BANNED

Default What are the hardest Nes games?

Silver Surfer? Arkanoid?

TMNT the first one. Back in those days the internet didn't work so when a game came out you didn't know what to do or why you were stuck. No saves, no pauses and this game was awful.

Here's an article about it:
    https://kotaku.com/that-time-a-teena...era-1778291066

It wasn't just difficult, the game was actually broken, except nobody knew that at the time.

The Ninja Gaiden series got progressively more impossible with each installment. (I DID manage to beat the first two, but could never get past that rising lava stage in part 3.

Ghosts and Goblins was another one that I found Damn near impossible to pass the first stage, let alone win. Basically, one hit (two with armor) led to death and a restart at the beginning of the stage. The Silver Surfer was similar to this, only with the added bonus of not being able to touch the walls on continuously scrolling screen. (Somehow, I beat the Surfer though, and the ending was NOT worth the stress.)

Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest had some ridiculous puzzles to solve, unless you had a guide.

Friday the 13th was made by LJN, a very bad video game producer that snapped up a lot of popular franchises. The shoddy dodge mechanic led to many a death at Jason's hands.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Years ago I joked about Festers Quest and it was good to see AVGN cover it. Fester already moved barely and imagine limited health as he'd take another hit that made him move...slower !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Gaiden and Castlevania were pretty infamous for their flying foes, the Medusas and the eagles, especially when making difficult jumps; although in both cases the right items could help counter them.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ducktales was a beast too. Don't let that theme song deceive you.

Battletoads was a fairly easy game where you literally hit a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Years ago I joked about Festers Quest and it was good to see AVGN cover it. Fester already moved barely and imagine limited health as he'd take another hit that made him move...slower !
    With out the "turbo" controller that game was completely useless

I hated this game with a passion

Last edited by Moon Ronin; 01-17-2020 at 02:09 PM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Virtually any game Nerd has done could be on this list.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua