Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    From Harley Quinn Black + White + Red #1 by Stjepan Sejic.

Attachment 98875
    One of Ivy's better plant-based looks in my opinion. Especially compared to what she was sporting post-HiC.

Harley Quinn Black + White + Red has semi-regularly been giving us alternate versions of Ivy. This is from Issue #4 where Harley is a punk rock/pop artist.

Update on Stjepan Sejic's DC Black Label title Isley set in the same continuity as his Harleen. Apparently DC approved the idea but Sejic's health deteriorated soon after, which is why it is currently on hiatus until he recovers. So that's good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Harley Quinn Black + White + Red has semi-regularly been giving us alternate versions of Ivy. This is from Issue #4 where Harley is a punk rock/pop artist.

The style reminds me of the Harley Quinn cartoon, just with normal skin.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Update on Stjepan Sejic's DC Black Label title Isley set in the same continuity as his Harleen. Apparently DC approved the idea but Sejic's health deteriorated soon after, which is why it is currently on hiatus until he recovers. So that's good to hear.
    Well, I wish him a speedy recovery. His health comes first for sure. I hope that once he is well DC will still let him do it. Only time will tell.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Well, I wish him a speedy recovery. His health comes first for sure. I hope that once he is well DC will still let him do it. Only time will tell.
    I think DC will publish it, unless things go seriously awry with them. Harleen was both a critical and a commercial success, and Sejic mentioned somewhere that DC was willing to recruit an artist to draw Sejic's script. He declines since he wanted to keep full creative control, but it gives a sense that DC wants to get this story out.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

All-New Member

These are from a collection of original images by my creative partners, a few of which were posted elsewhere.

I would be buying a comic that took Ivy and her occasional bond with Batman seriously.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...or-poison-ivy/

So I feel like it's a grain of salt moment here, but I would love more Ivy, not sure I like Queen Ivy. But, still, I'm sure this may not be true, cause no source was given haha
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

So I feel like it's a grain of salt moment here, but I would love more Ivy, not sure I like Queen Ivy. But, still, I'm sure this may not be true, cause no source was given haha

Bleeding Cool claims to have their own sources working for DC who leak stuff to them. It could be in the planning stages. Creative team will make or break this concept.

Artist/writer Dan Panosian is teasing an upcoming Ivy project on his Twitter. Looks amaze

Remember this? It's apparently from Dark Nights: Death Metal #4 releasing October 13th.

Meanwhile, main continuity Ivy will next be seen in a story compiled in The Joker War Zone, out on September 29. Art by Laura Braga:

Bleeding Cool claims to have their own sources working for DC who leak stuff to them. It could be in the planning stages. Creative team will make or break this concept.
    curious to see how it develops. Maybe they'll have Queen Ivy and Poison Ivy running around. The idealistic green skinned extreme activist with no problem in killing, and on the other hand the skin toned, more human, queer icon anti-hero on the other side.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I don't think we need two versions of Ivy, but I guess at the rate people disagree on how she should be depicted/handled, it would be one way of resolving that.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    curious to see how it develops. Maybe they'll have Queen Ivy and Poison Ivy running around. The idealistic green skinned extreme activist with no problem in killing, and on the other hand the skin toned, more human, queer icon anti-hero on the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think we need two versions of Ivy, but I guess at the rate people disagree on how she should be depicted/handled, it would be one way of resolving that.
    It actually sounds like they are trying to go a middle route to appease both factions by having Ivy take on a more leading role with an aspirational title (Queen Ivy), but at the same time retain some of her traditional extremist tendencies where threats to the environment are concerned.

I'm fine with the sound of that. Again, it will come down to the actual execution and the creatives hired to pull it off.

As Confuzzled says, Bleeding Cool has their own sources within DC (how long that will last given the recent layoffs is another question), and there is usually something there whenever Bleeding Cool says there is smoke at DC.

Not sure I like the Queen Ivy name. The description falls squarely within several classic Ivy stories (like Cast Shadows), and I think having two Ivies will satisfy no-one, especially if the recent Harley & Ivy mini was meant as a test balloon.

Agreed.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])