Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Why didn't Hasbro set GIJOE and TF in the same universe?

I think it was a HUGE mistake, even in the cartoon they are in the same universe.

GIJOE cannot stand on its own, and with GIJOE we won't have to endure those boring human characters in TF.

Isnt that what they were supposedly gonna do? Along with some other Hasbro IPs. Maybe the DCEU stumbles and the Failure of the Dark Universe changed their mind. More likely it's the fact the transformers movies declined in popularity. But that was the supposed plan not that long ago. Maybe it still is I dont know

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Isnt that what they were supposedly gonna do? Along with some other Hasbro IPs. Maybe the DCEU stumbles and the Failure of the Dark Universe changed their mind. More likely it's the fact the transformers movies declined in popularity. But that was the supposed plan not that long ago. Maybe it still is I dont know
    TF was a success before the start of MCU, GIJOE should have set in the same universe.

given the military co-characters in several of the Transformers movies, you could argue that GI Joe types were unofficially a part of those films. The Josh Duhamel character was more or less Duke, for example. Works for me. The Tyrese character came across like Alpine.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    TF was a success before the start of MCU, GIJOE should have set in the same universe.
    Ok your asking why they didnt do it from the jump. Yea I dont know but they did plan to do it later and for all I know they might still be planning that. We got a snake eyes movie coming. Rumors were John Cena's character from Bumble bee would also be in a GI joe movie but I dont see that happening now.

GiJoe could have stood on its own, it did as a cartoon, comic, and toyline for years, but they were terrible movies. Also the recently made GiJoe Resolute and short live animated series were pretty good too.

GI Joe and Transformers have nothing in common. There's no point to force them together. (Also, as far as the Transformers movies having boring characters, the answer to that is just have good writing, like in Bumblebee.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)