Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    maybe, doubt it was this spectacular tho. easily one of my top 5 Black Lightning moments of all time
    Admittedly they're working on a TV budget and try to keep the Superhero stuff on the downside over the personal/family drama...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Admittedly they're working on a TV budget and try to keep the Superhero stuff on the downside over the personal/family drama...
    oh, I don't fault them, budget constraints are real and they make what they have to work with look pretty ok, they just marginally exceed the bar set for them. i don't see this scene, the fight in general, being done any real justice on anything short of premium television or cinema
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

The comic book version of Jefferson Pierce is one of the very few reasons i even pay attention to DC at this point. I've been ..pleasantly surprised at his representation in Outsiders with regard to his art AND his character. I enjoyed "Cold Dead Hands" and didn't think i'd see him receive treatment better than that (low faith in DC). Outsiders has challenged that notion.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    The comic book version of Jefferson Pierce is one of the very few reasons i even pay attention to DC at this point. I've been ..pleasantly surprised at his representation in Outsiders with regard to his art AND his character. I enjoyed "Cold Dead Hands" and didn't think i'd see him receive treatment better than that (low faith in DC). Outsiders has challenged that notion.
    Outsiders is definitely his and Katana's book first, everyone else second, and I'm actually really for it
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Outsiders is definitely his and Katana's book first, everyone else second, and I'm actually really for it
    Not gonna lie, they're my anchors to the book other than Soy's art.

some vintage Black Lightning with black lightning

currently following:

Brick City era Black Lightning has some of the most underrated art in DC history. conceptually the character design is kinda dated but still so fucking dope, I love the idea of using his glowing eyes to conceal his identity, it feels like the natural evolution of his jive era disguise. then just the execution, the inks, the pencils, it's so distinctly 90s but it works so well that it doesn't ever really feel dated in the negative sense, you know?

like c'mon, just the covers alone should be talked about more. like man, this cover is so beautiful to me
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-07-2020 at 08:42 PM.

currently following:

also I wanna talk about how underappreciated Black Lightning's ability to change the color and properties of his lightning is. people love to pay lip service to the "electric negro" trope but we rarely see people utilize the aspects of Jeff's power that make him unique compared to all the clones he's spawned. plus, visually, the creative potential of all these colors could lead to some really aesthetically compelling art, it don't gotta be only blue or yellow

gimme purples

gimme reds

and y'all know I'm always rooting for them to make black his standard

DC need to stop playing!
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-24-2020 at 07:39 PM.

currently following:

Default last one for tonight

I've developed a newfound appreciation for Jefferson's latest CW suit

I always liked it more than his first one but I really dig this design looking at it today. very sleek, it's streamlined but intricately detailed with the circuitry like patterns, very dope.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-08-2020 at 09:33 AM.

currently following:

Incredible Member

also I wanna talk about how underappreciated Black Lightning's ability to change the color and properties of his lightning. people love to pay lip service to the "electric negro" trope but we rarely see people utilize that aspect of Jeff's power that make him unique compared to all the clones he's spawned. plus, visually, the creative potential of all these colors could lead to some really aesthetically compelling art, it don't gotta be only blue or yellow

gimme purples

gimme reds

and y'all know I'm always rooting for them to make black his standard

DC need to stop playing!
    Sadly the whole lightning changing colors was given to the flash and his allies and villains.

As for he costumes I like them, though I do wish we could see a close up of his old suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Sadly the whole lightning changing colors was given to the flash and his allies and villains.

As for he costumes I like them, though I do wish we could see a close up of his old suit.
    no they weren't, speedster have distinctly colored lighting but, yellow or red is often the default for most of the ancillary ones depending on their moral alignment, and the ability to change or manipulate the color and properties of his lightning is still a uniquely Jefferson ability. I want more respect on Jeff but let's not pretend the Flash family is encroaching on his territory just because they have lightning. not trynna come off
    forceful, but I've been seeing that school of thought here and there and I'm not here for that nonsense.

currently following:

I've developed a newfound appreciation for Jefferson's latest CW suit

I always liked it more than his first one but I really dig this design looking at it today. very sleek, it's streamlined but intricately detailed with the circuitry like patterns, very dope.
    It definitely looks more like his comic suit.

currently following:

currently following:

does anyone else get Action Comics #1 vibes from this page? if so, do you think it was intentional? and what would you say it was meant to say?

I think it was intentional but I'm not sure if it was meant to be saying anything particularly; I had some ideas what it cooould be saying tho.

currently following: