Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I wanted to contribute something good, but I read the topic post and just laughed long and hearty. And then I was sad realizing that the short answers are 'we can't' and 'we never will'

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I wanted to contribute something good, but I read the topic post and just laughed long and hearty. And then I was sad realizing that the short answers are 'we can't' and 'we never will'
    If fans put pressure on Kevin Feige, he may do something. I just never understood how marvel just abandoned their animation department. its so odd to me after the success they had with their 90s cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    If fans put pressure on Kevin Feige, he may do something. I just never understood how marvel just abandoned their animation department. its so odd to me after the success they had with their 90s cartoons.
    How the heck do you "put pressure" on someone to make something that isn't "needed?"
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Thread title is a good question I'd love to see answered.
    I wonder if there is anything marvel fans can do to make marvel pay more attention to their animation department and upgrade it big time. I feel as if Marvel is now so far behind in animation that it is course for concerns. I just rewatched Batman Hush, while it was not the best adaption of the source material, it was still a very good animated movie, its unfortunate we can't get this type of marvel animation.
    Starting with Flashpoint the DC animated stuff has plundered into mediocrity and lower. Only exceptions I can think of are Gotham by Gaslight and the 66 series tie-in films.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Marvel's animation is very poor and it has been for a very long time. Last good cartoons were X-Men and 90s Spider-Man. In order for Marvel to pay attention to their animation, I think toy sales have to take a hit.
    That's an unfair assessment. I've rewatched the 90s Spider-Man cartoon and plenty of its episodes are rather low on the quality spectrum, and X-Men of that era has some lame and irksome voice acting.

Spectacular Spider-Man, X-Men Evolution, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and I hear Wolverine and the X-Men (which I haven't watched myself) are much better than what came before and after, they are some pretty good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would love if we got another show like Avengers earth's mightiest heroes. Now that Loeb is gone we could get another show like it.
    But will we get some good stuff now? I want to believe, but I'm still concerned.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    How the heck do you "put pressure" on someone to make something that isn't "needed?"
    It is needed. we expect our comic franchise to be good in every medium, Comics, games, TV, movies. This is the way things have always been, I already gave an example for the 2000s. We had X2/Spiderman 2. X-Men Evolution, X-Men Legends/Spiderman 2 (game) and the comics which was back then all about 616/1610 ultimate universe. all were strong marvel entertainment to be enjoyed by fans.

Why else did you think Sony was our darling in 2018. they gave of the Spiderman 4 game on PS4 which was a great success and Into the Spiderverse all in that same year. Marvel fans should not really be running to Sony for this love when marvel can do that.

Also not to go too of topic, Fiege is pressured right now . he has said it that he see DC as marvel's competitor, this was the guy who reworked captain America 3 to counter attack batman v superman. yeah, I think he is pressured right now, what he can do to ease some of that is to give us great animations that can compete with DC's animated movies.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-16-2020 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Thread title is a good question I'd love to see answered.

Starting with Flashpoint the DC animated stuff has plundered into mediocrity and lower. Only exceptions I can think of are Gotham by Gaslight and the 66 series tie-in films.
    I don't agree with that. The Batman stuff has been good. Hush, Batman Bad Blood, Batman Son of Batman and Assult and Arkham are masterpieces compared too any of the marvel cartoons we have now.
    That's an unfair assessment. I've rewatched the 90s Spider-Man cartoon and plenty of its episodes are rather low on the quality spectrum, and X-Men of that era has some lame and irksome voice acting.

Spectacular Spider-Man, X-Men Evolution, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and I hear Wolverine and the X-Men (which I haven't watched myself) are much better than what came before and after, they are some pretty good stuff.
    I never liked Wolverine and the xmen, I found the look of the show dull. A bit too soon to focus on the Phoenix story too. however that was a cartoon that became collateral damage after Disney bought marvel. they cancelled it along with spectacular spiderman, but people seem to love wolverine and the xmen. the show had only one season, it may have developed into something great before Disney axed it
    But will we get some good stuff now? I want to believe, but I'm still concerned.
    yeah, its a course for concern, leave it to a few to tell me great marvel cartoons are not needed. before the movies, we had animations. Most of the best Marvel and DC Animation are arguably better than their movies.

Everyone would love some great Cartoons but the idea they are needed is silly.

They are venturing back into adult animation now since the fox buy out. We have Hulus Adult Cartoons being worked on. According to Kevin Smith despite all the Mavrl TV stuff getting the Axe those shows are still on. Or they were a month ago when he said that. We have The What If series coming to Disney+ with Marvel Studios producing it. I'm sure there will be alot more animation stuff announced in the future. As far as Adult aimed cartoon your probaly gonna have to be satisfied with obscure characters they dont want to use for Disney+. Hence we are getting Howard the Duck and Modok. What were the other ones? Dazzler and Hit ape or something?

As far as past stuff the only Animated Movie Marvel made that I still rewatch is Planet Hulk. Dr stranges movie was ok but the rest I didnt like.

Incredible Member

Okay, while I still think the ultimate way is when merchandise sales slow for non Spiderman characters, there is another way. Don't support Disney +.

When HBO Max launches this year, they will have animation which I expect to be good since they have a good track record with cartoon network animation for years.Disney doesn't consistently make good animation anymore. If HBO gets the animation right with things like looney tunes and animaniacs as well as the new dc and adventure time cartoons it may put pressure on Disney to invest more in animation.

If they do choose to invest than Marvel animation would be the obvious starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Loeb was running Marvel Animation for a period of time, and that era saw a vast decrease in quality across the entire animation line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Loeb was in charge of the animation side of things and he had a very narrow view of who it was for. To him all animation needed to be aimed at 5 year olds and dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.
    Thanks for the info, and that explains so much about Ultimate Spider-Man...

You obviously haven't seen the Batman/TMNT crossover film yet...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I disagree. I think some of the movies have been duds sure, but others have been fantastic. Batman: Assault on Arkham and the Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay are great Suicide Squad movies and so much better than the live action version and are some of my favorite DC animated movies. Son of Batman and Batman: Bad Blood were pretty good too (Batman vs Robin not so much). Justice League Dark was great.

It is needed.
    Got a plan to convince Marvel/Disney of that? And no, I don't think we can "pressure" Feige somehow.

we expect our comic franchise to be good in every medium, Comics, games, TV, movies. This is the way things have always been, I already gave an example for the 2000s. We had X2/Spiderman 2. X-Men Evolution, X-Men Legends/Spiderman 2 (game) and the comics which was back then all about 616/1610 ultimate universe. all were strong marvel entertainment to be enjoyed by fans.
    We can expect all kinds of things, but it isn't true and not how it has always been. There have been less than stellar comics, less than great comic games, TV, movies, I mean history is full of duds in this genre spanning decades. And more to the point, Disney doesn't care what we think about the quality of Marvel cartoons, we aren't in their target demographics. They just want us to watch the MCU films, kids watching their channel is who the cartoons are for. They just don't see a need to give adults cartoons.

Also not to go too of topic, Fiege is pressured right now . he has said it that he see DC as marvel's competitor, this was the guy who reworked captain America 3 to counter attack batman v superman. yeah, I think he is pressured right now, what he can do to ease some of that is to give us great animations that can compete with DC's animated movies.
    I doubt he considers the cartoons as part of some competition with DC. It's all about the live action films. Has he ever said anything about wanting to compete against DC's more adult animated offerings?

I don't agree with that. The Batman stuff has been good. Hush, Batman Bad Blood, Batman Son of Batman and Assult and Arkham are masterpieces compared too any of the marvel cartoons we have now.
    Never thought I'd hear "Son of Batman" and "masterpiece" in the same sentence...

yeah, its a course for concern, leave it to a few to tell me great marvel cartoons are not needed. before the movies, we had animations. Most of the best Marvel and DC Animation are arguably better than their movies.
    It doesn't matter whether they are needed, it matters whether Disney thinks cartoons for older audiences are needed - they do not think so, not even remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I disagree. I think some of the movies have been duds sure, but others have been fantastic. Batman: Assault on Arkham and the Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay are great Suicide Squad movies and so much better than the live action version and are some of my favorite DC animated movies. Son of Batman and Batman: Bad Blood were pretty good too (Batman vs Robin not so much). Justice League Dark was great.
    Just still trying to wrap my head around the notion people think Son of Batman is one of their better films...I can't do it.

Extraordinary Member

So we're just gonna totally hand wave the multiple award winning Into the Spiderverse? Okay forgot what thread I'm in- never mind...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So we're just gonna totally hand wave the multiple award winning Into the Spiderverse? Okay forgot what thread I'm in- never mind...
    In fairness, that was Sony, not Marvel/Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yea that wasn't Disney but Big Hero 6 was and that was a good movie. I wouldn't mind A Big Disney animated movie based on Power Pack/Young Avengers/Ms Marvel and the Nuhumans etc.... but I'm Biased for 2yesrs Beymax become my sons favroite Character and I honestly didnt even know it was related to Marvel till it came out.