Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    In any case, we don't know for sure if this was the final script and so on. Everyone confirms that it's real.
    https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-rise-o...w-script-real/

If you folks thought that was crazy. There was other scripts and directors.

There is a Bay version. Don't know much about this one.
    Disney originally reached out to Michael Bay. Apparently Finn and Poe get into a shootout at a Twi'lek dance club and Finn uses the Force to guide a laser bolt through the club to shoot someone in the head. The laser blast changes direction eight times. It's would have been a great shot because Bay would have done it ALL in first person.

Wes Anderson. I don't have much info on this one. Anderson wanted to fire John Williams and replace him with a vitrola that played records from the 70s that covered hits from the 60s done as flutophone instrumentals. Lightsaber would be replaced with long sticks with flags on them. The Force would be an actual family who runs a lighting business. The climatic final battle is a slapfight at a farmer's market. I'm told it was just too twee for Disney.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Wes Anderson. I don't have much info on this one. Anderson wanted to fire John Williams and replace him with a vitrola that played records from the 70s that covered hits from the 60s done as flutophone instrumentals. Lightsaber would be replaced with long sticks with flags on them. The Force would be an actual family who runs a lighting business. The climatic final battle is a slapfight at a farmer's market. I'm told it was just too twee for Disney.
    Wes Anderson is a big Star Wars fan, and he has a real vision. I like his movies, though I think Anderson would be more interested in doing his own original story than adapting or working with pre-established IP.

The problem is that there really isn't anyone can who can build Star Wars after Lucas. No one can do it. People who bring up TESB and Kershner neglect how much Lucas was involved in that movie. Before Kershner and Kasdan were contracted, Lucas already decided on the story, the twists, created the new characters and settings, and the overall character arcs. ROTJ, ditto.

Rian Johnson largely works in small genre pieces, and is a writer first, and not someone with a big visual sensibility. JJ Abrams even less than Johnson.

Any director who has a visual imagination and inventiveness to rival Lucas would simply prefer to do their stuff rather than work with Star Wars. I mean this was why, when Lucas asked David Cronenberg and David Lynch to direct ROTJ they both passed. Both of them had the visual invention and richness comparable (and in some cases, greater) than Lucas but they preferred doing their stuff.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 01-15-2020 at 02:35 PM.

I finally read the Tremorrow's version and I like it a lot better. its definitely a more meatier story to the generic superhero type of story we got in ROS.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I finally read the Tremorrow's version and I like it a lot better. its definitely a more meatier story to the generic superhero type of story we got in ROS.
    Wonder if that was because it truly is "meatier" or just because of the way the movie was edited? (Also, I have noticed that the last movies of the trilogy tend to be the most plot-centric after the previous two set up the characters.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)