Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    his modern costume is based off his first suit from season one.

I feel this look is more streamlined (relatively given the medium) than that one. the color placements is less blocky and tacked on, the blue and yellow are far more balanced in the design. i also think this one has better texture, incorporating that sorta circuit board pattern more prominently and less of the bulky metal-plated bits; it conveys that sleek scifi/afrofuturism feel better imo.

I thought it was the other way around to where the show based it off his New 52/modern costume.

If you colored the lightning bolts yellow and maybe added some yellow to the arms, the costumes would be pretty identical save for some of the detailing in the live-action suit that you'd have to streamline.

BANNED

I get that live-action super-suits really benefit from texture and details for visual interest, and I really like the current BL costume. I just wish the techy circuitry details looked more like they had a function. They come across to me as purely cosmetic. Still much better than his first outfit.(sorry, Gambi! )

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I get that live-action super-suits really benefit from texture and details for visual interest, and I really like the current BL costume. I just wish the techy circuitry details looked more like they had a function. They come across to me as purely cosmetic. Still much better than his first outfit.(sorry, Gambi! )
    This reminds me how overdesigned and busy the MCU costumes looked when they ported them into animation. It just didn't work.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    They really should be dark and light up when he generates lightning. You don't really even need to CGI it with clever LED placement.