Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I feel like modern Harley is pretty suffocating when paired with other character, and particularly so in the comics with Ivy, so I'm not really too fussed about her not being in this. Let Selina and Ivy strut their stuff without her for once.
    That really depends on the writer, and on DC allowing the other characters to shine. For all that I disliked the direction that Jody Houser had to take Harley and Ivy in the recent mini, she certainly managed to get the characters to work well together as peers without diluting their personalities.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    That really depends on the writer, and on DC allowing the other characters to shine. For all that I disliked the direction that Jody Houser had to take Harley and Ivy in the recent mini, she certainly managed to get the characters to work well together as peers without diluting their personalities.
    And that's great, but it seems to be the exception rather than the norm with modern Harley from what I've read.

Although I feel like the dynamic with the trio now would in general be fairly different from how it was depicted Post-Crisis because all three are very different characters now.

All-New Member

https://vinesnroses.blogspot.com/202...k-by-kody.html

Poison Ivy: Thorns - A new YA book by Kody Keplinger and Sara Kipin.

Quote Originally Posted by rosenrose View Post
    https://vinesnroses.blogspot.com/202...k-by-kody.html

Poison Ivy: Thorns - A new YA book by Kody Keplinger and Sara Kipin.
    Ivy finally gets her own young adult graphic novel! I think Gothic is a good fit for her .

Ivy finally gets her own young adult graphic novel! I think Gothic is a good fit for her .
    Makes sense as she was partly inspired by Nathaniel Hawthorne's short story Rappaccini's Daughter, itself an early 19th century gothic tragedy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Do you all get annoyed when in some depictions, they make Poison Ivy green, and in other instances, she's not green? Or does it not matter in the long run, as long as the stories and her characterization are good?
    The color of her skin is dependent on the artists and the books she is in. Since the new 52, mainline Batman books make Ivy look like a more humane character so that she fits into the grounded world while in other books her skin color is whatever the artists want it to be. There is a story that plays with the idea that green skin Ivy is her enraged plant side while human skin Ivy is her peaceful human side.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    The color of her skin is dependent on the artists and the books she is in. Since the new 52, mainline Batman books make Ivy look like a more humane character so that she fits into the grounded world while in other books her skin color is whatever the artists want it to be. There is a story that plays with the idea that green skin Ivy is her enraged plant side while human skin Ivy is her peaceful human side.
    The "human skin tone" Ivy was killed in Heroes in Crisis and then was reborn as green skinned.

Art page previews of Future State's Gotham City Sirens from Brazil's Comic Con XP

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Art page previews of Future State's Gotham City Sirens from Brazil's Comic Con XP

Ivy looks very peppy and casual in this .
    Should be fun. I'm eager to see how Ram V writes Ivy.

Ivy looks very peppy and casual in this .

Should be fun. I'm eager to see how Ram V writes Ivy.
    Finally!

I was hoping they would explore her connection to the Green more and get her away from the Bat books for a while! I wouldn't mind her being exclusive on Swamp Thing for an entire year to help revitalize her character!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

There's going to be a Harley & Ivy story (a full issue?) in upcoming anthology series Batman: Urban Legends this March

And speaking of history, the friendship/romance of Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy will be tackled head-on in a story by upcoming Harley Quinn writer Stephanie Phillips and Future State: The Next Batman artist Laura Braga. Set before the launch of Phillips' new Harley Quinn ongoing with artist Riley Rossmo, this Batman: Urban Legends story will "help Harley sort out her complicated history with Poison Ivy – but first she'll have to find her!"

I'm guessing this will explain Ivy's role (or possible lack there of) in Harley's new book.