Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Diane Pershing and BTAS are iconic, but Lake Bell's take is catching up on her.

She is really cute in this form though.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    For those interested a version of Ivy will play a pivotal role (alongside Swamp Thing and Man-Thing) in the first original story ark "Green Inferno" of my DC/Marvel crossover "Convergence Point" (she appears in the latest chapter setting up those events) -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1319924...vergence-Point

If so inclined, enjoy
    Heh, I'd actually been pondering a story concept set in the DCAU where Susan Maguire just kind of shows up at the Hall of Justice. The explanation for her survival is basically a "check the bodies next time". But why the Hall of Justice? Well, at the end of the episode, Batman tosses Bruce Wayne's wedding ring into the ocean. My idea: When Susan sees it she realizes that she'd actually married Batman. Which of course explains how Bruce Wayne was able to kick her butt earlier. When she shows up at the Hall of Justice she brings both rings with her. Needless to say Batman is A: not happy to see her, and B: REALLY not happy that he accidentally blew his secret identity. She doesn't actually tell anyone outside the League though.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed she is. Count me as another BTAS Ivy fan. It was my first exposure to her character and is still my favorite incarnation.
    Me too. BTAS made me an Ivy fan for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can't argue with this!
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Agreed.

other writers and artists have tried to hard to make her more plant like and I think that distracts from the character itself. It makes her more generally superhuman and less deranged criminal. I just think the deranged criminal is more interesting than Girl-Swampthing.
    To the utmost, I agree. Ivy should look human as much as possible. She's much more dangerous that way, IMHO.

The bizarre Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy mini was a sales performer right till the end, with the last issue bowing with a high note of 34.45K (including variants), just 1K behind the DEBUT of Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey(!), and more than 12K ahead of the Harley Quinn solo.

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-02.html

With this and the breakout success of Harleen, (made it to the New York Times Bestsellers list), there's no reason to deny Stjepan Sejic's Isley any more.

So right now Poison Ivy is more anti hero than a major villain. How do you guys feel about this? For a while Ivy has had boundaries like not killing children. Does she no longer killing people?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So right now Poison Ivy is more anti hero than a major villain. How do you guys feel about this? For a while Ivy has had boundaries like not killing children. Does she no longer killing people?
    A more heroic Ivy just doesn't interest me as much to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    According to Everyone Loves Ivy, Rebirth Ivy has never killed anyone.

I think that may be a bit too much. She needs to at least (want to) kill the despicables. It was pretty awesome when Ives tossed Mistah J into the vat of chemicals.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    I thin she is a wonderful ecoterrorist, but like crime fighter is useless to the franchise.
    That's because she no longer remains tied to the franchise, and instead becomes her own franchise/deuteragonist to Harley's franchise/one-third of Gotham City Sirens.

Which I am totally down for as More Ivy is obviously good!

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

What do you mean with franchise?
    When I have used the word franchise: I meant every title/character related to Gotham; maybe I made a mistake using the word in that way.

What do you mean with franchise?
    When I have used the word franchise: I meant every title/character related to Gotham; maybe I was wrong to use the word with that meaning.
    A heroic, overpowered nature goddess suddenly becomes disruptive to a noir-esque Bat franchise which prides itself on being more "street", but she infinitely grows more possibilities for her own stories, or even stories with other Gotham characters (if not in Gotham exactly) with higher stakes.

I wonder if that's one of the reasons the HQ show adapted Cataclysm and shook up (no pun) the status quo of Gotham, literally razing it to the ground, as Ivy was way too overpowered in context of the city as it was. When The Joker took over the city, they literally had to take her off the board to even the stakes for Harley and co. And we saw what happened as soon as she returned.

A post-apocalyptic setting in Season 2 would definitely higher the stakes for a superpowered anti-heroine like Ivy, especially with no Batman to help protect what remains of the city.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 03-20-2020 at 12:37 PM.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    A heroic, overpowered nature goddess suddenly becomes disruptive to a noir-esque Bat franchise which prides itself on being more "street", but she infinitely grows more possibilities for her own stories, or even stories with other Gotham characters (if not in Gotham exactly) with higher stakes.
    […]
    Well I agree with you and I don't think it is a good idea make Poison Ivy some kind of hero: I don't see in her the charisma needed to create a successful franchise and in the Harley Quinn's franchise she would create the problems of balance of power you have just pointed out.

I don't see in her the charisma...
    That's... an odd opinion to have in a Poison Ivy Appreciation thread.

Trailer for Season 2 is out. And yup, it seems to be based on No Man's Land (no Robinson Park orphans in sight tho).