Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    BTAS Ivy is also my favorite Ivy.
    Agreed.

The absolute best!
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-05-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed.

The absolute best!
    Indeed she is. Count me as another BTAS Ivy fan. It was my first exposure to her character and is still my favorite incarnation.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Agreed.

The absolute best!
    Can't argue with this!

Agreed.

The absolute best!
    Agreed.

other writers and artists have tried to hard to make her more plant like and I think that distracts from the character itself. It makes her more generally superhuman and less deranged criminal. I just think the deranged criminal is more interesting than Girl-Swampthing.

Diane Pershing and BTAS are iconic, but Lake Bell's take is catching up on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

I don't care for Ivy with green skin, too plant-like. But hey, to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

I think Lake Bell is definitely going to be a well-remembered take on Ivy, but not one I can see being really replicated much. I can only really see her working like that on the show.

Pamela Isley made the best Bat-wife. (IE she created Susan McGuire)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsyEznrvuF8

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Lake Bell is definitely going to be a well-remembered take on Ivy, but not one I can see being really replicated much. I can only really see her working like that on the show.
    Yeah. Love the show's interpretation of Ivy. There are a lot of characters like that on the show, where they won't really work elsewhere because of the show's tone.
    I like plant powers Ivy and it is nice to have Swamp Thing characters to draw on besides Bat characters, but I'm concerned they're tying her to too much to the Green to allow Swamp Thing to have more freedom.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

They might "split the character" introducing Feronia (the Ancient Roman Goddess of wildlife, fertility and civilian rights), who may become the ruler of the Robinson Park (like Poison Ivy did during "No men's land"), making it an inhospitable place for the men and who may have a relationship with Poison Ivy similar to the one that Merlin had with King Arthur: Merlino was Arthur's mentor and adviser but never a boss. In this way Feronia could incarnate the "plant goddess" aspect of Poison Ivy, allowing to the writers the possibility to explore her human aspect, safeguarding at the same time her plant powers (or rather Feronia might become the source of Ivy's powers) and her criminal purpose.

I don't know if I have well explained my idea: I'm still working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Yeah. Love the show's interpretation of Ivy. There are a lot of characters like that on the show, where they won't really work elsewhere because of the show's tone.
    I like plant powers Ivy and it is nice to have Swamp Thing characters to draw on besides Bat characters, but I'm concerned they're tying her to too much to the Green to allow Swamp Thing to have more freedom.
    The Green is basically a force of nature. I think a better idea would be to have all plant powers pull from it. It's capable of powering multiple people so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The Green is basically a force of nature. I think a better idea would be to have all plant powers pull from it. It's capable of powering multiple people so why not?
    Yup. There are plenty of characters with connections to the Green other than Swamp Thing, like Floronic Man, Black Orchid, and Poison Ivy. What was different about Swamp Thing was that he was the avatar of the Green and the representative of the Parliament of Trees, but Justice League Dark stripped those away from him, and currently Floronic Man is trying to force himself into the role of the avatar of the new Parliament of Flowers.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Yup. There are plenty of characters with connections to the Green other than Swamp Thing, like Floronic Man, Black Orchid, and Poison Ivy. What was different about Swamp Thing was that he was the avatar of the Green and the representative of the Parliament of Trees, but Justice League Dark stripped those away from him, and currently Floronic Man is trying to force himself into the role of the avatar of the new Parliament of Flowers.
    That's my concern. There was the Rotworld arc from Swamp Thing a few years ago where the parliament of trees implied that the only replacement for Swamp Thing would be Poison Ivy. That, coupled with Swamp Thing no longer being a representative of the parliament, Ivy being totally plant after HiC, and Ivy distancing herself from the one person who kept her close to humanity makes me think they might be giving her Swamp Thing's position to allow more freedom for him.

I think DC is more concerned with burying Poison Ivy as much as they can. Or make her into a simple villain and demand that the fans of modern Ivy be happy about it.

«Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

For those interested a version of Ivy will play a pivotal role (alongside Swamp Thing and Man-Thing) in the first original story ark "Green Inferno" of my DC/Marvel crossover "Convergence Point" (she appears in the latest chapter setting up those events) -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1319924...vergence-Point

If so inclined, enjoy