Default JLI/Global Guardians/etc.

For those groups in which members received salaries for being superheroes - did we ever get an idea how much they were paid?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    For those groups in which members received salaries for being superheroes - did we ever get an idea how much they were paid?
    It would have dated the series to reveal an exact salary. But presumably not enough. Booster/Beetle were always trying get rich quick schemes in JLI, Fire always money for shopping, etc.

It's not like we pay our soldiers or police men that much so they were probably making middle-class money.

It would have dated the series to reveal an exact salary.
    True. Though sometimes clothes and hair date a series, anyway

Really, though, even relative earnings ("less than an accountant","barely more than secretary", etc.) would be appreciated.

making middle-class money
    Wish we had some agreement on what that meant. I've seen "middle class" used for everything from 30K a year to 150K a year (per person, not household). People really like that term in the US. But even the difference between 40K and 60K is significant. And cost of living varies.

BANNED

Way less than overpaid Sportsball people.

The JLI, and earlier the Global Guardians, were said to be funded by the United Nations. Indeed says this about pay at the UN...

The average United Nations salary ranges from approximately $46,848 per year for Administrative Assistant to $137,153 per year for Information Systems Technician.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'm sure it's safe to say the women were paid less than the men (probably including G-Nort!?).

This was the late 80's/early 90's after all, and Max Lord was a misogynistic pig who would not fair well in today's climate...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

A bit off topic, Icefan, but since you are a fan, would you know if she ever held any other paying occupation other than superhero? Or ever expressed an interest in any sort of ordinary work?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    A bit off topic, Icefan, but since you are a fan, would you know if she ever held any other paying occupation other than superhero? Or ever expressed an interest in any sort of ordinary work?
    The only thing I know of off hand is that Tora and Beatriz both worked as fashion models.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    The only thing I know of off hand is that Tora and Beatriz both worked as fashion models.
    Thanks for the reminder - I looked it up once - there are a lot of models among the DC superheroines. Some of the guys took a turn, too.

Amazing Member

Max was always promising to get Booster or Beetle a new Walkman or CD player, so they couldn’t have made that much if they couldn’t afford that (even in the mid-late 80s).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm sure it's safe to say the women were paid less than the men (probably including G-Nort!?).

This was the late 80's/early 90's after all, and Max Lord was a misogynistic pig who would not fair well in today's climate...
    To be fair, if you were paid in terms of your usefulness, you would expect Fire and Ice were probably making way less than Green Lantern or Martian Manhunter.

I want Green Arrow, Black Canary, GL Hal Jordan to become Global Guardian/JLI, since they been chased out of the main JL books/roster.

Boisterously Confused

Can't say exactly, but it was enough to finance Wally West's mom's incessant European shipping trips once she hacked his teleporter tube.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Can't say exactly, but it was enough to finance Wally West's mom's incessant European shipping trips once she hacked his teleporter tube.
    I thought he was still a lottery winner then (I know he lost money at some point, but then came into more money somehow).