Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No book had a massive star wrier like X-men have with Hickman. and that i sthe only one out of the curve book

23 28 All New X-Men 4 $3.99 Marvel 50,160
    15 13 All New X-Men 5 $3.99 Marvel 76,007 All new X-men by Bendis...
    13 9 Wolverine And X-Men 4 $3.99 Marvel 59,530 Wolverine and the X-men by Aaron... Both A-lists, worse sales...

These were the flagship books, don't compare these sales to the sales of New Mutants, Marauders etc...

20 11 New Mutants 1 $3.99 Marvel 55,734
    50 49 Astonishing X-Men 4 $3.99 Marvel 40,588
    24 19 X-Men Gold 4 $3.99 Marvel 52,710
    33 29 X-Men Blue 4 $3.99 Marvel 44,576

They sell fine...

Quote Originally Posted by x-mind View Post
    15 13 All New X-Men 5 $3.99 Marvel 76,007 All new X-men by Bendis...
    13 9 Wolverine And X-Men 4 $3.99 Marvel 59,530 Wolverine and the X-men by Aaron... Both A-lists, worse sales...

These were the flagship books, don't compare these sales to the sales of New Mutants, Marauders etc...

20 11 New Mutants 1 $3.99 Marvel 55,734
    50 49 Astonishing X-Men 4 $3.99 Marvel 40,588
    24 19 X-Men Gold 4 $3.99 Marvel 52,710
    33 29 X-Men Blue 4 $3.99 Marvel 44,576

They sell fine...
    yeah fine, but not as fine it should be with the hype they got.

It is a bit harder to compare when the status quo weren't unified like now.

wolverien and the x-men wasn't the flashship nor the all new x-men, it was the uncanny book
    Aaron nor Bendis had the hype like Hickman had. Aaron only became a A-list after Thor

BANNED

lol at Bendis having no hype

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    So its selling about the same as it was pre-relaunch. Sales seem a bit lower all around in general for all comics though. Of course, these sales are technically pre-sales to comic book stores, so its harder to gauge how many actually end up in customer hands. My local store is overflowing with unsold Fallen Angels issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Really? There were five X-books in the top 40 pre-launch and one in the top 2? How far back "pre-launch" are you going for that claim?
    #FakeNews2020
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'm just going on the numbers that was posted. It made it look like the sales, while higher on the charts, were actually about the same number of sales as before.

BANNED

Regenesis numbers:

Gold #4: 52,710
    Blue #4: 44,576
    Weapon X #4: 35,417
    Generation X #4: 22,486
    Astonishing #4: 40,588
    Red #4: 44,607
    Uncanny #4: 59,113
    X-Force #4: 25,984

The only satellite title that compared to these satellite titles was Red. And even that had X-Men in the title and was considered a main book.

Now I'm even more confused. Is the comparison apt or not? Obviously the main X-men book is doing much, much better, but the rest seem to be doing as well as they used to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Now I'm even more confused. Is the comparison apt or not? Obviously the main X-men book is doing much, much better, but the rest seem to be doing as well as they used to.
    It is an apt comparison, but when forgetting to look at the recent past and actually compare, the numbers seem shocking.

In other words, X-Men comics sales suck lollipops, but not really any worse than normal and still better than most other comics can do. I think some of us just expected hype to carry on longer and stronger, but people pretty much immediately jumped ship once HoxPox was done.

The people want constant tentpole stories or nothing, and while I personally will contine to be reading because I have the disposable income, the market's reaction as a whole makes sense.

Seems like creators will have to figure out how to come in with a strong, buzz-worthy issue one and never let up on the gas if they want to see numbers stay above 50K for any significant time.

Funny thing is I think X-Force is pretty much doing that and here we are.

Unpopular opinion: Not surprised X-Force is selling lower than the other books.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Excalibur selling better than X-force. Wtf
    My thoughts exactly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Unpopular opinion: Not surprised X-Force is selling lower than the other books.
    Honest question (not trying to be snarky) Why is that?

Maybe the violence in the first couple issues turned people off? I know its par the course for X-force, but killing Xavier off only to bring him back immediately may have made it all feel like a cheap stunt. And having some of the headline X-men involved in something so violent might also push some people away.

Most likely its because we've had several X-force series these last few years and most were pretty bad.

BANNED

Excalibur #3 and 4 had Venom Island variants. X-Force, Marauders and New Mutants didn't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Honest question (not trying to be snarky) Why is that?
    The answer to this might be another question: when was the last time and X-Force book sold more than most of the others, if ever? I would guess during the Dark Angel Saga.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The answer to this might be another question: when was the last time and X-Force book sold more than most of the others, if ever? I would guess during the Dark Angel Saga.
    "Most of the others" in this case meaning "books that have X-Men in the title" lol. X-Force has always been the most succesful satellite book.