Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Default Substitute Isekai Program

Every Isekai protagonist is replaced by the following characters from the beginning of their series:

1) Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)

2) Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

3) Izuku "Deku" Midoriya (My Hero Academia)

4) Saitama (One Punch Man)

5) Vegeta (Dragon Ball Super)

6) Arale (Dr. Slump)

Each of these characters have their own powers in addition to the abilities of the various Isekai protags (provided that they would end up in the same situations where the original protagonists got their abilities). How would each of them handle the trials and tribulations of the various Isekai universes?

Bonus: How well would a Composite Isekai Protagonist do in each of their replacements' respective universes?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

For starters, they probably don't behave like a bunch of sociopathic shitheads perfectly capable of rationalizing any kind of crappy action.

I've pretty much given up on checking anything with the tag 'Isekai'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    For starters, they probably don't behave like a bunch of sociopathic shitheads perfectly capable of rationalizing any kind of crappy action.

I've pretty much given up on checking anything with the tag 'Isekai'.
    *Side-eyes Vegeta*

Well, not any more, I guess.

Still, I was thinking more stuff like Digimon, Sword Art Online, and KonoSuba, though seeing everyone in Rise of Shield Hero or Familiar of Zero try and discriminate against Saitama, Vegeta, and Arale would probably be hilarious.

I'm similarly amused by the thought of seeing everyone be limited to the approximate stats of everyone else in Sword Art Online due tob it being a video game, followed by most/all of them causing mass freak-outs by being the only person able to respawn because there Nerve Gear is unable to actually do any significant damage to them if they die. Especially Saitama, considering how he behaves while playing video games, or Luffy not being able to log in at all, depending on how his rubber body's passive ability to completely nullify massive amounts of electricity interacts with Nerve Gear's functions.

Also, would The Chronicles of Narnia count as an isekai?