I hope they won't. Not my ship. Let them stay friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I miss Cerise. I’d love to see her and Kurt get back together. Alas, she’s an alien, not a mutant...
    Me too. Or be friends with benefits with Betsy.

This is one of the best pages in the medium.
    Boy, Cerise really went after what she wanted. Mmmm. Once they were official I wonder how many times she dragged him to the bedroom at the end of a long mission. *fans self* I need to start writing ff again.

Kurt had to push off two women under the collar when you add Stacy to Cerise, lol.

Gross. Rachel should have gotten a restraining order a long while ago.

Ahem, this was a real cute scene between two friends and he was still in love with Amanda at the time. He tickled Rogue too not long before this to cheer her up. Ray actually made the first move in Gold remember? She peaked into his mind. And she seemed to be the one in charge when Kurt was unsure. And when she broke it off he moved on and they remained friends. Kurt always had a carefree approach to relationships unlike many X-Males that seem to hang to their old flames and that's why he still friends with Cerise and Amanda. Hell Ro (the sky dance)and Betsy (the flirting) made the first move in CC and Davis Reload when nothing else happened he didn't sulk and hang around them asking for more. He still saw them as friends. Kurt also told Brian that Meggan wasn't cheating on him and it was her powers and that she was faithful despite his attraction. Thats one thing you don't have to worry about with Kurt, he isn't a hanger on.

Oh and yes I like to point this out every chance I get (Sorry, Guggenheim if I'm overly critical but c'mon): Kurt and Rachel didn't kiss in Excalibur it was the spur of the moment kiss during the above mentioned X-Men Reload era and it wasn't addressed again until Gold over ten years later. It seems Kurt wasn't pining all that time. Ahem.

I said heterosexual. That means Beast and Colossus, that it..
    You know after I explained all that care free stuff with Kurt and his ability to move on and take it in stride...? Is it because he's just waiting for Logan? Kurt's bisexuality will be revealed some day.

You don’t want to be aggressively tickled by a blue demon with chode fingers?
    Hmm... I might not mind it if I can tickle him back and get a chance to feel that legendary velvet.

Beast belongs to Iceman. Marvel seemed to have forgotten they used to be BFs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnaminion View Post
    I agree 100% on this. I really didn't enjoy NC's series by Claremont because of this but I remember his ideas were going to be him moving forward and him commenting on Schism and seeking out Kitty as well as a Logurt roadtrip story too that was going to examine their friendship as it never had been before. Editorial rejected those ideas. You could tell CC was holding back and playing it safe. Another thing I keep hearing is how Nightcrawlers stories should be fun stories because that's his character and I'm like no... My actual favorite NC mini was the Icons one with him as a priest which really studied his character (Kurt barely even referred to his religion actually) and not the Cockrum one which I thought was a bit too silly. I love his swashbuckler persona but as play more than him being one. I prefer to see him as a stalking on rooftops street-level character like Spidey and Daredevil but still having his sense of humor intact, of course!
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-15-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Kurt was innocently reading a Theology book in his room in the page before this one before Stacy jumps him, lol. I may not count Stacy X since this is Austen and it came out of nowhere (she was pining after Warren). I don't know...

OH! I wonder who will be on Kurts team? I'm assuming there will be a team since it says he'll be leading a mission. Who would you like to see on it?
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-15-2020 at 10:50 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Ahem, this was a real cute scene between two friends and he was still in love with Amanda at the time. He tickled Rogue too not long before this to cheer her up.
    And Rogue broke his ribs as she damn well should have. There is no such thing as a friendly violation of boundaries. Someone needs to learn that no means no.

Im well aware of Guggenheim misogyny thank u.

And Rogue broke his ribs as she damn well should have. There is no such thing as a friendly violation of boundaries. Someone needs to learn that no means no.

Im well aware of Guggenheim misogyny thank u.
    Oh... your that serious? No Rogue didn't break his ribs and he proceeded to make jokes after. And Rogue forgave him but Kurt's a prankster and he isnt going to be asking someone if he can tickle them as it defeats the purpose. He may have some uh, tickling restraining orders out on him and me as well now that you've got me wondering because I've gotten into tickle fights myself. Kurt may need to charge the above ladies with sexual assault for the way they grabbed him and manhandles him, though. Um...

Did you read my above post on why you dont have to worry about a stalker Kurt?

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Oh... your that serious? No Rogue didn't break his ribs and he proceeded to make jokes after. And Rogue forgave him but Kurt's a prankster and he isnt going to be asking someone if he can tickle them as it defeats the purpose.
    Kurt should have bothered thinking for two seconds before he initiated contact with someone whose mutation made casual touch a potentially painful subject. He also berated himself as an idiot for forgetting that point.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 01-16-2020 at 12:09 AM.