Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Do you all get annoyed when in some depictions, they make Poison Ivy green, and in other instances, she's not green? Or does it not matter in the long run, as long as the stories and her characterization are good?
    I've gotten used to the inconsistency. The problem is her characterization is also all over the place.

She didn't let Joker breathe in Injustice Year Zero #8

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Is this Ivy talking, or Tom Taylor?

Shame she didn't actually kill him considering what we know happens next and what he had Harley do.

Wow! I really like this. Putting him in his place. She should do the rounds on all toxic male characters putting them where they belong.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

That seems pretty in character for Ivy, I mean, in general

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That seems pretty in character for Ivy, I mean, in general
    Yeah, I will freely admit it's totally in-character I just think it also 100% matches Tom Taylor's opinion .

Well, this was unexpected. Ivy's Sporelings will return in the Flash Facts Anthology middle-grade graphic novel with science based short stories. Ivy and the Sporelings will appear in a story about DNA written by Cycle of Life and Death's Amy Chu.

https://twitter.com/AmyChu/status/1331681520843624448

Well, this was unexpected. Ivy's Sporelings will return in the Flash Facts Anthology middle-grade graphic novel with science based short stories. Ivy and the Sporelings will appear in a story about DNA written by Cycle of Life and Death's Amy Chu.

That's awesome !

Speaking of completely unexpected returns, Future State includes backup stories featuring the Gotham City Sirens, but instead of Harley, there's a new "Siren".

Gotham City Sirens: Written by Paula Sevenbergen. Art by Emanuela Lupacchino.

This story will feature Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Siren getting into trouble in Gotham City. That’s something that Magistrate won’t like!

Gotham City Sirens will be featured in Future State: The Next Batman #2 and #4.

Issue #2 available: January 19th, 2021
    Issue #4 available: February 16th, 2021
    Wait, THAT Siren?!

Good to see Amy Chu return to Ivy, even if only for a one-shot!

I'm definitely of two minds about the Future State backup stories with Gotham City Sirens. For one, it's nice to see a return to the concept. For another, Ivy deserves a semi-regular appearance. But with the removal of Harley, it seems like another step in de-queering Harley and Ivy. Also, I think Harley's presence was and is vital in order to make Catwoman and Ivy work together as characters.

It also makes me wonder what the intent of Future State is, since we get two of DC's longest-running female characters returning to a title intended to showcase a new generation of heroes.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I am so here for this art! Ivy looks perfect and so glamoros. Very BTAS inspired and I love it. Wish this was a cartoon.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I am so here for this art! Ivy looks perfect and so glamoros. Very BTAS inspired and I love it. Wish this was a cartoon.
    I LOVE it, as well. It's been such a long time since I've seen her look so... "normal".

Speaking of completely unexpected returns, Future State includes backup stories featuring the Gotham City Sirens, but instead of Harley, there's a new "Siren".

Wait, THAT Siren?!

I'd love it if it was, but I think another synopsis indicates the new Siren is a robot.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Good to see Amy Chu return to Ivy, even if only for a one-shot!

I'm definitely of two minds about the Future State backup stories with Gotham City Sirens. For one, it's nice to see a return to the concept. For another, Ivy deserves a semi-regular appearance. But with the removal of Harley, it seems like another step in de-queering Harley and Ivy. Also, I think Harley's presence was and is vital in order to make Catwoman and Ivy work together as characters.

It also makes me wonder what the intent of Future State is, since we get two of DC's longest-running female characters returning to a title intended to showcase a new generation of heroes.
    Honestly I feel like modern Harley is pretty suffocating when paired with other character, and particularly so in the comics with Ivy, so I'm not really too fussed about her not being in this. Let Selina and Ivy strut their stuff without her for once.

Future State seems to be about as much the new generation as it is major new directions for the established names.

And then she tried to kill Harley in Injustice 2.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And then she tried to kill Harley in Injustice 2.
    In Injustice, Superman went from being a world saver to becoming a world dictator. Characters do 180° in Injustice universe.