Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    She looks like she's just chilling at home, which is fine, but nothing about that design looks in any way regal.
    Not at all...I hope this is not her actual costume... I hate Ivy with "human"clothing.

She need her new costume to be made out of plants...and that crown looks like it has been made by a fourth grader.

But I adoooore the super long hair.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Honestly looking at that I wonder if we're getting casual nude Ivy .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly looking at that I wonder if we're getting casual nude Ivy .
    She's one of the few characters where I suppose it makes sense, but I still kind of like her making her own clothing from plantlife. For all her talk of not being human, Ivy has always been very hypocritical when it comes to that. She still has very human emotions and motivations as well as hangups. I think her wearing clothes addresses that visually rather nicely. For all her talk, Ivy is very human when you get right down to it.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Poison Ivy needs a young sidekick. Remember Honeysuckle from SUPER FRIENDS #1 & 2?

Honeysuckle.jpg

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Poison Ivy needs a young sidekick. Remember Honeysuckle from SUPER FRIENDS #1 & 2?

Honeysuckle.jpg
    Oh... the image was loading and I thought that was Ivy
    I was hoping for blonde

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post

Honeysuckle.jpg
    Wouldn't mind it, but I'm not sure if it would ever make sense for Ivy. Harley is basically (or should be) as much a sidekick to her as she was to Joker.

The "Ashes of Eden" story in the Joker War Zone just confirmed all the points in the Bleeding Cool article about Queen Ivy. The story is just a teaser setting up a big Ivy story in 2021 and introducing the Queen Ivy moniker, not much else.

Though it’s not clear just when Harley Quinn’s creative team will actually begin production, co-creators Patrick Schumacker and Justin Halpern already have a couple of solid-ass ideas as to where to take things that won’t just be another swear-filled rehash of what the show’s already done. In a recent interview with Deadline, the pair explained how—after exploring what it means to get out of a toxic relationship, and then following that up with a Harley-centric arc about how one goes about seeking out what it is they truly want in a romantic partner—they envision Harley Quinn taking a moment to pivot to Harleen’s newest (and arguably most appropriate) love interest: Poison Ivy.
    “We spent two years digging into Harley, and Ivy was her own character, but her stories were told mostly in relation to Harley,” Halpern said. “So, I think in this third season, it’d be interesting to flip that, and dig deeper into Ivy and her life, and tell some stories through her point of view.”
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/harley-quinn...f-g-1845253295

oh Ivy is a villain again I dont expect it to last long though
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The "Ashes of Eden" story in the Joker War Zone just confirmed all the points in the Bleeding Cool article about Queen Ivy. The story is just a teaser setting up a big Ivy story in 2021 and introducing the Queen Ivy moniker, not much else.

So...instead of "everyone loves Ivy" we're getting "Ivy finally plays hardball."
    I'm always down for more Ivy!

It'd be nice to see Ivy bring Gotham to its knees again. I miss when she had more agency in the DCU instead of being Harley's supporting cast.

I still hate that look, though.

It'd be nice to see Ivy bring Gotham to its knees again. I miss when she had more agency in the DCU instead of being Harley's supporting cast.

I still hate that look, though.
    I can't remember the last time I liked one of Ivy's costumes in the comics. Back when it looked like they were bringing back her classic look, maybe, but then they just brought back the New 52 costume for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't remember the last time I liked one of Ivy's costumes in the comics. Back when it looked like they were bringing back her classic look, maybe, but then they just brought back the New 52 costume for some reason.
    That had to be one of her worst looks ever. Man, the New 52 was rough to everyone in that Birds of Prey book.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

That had to be one of her worst looks ever. Man, the New 52 was rough to everyone in that Birds of Prey book.
    I don't know, I really kinda liked it. Under the right pen it was done really well and it had its practical purposes. But I know I'm the minority here haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Do you all get annoyed when in some depictions, they make Poison Ivy green, and in other instances, she's not green? Or does it not matter in the long run, as long as the stories and her characterization are good?
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 10-10-2020 at 06:46 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi