Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How can we get Marvel to make quality animated movies?

I wonder if there is anything marvel fans can do to make marvel pay more attention to their animation department and upgrade it big time. I feel as if Marvel is now so far behind in animation that it is course for concerns. I just rewatched Batman Hush, while it was not the best adaption of the source material, it was still a very good animated movie, its unfortunate we can't get this type of marvel animation.

Kevin Feige is now in charge of marvel animation, people always says he loves to listen to fans, and he knows what we fans want, wonder if he knows about how we feel about the lack of good cartoons at marvel. We need to chase him about this topic ASAP. I would love to see many High quality adult driven Spiderman, Daredevil, X-men and Captain America animated movies. at least with those 4 Marvel IPs.

Incredible Member

Marvel's animation is very poor and it has been for a very long time. Last good cartoons were X-Men and 90s Spiderman. In order for Marvel to pay attention to their animation, I think toy sales have to take a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Marvel's animation is very poor and it has been for a very long time. Last good cartoons were X-Men and 90s Spiderman. In order for Marvel to pay attention to their animation, I think toy sales have to take a hit.
    They had some good follow up to that with Spectacular Spiderman and X-Men Evolution but their animation has been in a limbo ever since the Disney buyout.

The reason I always liked animations is because they made you take a break form movies and make you accept a different take of a comic IP on screen.
    In order for Marvel to pay attention to their animation, I think toy sales have to take a hit.
    I don't think toys are that necessary, since anytime the subject of toys come up the first word is ''kids'' but as we have learned from many DC animated movies. Hush, Justice League Dark, Batman Bad Blood, The Death of Superman, Gotham by Gaslight, Flash Point to name a few, these animations were made for a more adult or YA hunger Games type of audience. I don't think you need toys as much to make or sell a good animated film.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-15-2020 at 07:12 AM.

We can't. Disney isn't interested in that. They have live action movies with the MCU, and they have the cartoon series for kids on Disney XD, and that's it. They don't see the value in high quality PG-13 DTV movies, and we can't do anything about that. Disney wants the cartoons on their channel and dumbed down for kids, they know we adult fanboys will watch the live action films.

So that's it really. DC has this particular market all to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Some of their DTV films before they got bought by Disney were good. Hulk vs Wolverine and Planet Hulk were my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    We can't. Disney isn't interested in that. They have live action movies with the MCU, and they have the cartoon series for kids on Disney XD, and that's it. They don't see the value in high quality PG-13 DTV movies, and we can't do anything about that. Disney wants the cartoons on their channel and dumbed down for kids, they know we adult fanboys will watch the live action films.

So that's it really. DC has this particular market all to themselves.
    Yeah, this is true. I think its time Kevin Feige works a way around that as the new head of everything Marvel. we deserve more than dumb down marvel cartoons, You need to see how paranoid marvel fans got when it was revealed Disney were reshuffling XMen TAS on Disney plus, some fans feared Disney were trying to remove some of the content of the show.

https://netflixlife.com/2019/11/19/d...order-mistake/
    Disney draws backlash from X-Men: The Animated Series fans after order mistake

TAS X-men was good but I am tired of marvel riding it after 28 years, they need new stuff. I am burned out of comic movies (marvel and DC) both, so I sometimes like to take off with the animated cartoons. a rewatch of DC assault on arkram will have me more glued to my screen than watching Aquaman right now. I want the same thing for marvel.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-15-2020 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Yeah, this is true. I think its time Kevin Feige works a way around that as the new head of everything Marvel. we deserve more than dumb down marvel cartoons, You need to see how paranoid marvel fans got when it was revealed Disney were reshuffling XMen TAS on Disney plus, some fans feared Disney were trying to remove some of the content of the show.

https://netflixlife.com/2019/11/19/d...order-mistake/
    Disney draws backlash from X-Men: The Animated Series fans after order mistake

TAS X-men was good but I am tired of marvel riding it after 28 years, they need new stuff. I am burned out of comic movies (marvel and DC) both, so I sometimes like to take off with the animated cartoons. a rewatch of DC assault on arkram will have more glued to my screen than watching Aquaman right now. I want the same thing for marvel.
    Why should Feige concern himself with the cartoons? Why assume we'll get DTV movies through him? I think this is just a fan wish, I just don't see it happening in the foreseeable future.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would love if we got another show like Avengers earth's mightiest heroes. Now that Loeb is gone we could get another show like it.

I would like to see Marvel anime return. I liked the X-men anime from madhouse a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would love if we got another show like Avengers earth's mightiest heroes. Now that Loeb is gone we could get another show like it.

I would like to see Marvel anime return. I liked the X-men anime from madhouse a few years ago.
    What does Loeb have to do with it?

Loeb was running Marvel Animation for a period of time, and that era saw a vast decrease in quality across the entire animation line.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I wonder if there is anything marvel fans can do to make marvel pay more attention to their animation department and upgrade it big time. I feel as if Marvel is now so far behind in animation that it is course for concerns. I just rewatched Batman Hush, while it was not the best adaption of the source material, it was still a very good animated movie, its unfortunate we can't get this type of marvel animation.

Kevin Feige is now in charge of marvel animation, people always says he loves to listen to fans, and he knows what we fans want, wonder if he knows about how we feel about the lack of good cartoons at marvel. We need to chase him about this topic ASAP. I would love to see many High quality adult driven Spiderman, Daredevil, X-men and Captain America animated movies. at least with those 4 Marvel IPs.
    Good question. While I do not have any answers, I too want great Marvel Animations. But I want more than what we have been given in the past and I want a lot of team shows, such as Avengers, Defenders, FF, X-Men and Inhumans. I want good stories with great animation, with characters wearing their classic costumes with bright colors (not that dulled/dark Avengers look) and individual voices for each character. Avengers and GG seemed to have 3 actors for all the characters--and I can tell--it takes away any pleasure that was there. This would be a good start!!

Well, i sure wouldn't mind a new x-men show, i actually liked all of them.

The ol' 90's one, Evolution, Wolverine and the X-men...that's fine stuff and all very different which is cool.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Loeb was in charge of the animation side of things and he had a very narrow view of who it was for. To him all animation needed to be aimed at 5 year olds and dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.

BANNED

Let's see how Disney Plus evolves. My kids love some of the animated shows and, really, that's what they are primarily for. I'm sure DC has made some good money off their creative and often spectacular animation....but I don't think the studios have to feel like they have to do both. Do what works, but maybe the streaming platform will allow for some increased quality in that regard.

Would like to see a direct to video line, like DC does now, but we the customers can't "make" it happen.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)