Mighty Member

Default What happen to the spider-man mini

The last on with 3? did the other 2 come out or its delayed

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

It got pushed back until February 19th.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It got pushed back until February 19th.
    Even longer delays.. Issue 4 now pushed back till April 8th, Issue 5 pushed back till May 27th. At this point will anyone really care?

It's been a while since something was delayed this badly.

We don't see this in Marvel/ DC comics that often, for good (all things being equal, late comics suck) and bad (prioritizing deadlines over quality/ artistic consistency.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

There's the conspiracy answer:
    They're doing some heavy rewrites because the story didn't turn out exactly how they liked and they're starting over with #4 & #5.

Or the most likely answer:
    They just never finished the scripts on time (and considering the history with comics and Hollywood talent, that's not a surprise)

I guess you could also say possibly Sara Pichelli needs that time to finish the art, but she's never been someone who couldn't keep up with a monthly schedule, so I doubt that.

Why even announce it when they did if it wasn't ready? A mini-series like this should have enough leeway from solicitation to release for the artist to complete it, there's no good excuse. Sounds like it was already a project that was taking years and years to get off the ground so when it was finally in production, why not do it right instead of treating it like every other release? They could have even just waited and even released it as a big graphic novel in one pop with that JJ buzz instead of fizzling it out like bit by bit like a slow, sad death.

Apparently, nobody on this forum except for me and a few people liked it, so why bother anymore? It'll be forgotten and discarded into the garbage. Why even care?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    There's the conspiracy answer:
    They're doing some heavy rewrites because the story didn't turn out exactly how they liked and they're starting over with #4 & #5.

Or the most likely answer:
    They just never finished the scripts on time (and considering the history with comics and Hollywood talent, that's not a surprise)

I guess you could also say possibly Sara Pichelli needs that time to finish the art, but she's never been someone who couldn't keep up with a monthly schedule, so I doubt that.
    The last time a Spider-Man mini got delayed like this, it was Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do, and that took three years (I think) to finish. I hope the same doesn't happen with this, as for whatever flaws it had, killing off Mary Jane in the first issue chief among them, it was at least an interesting premise, and I'd like to see more. spoilers:
    I mean, they can't end it on cyborg-zombie Avengers, right?
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Apparently, nobody on this forum except for me and a few people liked it, so why bother anymore? It'll be forgotten and discarded into the garbage. Why even care?
    I liked it...up until issue #3. That's when I went, "WTF?!?" and stopped caring. Perfect stopping point.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 01-31-2020 at 05:41 PM.