Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default How would you have handled a FF/X Men mini?

It seems no one is much impressed by how Chip Zdarsky has portrayed the FF and X Men in his FF/X Men 2.0. So how would you have handled the same premise if you were writing the mini series? I think there's a good juxtaposition of themes with the first series namely FFvs X Men like the FF coming to cure Kitty and the X Men attempting to do the same for Franklin with Doom playing the dark horse but Zdarsky seems to have dropped the ball and unlike the first time the conflict hasn't been handled particularly well in this one. Anyway can you come up with a better version?

I think Chip has been doing a great job of character voices, personally. I don’t think the Dodsons were a good choice for the book, but overall it’s not bad.

Probably would’ve left Doom out though.

BANNED

The X-Men want to use Franklin Richards. He's possibly very sick, so this is a great opportunity for them to bring him to Krakoa. Xavier calls up his Illuminati bro and asks if he can examine Franklin because his condition could impact all mutants. Reed is like "nah". Xavier, understanding that Reed is pretty capable and understanding that he should be respectful, decides to **** off, but wishes the boy well.

A villain attacks and captures Franklin. Reed, suspicious, thinks Xavier and Co. did it. X-Man and FF fight for a bit before Reed and Sue realize the X-Men wouldn't steal someone's kid or invite them to Krakoa behind the more-than-respectable parents' backs. X&F team up, track down the villain, and kick ass,

Whether Franklin comes to Krakoa at the end, I could care less, but I mostly think he should stay a just FF character and don't care to have him as a regular X-Men appearance.

The end.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Why does there need to be a major conflict in the first place? Charles and Erik didn't need to go with the Marauders and Logan when they went to Yancy Street, they only went there as a show of power and force. This should have been a group of carefully selected X-Men - Kitty for reasons stated in the mini, Logan and Ororo because they were members of the Fantastic Four, Banshee and Emma because they were at one point Franklin's legal guardians - to discuss him coming to Krakoa and being helped with his mutation. No threat to just take him, no unnecessary yelling from the Fantastic Four as a result of the way the X-Men conducted themselves, no reason for the Fantastic Four to invade Krakoa. And go from there to having Reed, Hank, and the bright minds of Krakoa trying to figure out what is going on with Franklin's mutation, to them asking Victor for help and being largely double-crossed.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member

A sequel to Days of Future Present that builds up on Franklin Richards' relationship to the X-Men, properly addresses Reed's insecurities about him being a mutant and the Fantastic Four realizing they may be barrelling towards a Sentinel future.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Chip has two more issues before I do a full criticism. I would've just made the fisticuffs between the two teams not drag out so long.
    "Cable was right!"

I would have the x- men kill them. Then they would go home and have a big party.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

I would have hired a better artist.

Slow burning Daken/Johnny/Bobby love triangle with lots of drama.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Tell me more.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Tell me more.
    Spoiler: Johnny gets a taste of what's the 'new normal' in Krakoa

BANNED

kitty steals some hairs, leaves, rise of frakrakoa rixards

Sue exploding some brains or internal organs Without them noticing would have been cool

Fantastic Member

So much potential but it’s just so predictable. There’s no surprises at all.

I'd prefer like a single issue of Hickman's flagship addressing the Franklin-related plot threads he dropped in HOX . Idk how the plot would go but in the end X/FF come to whatever agreement he has planned to benefit his story
    If they wanna do a mini I'm down just make it an insane 80s homage with more emphasis on fun than the circular "we're right" "no, WE are" arguments and in-fighting between both teams. toss them a threat that forces them to work together im a sucker for that.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think Chip has been doing a great job of character voices, personally. I don’t think the Dodsons were a good choice for the book, but overall it’s not bad.

Probably would’ve left Doom out though.
    yeah Chip is very obviously a good writer from some of the character moments alone - I think this is a case of a writer being force-fed (for lack of a better phrase) a story by editorial and just having to make it work. I actually like the Dodson's art and im fine with Doom being there I just wish he was used in a more fun way, if that makes sense.

Spoiler: Johnny gets a taste of what's the 'new normal' in Krakoa
    you win

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    kitty steals some hairs, leaves, rise of frakrakoa rixards
    how devilish