Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Speaking of Batman Family #17 in 1978, it revealed that Ivy shares the same birthday as Catwoman and Madame Zodiac (March 14).

^This seems like a proto Gotham City Sirens TBH.
    Awesome! I would LOVE to see a modern-day take of this particular line-up.

Speaking of Batman Family #17 in 1978, it revealed that Ivy shares the same birthday as Catwoman and Madame Zodiac (March 14).

^This seems like a proto Gotham City Sirens TBH.
    ...I didn't even know this .

I don't think Madame Zodiac has popped up in forever.

Stjepan Sejic posted some of his concepts for Isley over on twitter.

my concept for isley, if approved would definitely revolve around that old bit of folk wisdom: never meet your heroes.

there is a lot to unpack about that one. the humanizing element in this idea that between your idea of your idol and their reality, often there is a life's worth of mess, and they are no longer the people you expect them to be
    Four images over there as well.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Okay, so Ivy is immune to poison or venom but does she immune to virus and bacteria as well?
    Also what kind of venom? All-natural, manufactured, both? If she's immune to manufactured venom, how does that work? Does her skin adjust to new venom or does she research and inject herself with new formula every other time?

BANNED

All this is just Paul Dini writing her. The comics had already started using her as an anti-villain way before BTAS/TNBA (Neil Gaiman in his Black Orchid mini in 1986, Batman Family #17 in the 70's where she teamed up with Catwoman to stop Madame Zodiac) and the 90's comics started portraying her in a far more sympathetic light.
    It doesn't matter who writes what, Poison Ivy will be evil, that's final. Obey me DC !!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Stjepan Sejic posted some of his concepts for Isley over on twitter.

Four images over there as well.
    OMG, that Ivy is gorgeous...

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I really like the villain poison ivy. Lately, they turned her into a hero or something... :/ that doesn't sit right with me. I mean we are talking about poison ivy, she would kill you,if she saw you pull a leaf from a tree... And she fed people to her monstrous plants ocationaly. Ok, you will say she protects plant life and mother nature and stuff... so she has goodness in her. That's what i hear from the most people who want to see poison ivy as a hero....

Yeah, she sadisticly protects plants from other humans but not herself. She makes experimants on plants, gmo them, turn them into horrific monsters as it suits her... what the hell is kind of protection is that, It's just hippocracy... So i believe Poison Ivy is a villain no matter what DC say... 'cause it doesn't make one bit sense, she's not hero material and i like her as good Batman villian anyway.
    Pamela likes plants. The important part to her is that there are living plants. Less important is what SPECIES the plants are.

She also likes children apparently, since children haven't started ruining the environment yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Pamela likes plants. The important part to her is that there are living plants. Less important is what SPECIES the plants are.

She also likes children apparently, since children haven't started ruining the environment yet.
    pfft... lol

what the hell are you talking about... she gmo plants and make them move and stuff. Other than Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy, there are no living plants.

pfft... lol

what the hell are you talking about... she gmo plants and make them move and stuff. Other than Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy, there are no living plants.
    grass is a living thing... it's not ambulatory, but it's alive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    grass is a living thing... it's not ambulatory, but it's alive.
    All plants is alive............... english is my second lenguage, so i thought by living you mean moving or something. Ivy gmo all of them dude, gmo not just mean mixing plants, she mixis plants with animals and stuff, how are they gonna move other wise, even mixes them with humans. GMO them ruin plants life. Ok ?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Okay, so Ivy is immune to poison or venom but does she immune to virus and bacteria as well?
    Also what kind of venom? All-natural, manufactured, both? If she's immune to manufactured venom, how does that work? Does her skin adjust to new venom or does she research and inject herself with new formula every other time?
    In Contagion she was shown to be immune to a deadly disease causing virus. She also didn't seem to be affected by the virus/bacteria unleashed by Mr. Freeze in Scott Snyder's All-Star Batman.

In other media, she's been shown to be naturally immune to manufactured venom on multiple occasions (Joker's laughing gas in BTAS, Scarecrow's fear gas in the Harley Quinn show). Scarecrow had to incorporate her DNA into a special kind of venom to ensure she was vulnerable to it.

All plants is alive............... english is my second lenguage, so i thought by living you mean moving or something. Ivy gmo all of them dude, gmo not just mean mixing plants, she mixis plants with animals and stuff, how are they gonna move other wise, even mixes them with humans. GMO them ruin plants life. Ok ?
    That's not really how Ivy sees it. The important part is that they live.

DC Universe is spotlighting Ivy all this month: https://twitter.com/TheDCUniverse/st...43063373111296

Ivy and Harley go undercover as college co-eds in the next episode of Harley Quinn, as they continue their spree of wiping out the male members of the Rogue's Gallery, this time setting their sights on Riddler, who has taken over Gotham State University:

Ivy and Harley go undercover as college co-eds in the next episode of Harley Quinn, as they continue their spree of wiping out the male members of the Rogue's Gallery, this time setting their sights on Riddler, who has taken over Gotham State University:

Pigtails and overalls. Unexpected, but effective .