Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Remember some of those owners have AGENDAS especially towards Marvel (& DC) pandering to them.

Especially those in certain places where certain types of books don't sell. So they assume that is the same everywhere.

Yes at some stores you have X-Men books doing the same, better or worst than they did before Hickman showed up.

Because it's X-MEN not Moon Girl, Ms Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Champions, Young Justice or most POC lead books-they won't complain.

All they care about is WHO is on the cover. Because they assume X-Men will sell.

The downside to that is when you have large orders of books-you have TONS of folks who are selling those books at prices 50-90% below cover price. Your store sells X-Men #5 at $5 with B&B. Midtown will have that book at 60% off in less than 6 months. Don't get me started with Half Price books where a new book can end up there by Friday.

YOu can over order all you like but you better know your competition.
    My local store never ever stocks Ms. Marvel, Agents of Atlas, Moon Girl or Squirrel Girl because the owner hates them and thinks they are ruining comics. I have a pull box and he still doesn't order them. I have to drive to Huntsville to get stuff like Unstoppable Wasp, which was probably the best comic of last year. There are a lot of unsold X-men and Spider-man issues sitting on his shelves.

That is absolutely not true everywhere. My local store sucks ass. But it is definitely not rare.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    My local store never ever stocks Ms. Marvel, Agents of Atlas, Moon Girl or Squirrel Girl because the owner hates them and thinks they are ruining comics. I have a pull box and he still doesn't order them. I have to drive to Huntsville to get stuff like Unstoppable Wasp, which was probably the best comic of last year. There are a lot of unsold X-men and Spider-man issues sitting on his shelves.

That is absolutely not true everywhere. My local store sucks ass. But it is definitely not rare.
    Ew, not cool that he's ignoring what customers want because of how he feels about them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ew, not cool that he's ignoring what customers want because of how he feels about them.
    He outright ranted to me the first time I went there about how awful Squirrel Girl and Moon Girl were and how they were ruining comics. We had another store that was really cool but it closed down.