Extraordinary Member

Default Crisis on Infinite Earths - Wolfman & Perez Look Back

Writer Marv Wolfman and artist George Perez look back at the creation of the original 12-part book Crisis on Infinite Earths in the interview with Entertainment Weekly

https://ew.com/books/2020/01/13/cris...rez-interview/

Who was on their list of characters to kill?
    Who did DC Comics insist on killing off that Wolfman/Perez didn't really want to?
    What was Wolfman's favorite scene in the story?
    What would they change or do differently?

Extraordinary Member

I always wondered what Paul Levitz thought about the killing off Supergirl. He was using her pretty regularly in Legion of Super Heroes at the time.

I read an interview with him where he said that Sensor Girl was originally supposed to be Supergirl, where she would stay in the 30th Century permanently. But that idea was axed because they wanted her dead so that Superman would be the only survivor of Krypton. So he rewrote the Sensor Girl mystery with someone else under the mask.

I firmly believe Flash dying was a necessity as DC wanted to move into a new era. Jay was the Golden Age, Barry was the Silver Age, and Wally would be the Flash for this new age.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I firmly believe Flash dying was a necessity as DC wanted to move into a new era. Jay was the Golden Age, Barry was the Silver Age, and Wally would be the Flash for this new age.
    Agree with this. Barry was remembered as a hero and was still mentioned often. There was no need to bring him back.